Diamond Newbie Help

bjlaac

Family turned Diamond on last cruise and we will be taking a cruise in a few days as Diamond and need some basic help

1) We are not big drinkers but will have a drink once in a while, where do you see the number of drinks you have or that are remaining each day.

2) Do you need to tell the waiter to use the drink voucher or will they do it automatically

3) Where can you see the drink list on a ship with its prices once onboard

4) Besides alcohol, what other drinks are available

5) Can the vouchers be used throughout the day or are they limited to what was once the "happy hour"

Thanks so much for anyone who knows where to find this info or knows the answers.

16 minutes ago, bjlaac said:

Family turned Diamond on last cruise and we will be taking a cruise in a few days as Diamond and need some basic help

1) We are not big drinkers but will have a drink once in a while, where do you see the number of drinks you have or that are remaining each day.

2) Do you need to tell the waiter to use the drink voucher or will they do it automatically

5) Can the vouchers be used throughout the day or are they limited to what was once the "happy hour"

Thanks so much for anyone who knows where to find this info or knows the answers.

1)The drinks you have "purchased" with your vouchers will show up as $0 on the account section of the app.

2)They will automatically use them unless you tell them differently

3)Drink menus are on the app under each bar but you can order what you want

4)Sodas, juices, coffees (except at standalone SB on some ships can't use the vouchers)

5) You can use them from 5 am to 4:59 am so 24 hours a day.

Edited by BND

13 minutes ago, bjlaac said:

1) We are not big drinkers but will have a drink once in a while, where do you see the number of drinks you have or that are remaining each day. As Diamond members you will be awarded 4 drinks per day. Most of the time there is no place that shows how many drinks you have left. There are recent reports that say the total left in listed on your receipt when you buy a drink.

2) Do you need to tell the waiter to use the drink voucher or will they do it automatically Any drink you order, including water and soda, will go against your free drinks. If you don't want a voucher used for a drink, you'll need to tell the bar tender not to use one.

4) Besides alcohol, what other drinks are available Water, soda, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails.

5) Can the vouchers be used throughout the day or are they limited to what was once the "happy hour" They can be used any time during the day.

Enjoy your cruise.

We tracked our drinks on the app in the account.  Any drink is gratis up to 13 or 14 dollars (I forgot the threshold) any thing higher you pay the difference.  So no list.  The staff will use your voucher unless told otherwise.  Can be used throughout the day and even in restaurants .  Good for a 24 hour period.  No carryover. I do not know what other refreshments are allowed,  sorry.  When we had a couple vouchers left over we opted for water(no more bottles, coming in cans now).

23 minutes ago, bjlaac said:

Counting to 4 is not that hard to remember.  They do give you a receipt now.  But I toss it. 

I always tell the waiter

Every bar has a menu and if you are getting a free drink, you don't need to be concerned about a price.  Prices are also on the app. 

Every drink is available.  Even water. 

Reloaded daily, and they do not carry forward. Good for the entire 24 hour period that ends 5:00 am daily. 

1 hour ago, fenton04 said:

When we had a couple vouchers left over we opted for water(no more bottles, coming in cans now).

Most ships we have been on lately still have bottles (vs. cans) of water.  So, this can vary by ship. 

1 hour ago, fenton04 said:

You can share your drinks on your card.  Not so with the beverage package.

We are D+ with 5 daily vouchers each.  We are not big drinkers, and on our most recent cruise I couldn't drink at all due to medical issues...:classic_sad:...so we got a few bottles of water (on Radiance it was bottles) each day and had fun treating total strangers to drinks.

We would approach a couple at a bar late in the evening and ask "Are you D or D+?"  and "Did you buy the drinks package?"  If the answer was NO, we would buy them a drink.  We had a lot of fun and met some interesting people doing this!

• Like 6

Don't forget you will also have a few drink discounts on your card, probably a buy one get one and another for 20% off. They bogo is nice for grabbing a few beers to take back to your cabin unopened.

You will also have access to the coffee machine in the DL. When it invariably breaks, find out if they are giving D and above free coffees at the cafe 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Don't forget you will also have a few drink discounts on your card, probably a buy one get one and another for 20% off. They bogo is nice for grabbing a few beers to take back to your cabin unopened.

You will also have access to the coffee machine in the DL. When it invariably breaks, find out if they are giving D and above free coffees at the cafe 😁.

That is good to know because I thought it was only broke when we went to the diamond lounge!😄

I'm curious as our March cruise will be our first as Diamond. We do have the Deluxe Drink Package. Does it matter which drinks I use the voucher for or not? I don't know if there are certain situations where using the voucher is better than using the DDP. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm curious as our March cruise will be our first as Diamond. We do have the Deluxe Drink Package. Does it matter which drinks I use the voucher for or not? I don't know if there are certain situations where using the voucher is better than using the DDP. Thoughts?

Since the CAS HH beverage menus are gone, you can get any drink you want. If you go over the dollar amount (I think it's $13.00) for the CAS drinks then you'd be responsible for the difference. Having both options, I'd get all my drinks using the DDP and make friends with a non diamond member or a diamond and above member who has blowin' thru their allotted drinks and share the CAS drinks.😉 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

We are D+ and always buy the DBP. Our last cruise our granddaughter was with us so we used our vouchers to get her any non alcoholic drink that she wanted. The Deluxe beverage package pretty much covers anything you would want so as someone else mentioned, you can always gift people a drink using your voucher. 

And of course we always tip whether we're using our package or our vouchers.

• Like 1

$73.00 per day = 5 mixed drinks or 9 beers.  

$73.00 per day = 9 mixed drinks or 13 beers (if you are Diamond). 

The question is, will you have 9 mixed drinks per day?  Yes, I know it includes other stuff like coffee, and/or water and soda but the question is if you have the package, will it save you money or not.

I also don't buy strangers free drinks..... unless they bought me a round already. Than I would not tell them it was free.

• Like 2

We also just became Diamond, and we are not drinkers. We usually had one pina colada during the entire day, but my DW loves cokes, so she had them. I like some liquors like Kahlua and Sambuca, so I enjoyed them with dinner and after dinner. We always managed to use up our allotment each day. 

Cheers

Len