Is the Premium liquor package a Premium deal?

Sigyn

I agree about the Decoy. We like Duckhorn, but their Decoy label isn't that great, not worth an upcharge. I read the Premium list for wines and nothing was that appealing. We are huge wine fans, heading to Napa and Sonoma at least once a year, from our home base in Kentucky, and are members of a few wine clubs and have wines shipped to us from Napa Valley and Sonoma. We are particular about what we'll pay an upcharge for, otherwise we're buying wines from Trader Joe's and Costco and are perfectly happy with $16 bottles. If we pay $80 to $100 or more for a bottle from a winery, we want it to be worth it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, njsmom said:

I agree about the Decoy. We like Duckhorn, but their Decoy label isn't that great, not worth an upcharge. I read the Premium list for wines and nothing was that appealing. We are huge wine fans, heading to Napa and Sonoma at least once a year, from our home base in Kentucky, and are members of a few wine clubs and have wines shipped to us from Napa Valley and Sonoma. We are particular about what we'll pay an upcharge for, otherwise we're buying wines from Trader Joe's and Costco and are perfectly happy with $16 bottles. If we pay $80 to $100 or more for a bottle from a winery, we want it to be worth it. 

Duckhorn is a excellent wine we actually brought a bottle of that on our recent Beyond cruise . We also did a Duckhorn wine dinner at Ruth Chris last year. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I won't buy it plus its not even that great IMO.  I prefer to wait for markdowns at end of month where I get some fabulous wines at 20 to 30 off.   Just bought a Stags Leap cab but saving for my Apex TA. 

We always wait for sales , recently Tom Thumb had 30 percent off if you bought a case, I bought two, our Kroger has 25 percent off at least once a month. Stags Leap is another of our favorites, last cruise we brought a bottle ot Stags Leap Artemis , Duckhorn merlot , Berringer knight valley , don’t remember what the 4th was.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, George C said:

We always wait for sales , recently Tom Thumb had 30 percent off if you bought a case, I bought two, our Kroger has 25 percent off at least once a month. Stags Leap is another of our favorites, last cruise we brought a bottle ot Stags Leap Artemis , Duckhorn merlot , Berringer knight valley , don’t remember what the 4th was.

We don't get sales like that in Canada.  That's why I wait for markdowns.  If a product is not moving quickly enough it gets reduced after 4 months to make room for additional stock.  Found some great deals that way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

Duckhorn is a excellent wine we actually brought a bottle of that on our recent Beyond cruise . We also did a Duckhorn wine dinner at Ruth Chris last year. 

Agreed. We have visited the winery, too. It's a lovely experience. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, njsmom said:

Agreed. We have visited the winery, too. It's a lovely experience. 

We did as well and it was one of our favorite winery visits! We got lucky. It was around 100 degrees that day so the place was empty. They were giving us tastes of their $100+ wines. If only I could afford those every day. They were yummy.

• Like 1

We're planning to go on the Celebrity Summit in March  (first timers on Celebrity line but been on Regent  & Silver Sea cruises). 

Does the Premium Beverage package include after dinner liquors delivered to your table?  I'm not sure what is or is not included in Premium Liquor Package or if it's All Inclusive ? Thank you for helping this Celebrity newbie.

22 minutes ago, petlover said:

We're planning to go on the Celebrity Summit in March  (first timers on Celebrity line but been on Regent  & Silver Sea cruises). 

Does the Premium Beverage package include after dinner liquors delivered to your table?  I'm not sure what is or is not included in Premium Liquor Package or if it's All Inclusive ? Thank you for helping this Celebrity newbie.

There's a list of what should be included on Celebrity's web page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

There are typically other liquors available over the package limit; you pay the difference plus a 20% gratuity. 

Don't know about delivered to table. I guess I find that dinner kind of tends to fade away. If you ask for an after dinner drink the first night, they'll probably check from that point on. I think many if not most people grab a drink at one of the bars after dinner.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, petlover said:

Hi 

we have found that if we ask it will be brought to the table, but we usually just have a nice port with our cheeses and then move to a nice bar. Although I have been known to ask for a cognac. You should not have any issues enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:18 PM, petlover said:

Yes, the Premium Package covers any beverage on the Premium Package list.  I am not sure what "after dinner liquors" are would order.  The drinks from the package cannot be shared.  

Here is the list of beverages covered by the package.  Cannot guarantee all are available onboard.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Does the Classic package include the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice at the cafe al baccio 2 in the OVC?

The only juices mentioned as not covered are as follows:

"Disclaimer: Includes alcoholic drinks up to $10. Does not include Smoothies or Aqua Spa Fresh Juice. 15% OFF wines by the bottle."

On 1/26/2023 at 3:42 PM, njsmom said:

Decoy IS a ~$16 bottle though.  $15-20 seems to be the retail per-bottle range they target for the premium package.

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, the Premium Package covers any beverage on the Premium Package list.  I am not sure what "after dinner liquors" are would order.  The drinks from the package cannot be shared.  

Here is the list of beverages covered by the package.  Cannot guarantee all are available onboard.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

Thanks for the link. I hadn’t seen that before.

On 1/28/2023 at 3:48 PM, petlover said:

Sure does! 

On our last cruise on the Apex, I wasn't very good at grabbing a drink before heading to the MDR, after the first night, our waiter had my preferred pre dinner drink ready for me, (we had a set dinning time). It was off the primum list. When dessert came, the waiter had my GF's preferred dessert wine, and my after dinner drink at the table and ready for us at the same time. It was fantastic service. (This is also a good example of one of the staff we tipped extra at the end of the cruise, in our eyes he went above and beyond, remembering our orders and making sure it was ready soon as we say down.)