What beverages in Neptune lounge?

dcsam

2 minutes ago, dcsam said:

Thank you.  

I’ve also looked at their website to see about their spa access, but I assume that’s not included too?

No, it’s not.

Neptune Lounge is nice with the different munchies all day (continental breakfast, lunch and hors d'houevres as well as the teas and coffee machine - and concierge to assist with whatever you need but, nothing else is thrown in for free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have often been critical of HAL for offering the worst suite amenities in the industry.  The Neptune Lounge is a perfect example.  Go on just about any other line, book the big suites, and the dedicated lounge will have all kinds of complementary beverages including adult beverages.  My goodness, go on MSC in their Yacht Club (far less expensive than a Neptune Suite) and the huge lounge (with an expansive bow view) has a constantly changing snack buffet, a large bar (all drinks included) and plenty of waiters to get you just about anything.  Want a glass of French champagne, just ask.  Want a Vodka gimlet made with Belvedere, just ask.  That line also provides entertainment (from about 6:30 to midnight) in their YC lounge.

One could also opt for the Retreat Suites on Celebrity and head to "Michaels" to get snacks and just about any kind of drink.  On some evenings they will even bring in some low key entertainment.  

In a perfect world where HAL had no competition, the Neptune Lounge would be very nice.  But in this competitive world it seems like a very substandard venue.

Hank

• Like 4

A substandard venue and suite experience is really an understatement. We will soon be 4 star on HAL primarily because of sailing on charters.  Years ago we moved on from HAL Neptune Suites and numerous sailings in Pinnacle Suites.  The suite experience on Celebrity is amazing. Sail in a Royal Suite or a Penthouse suite and you will never look back.  Literally everything is included with respect to premium liquor, premium wines, high speed internet, liquor bottles in the suite, daily laundry and a butler and unlimited specialty dining,  a lounge that includes all drinks with table service. A dedicated restaurant for suite passengers with no up charge for a shrimp cocktail or filet mignon.

I’m sailing on a charter next month on the Nieuw Amsterdam for two weeks in the Pinnacle Suite. The charter cost for the suite was huge!  The prices for 2 people for high speed internet access, specialty dining, premium drink package, 2 bottles of liquor in the suite and 2 bottles of wine in the suite added nearly $1,800 and that is only for one week.  

HAL suites are essentially nothing more than more space nd free laundry.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

A substandard venue and suite experience is really an understatement. We will soon be 4 star on HAL primarily because of sailing on charters.  Years ago we moved on from HAL Neptune Suites and numerous sailings in Pinnacle Suites.  The suite experience on Celebrity is amazing. Sail in a Royal Suite or a Penthouse suite and you will never look back.  Literally everything is included with respect to premium liquor, premium wines, high speed internet, liquor bottles in the suite, daily laundry and a butler and unlimited specialty dining,  a lounge that includes all drinks with table service. A dedicated restaurant for suite passengers with no up charge for a shrimp cocktail or filet mignon.

I’m sailing on a charter next month on the Nieuw Amsterdam for two weeks in the Pinnacle Suite. The charter cost for the suite was huge!  The prices for 2 people for high speed internet access, specialty dining, premium drink package, 2 bottles of liquor in the suite and 2 bottles of wine in the suite added nearly $1,800 and that is only for one week.  

HAL suites are essentially nothing more than more space nd free laundry.

Hal’s prices are very high.  Apparently you and I are the only ones paying these high prices.  If I had a nickel for every time on this board I’ve  heard how cheap cruises are I’d never have to pay for another one.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if it’s changed but wine and soft drinks were complimentary in June last year on the Oosterdam in the Neptune Lounge. Not a huge selection but it was nice to go grab a glass of wine before heading out for the evening. Previous to that it was on an honor system and if you had anything you were charged but it seemed like a bigger selection. I haven’t sailed in a Neptune Suite since then so it’s possible that it’s changed. 

BTW, if you like the snacks and apps offered find out the hours that they offer them. Several times I’d go looking for chocolates and they were put away. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting. Thank you. 

After reading the above post about Celebrity, I checked out the Solstice (they do Alaska RT out of Seattle) deck plan.  That's all it took for me not to consider a cruise aboard.  It looks crowded.  Very crowded.  

As far as the Volendam Neptune suites: they're huge and the balcony is big too.  That's important for us.  But I'm realizing service and food, certainly would not be something we'd get.  It's too bad. 

