Power outlets

roadmaster

Guessing this is an old query but with the refits can someone help me with the power outlets now installed.

We are from Australia so one way or another we are needing something different than home.

Interested in the 220v European plug which appears there could be two options.

I don’t believe the USA outlets will run our 240v appliances….not that we would take much but my lovely wife is attached to her hair dryer and accessories knowing full well that one is supplied in the cabin 🙂🙂🤨🤨

Any replies much appreciated.

Not sure they will allow the hair dryer. What you may need are plug adapters. We had those with us when we did an Iceland trip last March.Best thing to do is contact Oceania. They will have the best solutions.

4 hours ago, roadmaster said:

Guessing this is an old query but with the refits can someone help me with the power outlets now installed.

We are from Australia so one way or another we are needing something different than home.

I don’t believe the USA outlets will run our 240v appliances….not that we would take much but my lovely wife is attached to her hair dryer and accessories knowing full well that one is supplied in the cabin 🙂🙂🤨🤨

A very nice hairdryer is provided in your bathroom. You should double check to make sure, hairdryers might be on the list of electrical items that are not allowed to be brought on board.

• Like 1

In May on Sirena there were both 220 and 110 outlets at the desk area.  Not sure about where else (bathroom? think so; bedside? not sure).   And I think there were several USB ports.  Spouse and I never did more than charge 2 phones with USB ports at same time, so I can't tell you how many outlets total there are.  However, I think I saw this question answered in one of the FAQs on O's website, at the bottom of home page.

Don't get me started on the USB -C. Did society really need that? Is there really any benefit.  When we bought our last new car, 3 years ago it has the C plug, so we had to buy a C to lightning plug. The old ones worked fine. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Don't get me started on the USB -C. Did society really need that? Is there really any benefit.  When we bought our last new car, 3 years ago it has the C plug, so we had to buy a C to lightning plug. The old ones worked fine. 

The C standard provided for higher power transfer, faster data transfer, and for those who used USB-B Micro, a plug that did not have to be rotated after you tried to put it in the wrong way.

It was a significant technological advance, worth the change-over.

14 hours ago, roadmaster said:

Most hairdryers sold in the US (just like cell phone chargers et al.) are dual voltage. Check the label on her hairdryer to see the voltage(s). If it’s only 220v, it won’t work in the US outlet.

14 hours ago, roadmaster said:

you probably can bring a round Adapter plug

We have  the 2 prong one for  UK/Europe  wall outlets

Hopefully some  Australians  will answer  you

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Most hairdryers sold in the US (just like cell phone chargers et al.) are dual voltage. Check the label on her hairdryer to see the voltage(s). If it’s only 220v, it won’t work in the US outlet.

No “dual” voltage but most appliances in Australia are labeled 220v - 240v.

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

The C standard provided for higher power transfer, faster data transfer, and for those who used USB-B Micro, a plug that did not have to be rotated after you tried to put it in the wrong way.

It was a significant technological advance, worth the change-over.

Nice to know there’s some benefit other than the companies to sell a new product. 

12 hours ago, ORV said:

Nice to know there’s some benefit other than the companies to sell a new product. 

You might be interested in knowing Europe is mandating USB-C as a standard.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/usb-c-universal-law-receives-final-approval-in-eu/#:~:text=USB-C will become the standard in the EU.&text=The law to make USB,charging cable across the EU.