Concierge Class

Just returned from 2 weeks Celebrity to NZ in Concierge. 

Little value as far as i am concerned. 

Cabin was on the arse end of the ship. A long walk to everything. 

"Golf " umbrella was just a small thing. Binoculars never materialised (no drama for us, as we brought our own). "Delectable Delights " were just plain weird. Assortment of random things from the buffet. Delivered around 1.30 to 2.30 pm, so by the time you would want them, when getting ready for dinner in the early evening, the stuff would have been sitting there uncovered and un-chilled in the room. 

"Concierge desk" was pretty useless. Could not even secure dinner reservations. 

"Hand-held hair dryer" had all the power of an elderly smoker breathing at you. 

The only two nice things were a wine tasting/lecture (in the MORNING!!🤷🏻‍♂️) and a helicopter deck sail-away from one port.

"Enhanced " breakfast menu?

I found nothing that was remotely enhanced and out of the ordinary. Is there only cold stuff on the "regular " menu?

We ordered only once. Half the stuff was missed and tea water was of tepid temperature. "Premium" orange juice from concentrate. 🙊🙉🙈

20230123_141134.jpg

20230123_141119.jpg

Edited by buchhalm
Photo attached

6 hours ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Is Concierge Class worth the extra on Celebrity. On Solstice I didn’t think so, but not sure now. 
thoughts would be appreciated.

Depends on the price difference. The only time we had it we needed to book concierge to get the location we wanted and actually paid $10 less than a balcony, so certainly worth it for us that time.

But I wouldn’t pay much extra over a standard balcony in the same location.

• Like 1

Did Concierge Class on Celebrity Solstice to NZ some years ago, balcony cabin just behnd the bridge,  nice ship but Concierge was a waste of money in my view.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Did Concierge Class on Celebrity Solstice to NZ some years ago, balcony cabin just behnd the bridge,  nice ship but Concierge was a waste of money in my view.

It was only $20 each more so all good, but totally agree any more and wouldn’t pay.

• Like 2

Agree Concierge doesn't look like the extras are worth it unless the difference in cost with the balcony is small. Aqua class is different though as they have their own restaurant. Haven't done concierge - usually AQ or Suite in the past though SIL and her son had a concierge next to our cabin on one cruise and our butler would sling them a few extras like priority tender etc which was lovely for them.

Agree. We did Concierge Class on a 14 day Auckland to Sydney a few years ago now. The only thing I think of benefit was that the cabin position was excellent. Was a birthday cruise for me and my wife, not telling me, booked a birthday cake in the main dinning room for dinner that night. They forgot. When she called down to ask what happened within 90mins a cake arrived at our cabin with 3 stewards singing happy birthday and a nice bottle of Champaign as an apology. Then our cabin attendant decorated our door with lovely happy birthday stuff. Then guest services sent up a good bottle of Red. Couldn't have been happier. We shared all this stuff with our cabin neighbors who were just the best and we still keep in contact! This is why we still do keep going back to Celebrity.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2023 at 8:17 AM, resordanis said:

Hi all,

Is Concierge Class worth the extra on Celebrity. On Solstice I didn’t think so, but not sure now. 
thoughts would be appreciated.

I’m happy for you that you got such a great deal!  I had a Concierge cabin only once, on Celebrity Summit (Solstice Class). The cabin was on the pool deck, which was great for us as we sat in the lounge area there quite often. No noise from the pool area at all though. We also had a massive balcony, which we made good use of. We canceled the nibbles as we were never there for them. However we didn’t pay for Concierge Class, it was an upgrade.  I’d book it again for $20 extra!

• Like 1