We're debating between three different ships for Alaska:  Seabourn Odyssey (~3x more $ than Neptune Suite) and Oceania Regatta (Penthouse - ~same as Seabourn).  Decisions, decisions.  Since we can drive to either Seattle or Vancouver, we might wait a few months to see if any of the cruises go down in cost.  Right now, I can't justifiy Seabourn or Oceania, and it's a 'possible' for the Volendam.

HAL Suite perks are pretty similar to Princes suite perks, at least on the 4 Royal class vessels.  However neither can come anywhere close to the Ship Within A Ship suite concept like NCL (just sailed) or MSC or Royal (friends have sailed).  I know soft drinks were included in the Concierge Lounge on Princess, as were alcoholic ones during cocktail hour (I don't recall if wine and beer were free during the rest of the time).  From what I've researched, it is an "honor system" in the HAL Neptune Lounge, where if you take a soda, you write down you took one so they can count it against your stateroom.

This past summer on the Oosterdam, there were free alcoholic drinks every afternoon in the Neptune Lounge.  It was very popular and the concierges said it was an experiment and if it was successful, would become fleet-wide.  It looks like that has not happened, which is really too bad.  HAL needs this to keep its suites competitive with other lines.

We have never cruised on Celebrity, but have looked at it a few times.  One problem we found was that cruises tended to be shorter and to less obscure destinations than HAL.  As we are pretty well-traveled, we look to explore new places we have never been to and it is just harder to find that on Celebrity.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, dcsam said:

Interesting. Thank you. 

After reading the above post about Celebrity, I checked out the Solstice (they do Alaska RT out of Seattle) deck plan.  That's all it took for me not to consider a cruise aboard.  It looks crowded.  Very crowded.  

As far as the Volendam Neptune suites: they're huge and the balcony is big too.  That's important for us.  But I'm realizing service and food, certainly would not be something we'd get.  It's too bad. 

We're debating between three different ships for Alaska:  Seabourn Odyssey (~3x more $ than Neptune Suite) and Oceania Regatta (Penthouse - ~same as Seabourn).  Decisions, decisions.  Since we can drive to either Seattle or Vancouver, we might wait a few months to see if any of the cruises go down in cost.  Right now, I can't justifiy Seabourn or Oceania, and it's a 'possible' for the Volendam.

We cruised on the Volendam last month over Christmas and wouldn't hesitate to book again. Service in the bars and lounges was excellent. The only blemishes were in room air conditioning, 90 minute dinner the first night in the MDR, and an overdone burger in the Pinacle at lunch. After the first night service in MDR was much quicker usually under 45 minutes. We had fixed late seating. Can't speak to the Neptune Lounge as we had a Vista Suite.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

HAL Suite perks are pretty similar to Princes suite perks, at least on the 4 Royal class vessels.  However neither can come anywhere close to the Ship Within A Ship suite concept like NCL (just sailed) or MSC or Royal (friends have sailed).  I know soft drinks were included in the Concierge Lounge on Princess, as were alcoholic ones during cocktail hour (I don't recall if wine and beer were free during the rest of the time).  From what I've researched, it is an "honor system" in the HAL Neptune Lounge, where if you take a soda, you write down you took one so they can count it against your stateroom.

HAL also falls short on complementary Thermal Suite access.  Princess suites give complementary access to their Thermal Suite on select ships.

Below suite level, even Carnival gives free Thermal Suite access to passengers booking their spa staterooms.  Booking a HAL spa verandah's gets you a loofah mitt, use of a yoga mat, a few specialty waters, bath salts and other minor perks...embarrassingly little compared to HAL's parent "economy" line.

51 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

HAL also falls short on complementary Thermal Suite access.  Princess suites give complementary access to their Thermal Suite on select ships.

Below suite level, even Carnival gives free Thermal Suite access to passengers booking their spa staterooms.  Booking a HAL spa verandah's gets you a loofah mitt, use of a yoga mat, a few specialty waters, bath salts and other minor perks...embarrassingly little compared to HAL's parent "economy" line.

I wonder if uou get the speciality waters anymore.  It used to be vitamin water and hal doesn't do plastic bottles anymore.

18 hours ago, dcsam said:

Interesting. Thank you. 

We are 3 star on HAL and Elite on Celebrity.  There is no comparison between the suite experiences.  Celebrity wins hands down. Lovely suite dining room, premium beverages, streaming wifi, gratuities, and normally additional OBC all included.  Additionally, on the E Class, and some M and S class ships there is a dedicated sun deck for suites.  The Neptune lounge and Club Orange don’t even come close to the Celebrity Retreat experience.

We book HAL when we want to relax.  Celebrity is a bit more lively.  However, neither can compete with the small luxury ship experiences you mentioned above.

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1