Is there rice pudding on the buffet or as a dessert any night in MDR?

lesters

I know this seems very specific and kind of random …. Lol

We are in final preparation mode for our cruise on the Magic in 2 weeks.   On this cruise we are taking along my parents. This is their first time travelling since dad’s stroke almost 5 years ago.  In talking about our plans last night his two requests involved sleep and food.  Specifically rice pudding ….lol

Does anyone recall seeing this on any buffets or menus lately?   I hate buffets in general so have no idea if it was an option on our last sailing in October.  

As it’s his one request would love to actually see it available but it won’t ruin anything if it’s not. 

Also I have major holiday brain and am researching everything related to the Magic and our ports… so happy to look up anything lol

• Like 1

No promises but, it definitely won’t hurt to ask. Some requests can be met if your waitstaff clears it with the kitchen the night before. I saw a table served crème brûlée on a night when it was not on the menu simply because they asked the night before.

• Like 3

I have seen it in the buffet a time or 2, cause I grab it when I do.  Not particularly a fan of chocolate or cakes.  When they have the chocolate extravaganza (when/if they still do) they usually have it.....

• Like 1

I was on the Hawaiian Journeys cruise the last two weeks.  It was definitely on the buffet for the Chocolate Extravaganza, but I didn't see it any other time OR in the MDR. It wouldn't hurt to ask about it, because Carnival is usually very accommodating.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lesters said:

I know this seems very specific and kind of random …. Lol

We are in final preparation mode for our cruise on the Magic in 2 weeks.   On this cruise we are taking along my parents. This is their first time travelling since dad’s stroke almost 5 years ago.  In talking about our plans last night his two requests involved sleep and food.  Specifically rice pudding ….lol

Does anyone recall seeing this on any buffets or menus lately?   I hate buffets in general so have no idea if it was an option on our last sailing in October.  

As it’s his one request would love to actually see it available but it won’t ruin anything if it’s not. 

Also I have major holiday brain and am researching everything related to the Magic and our ports… so happy to look up anything lol

I would call the Special Needs department and see what they can do or suggest. 🙂 I know he doesn’t NEED rice pudding, but recovering from a stroke is hard physically and mentally and they may try to accommodate his needs (desire).

• Like 5

@lesters I have two ideas.

Apparently rice pudding is served at least once on a cruise. Perhaps there might  be some stored in a refrigerator in the kitchen.If that is the case, maybe you could ask your waiter if some could be served to your father at dessert time.

Not sure about Carnival restaurants, but some land based restaurants use pre-made rice pudding instead of cooking it on premises. 

If that is the case, there may be some stored on the ships.

Also- would your father enjoy creme brûlée as a substitute for rice pudding ?

Wishing you and your family a pleasant vacation.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

What is the ethnicity of rice pudding?  I ask because if it is something enjoyed by the crew, it might be more readily available for the asking…EM

Found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_pudding

After reading this I wouldn't doubt they may have it in the crew's dining area.  I can also tell you - when I used to go to the Catskills in upstate NY many of the hotels there (Concord, Grossingers, Kutchers, etc- all of which are closed.) always had rice pudding as a dessert!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Could you bring some individual Kozy Shack rice pudding in a refrigerated bag if they don't have it?  It's pretty good rice pudding but I'm not sure if you are allowed to bring it on the ship.

I was going to suggest something like this. I don't think it's prohibited. I would chose one that doesn't require refrigeration if possible.