New Zealand Explorer cruise perspective

Irishgael

As our experience with Regent on our January 12th cruise to New Zealand and Australia unfolded we tried to remain positive but Regent's lack of execution and candor was very disappointing.  We have a future cruise on Regent and our seriously considering cancellation.

A daily perspective:

1/12 - Boarded in Auckland with no indication of problems

1/13 - In Constellation theatre ready for excursions to Bay of Islands. Announcement over intercom that Bay of Islands is cancelled due to not meeting New Zealand's standards. Letter in suite offering $250PP ship board credit

1/14 - Allowed to port in Tauranga to refuel. Allowed to proceed to booked excursions but told to truncate times to return to boat by 3:00pm. Departure not til 5:00pm

1/14 - Announcement that Napier is also now cancelled. Letter in suite offering $250PP refundable credit. Told that after additional cleaning Regent will try and make majority of New Zealand ports. Conspicuously absent is any mention of New Zealand's Sounds.

1/16 - Unplanned stop in Gisborne. A complete waste of time. No excursions available. Not a suitable destination site.

1/17 - Revised itinerary announced. As suspected Sounds have been eliminated. Timaru has been addded. No explanations why Burnie has been eliminated. A letter is in suite offering 30% FCC ( cruise fare only) on future cruise booking. No one in Destination Services or Reception can explain how to calculate FCC or if it can be used on already booked cruise. Mysteriously first ship board credit is now reflected as refundable. No announcement made. Many passengers still believe first credit is nonrefundable. 

1/19 - Timaru has been added. Also a complete waste of time. Not a suitable destination site.

1/20 - Taeri Gorge paid excursion. Very disappointing. Information from Destination Services on excursion is very inaccurate. Return to suite 50% refund offered without being asked to all participants. Reflective of disappointing delivery.

1/22 - Missed timing to Melbourne docking, instead of arriving at 10:00 AM, arrived at 5:00 PM. Many passengers had planned excursions to the Australian Open. Ticket costs were lost. Port of Geelong was eliminated.

1/22 - A letter is in suite offering 25% refund ( cruise fare only).  

Recap

We traveled half way around the world at a very expensive price (both air and cruise) for the following:

1)  Miss four of our scheduled nine ports,

2)  Missed cruising through the Sounds

3)  Substituted two extremely poor and unprepared destinations

4)  Truncated our tour at one location

5)  Missed considerably our target time to Melbourne

6)  Have an offer of compensation that no one can definitively calculate. Our travel agent has been in contact with Regent with no definitive answers as to amounts and FCC qualifications

7) Regent"s overall piecemeal communication was flawed and unfortunately, very disingenuous. Regent boarded us when they knew they had issues with the local authorities. The captain's and Regent's cruise leadership tone was overall dismissive of their failed service delivery. Regent's "not my fault"attitude reflects how we as customer's were not Regent's primary concern.  We were one of many passengers (approximately 33%)  who signed a petition asking Regent to accept more responsibility for flawed delivery of service. Regent now has two back to back failed cruises to New Zealand and Australia.  A monetary compensation does not make up for the many lifetime experiences that were ultimately lost. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Irishgael said:

As our experience with Regent on our January 12th cruise to New Zealand and Australia unfolded we tried to remain positive but Regent's lack of execution and candor was very disappointing.  We have a future cruise on Regent and our seriously considering cancellation.

A daily perspective:

1/12 - Boarded in Auckland with no indication of problems

1/13 - In Constellation theatre ready for excursions to Bay of Islands. Announcement over intercom that Bay of Islands is cancelled due to not meeting New Zealand's standards. Letter in suite offering $250PP ship board credit

1/14 - Allowed to port in Tauranga to refuel. Allowed to proceed to booked excursions but told to truncate times to return to boat by 3:00pm. Departure not til 5:00pm

1/14 - Announcement that Napier is also now cancelled. Letter in suite offering $250PP refundable credit. Told that after additional cleaning Regent will try and make majority of New Zealand ports. Conspicuously absent is any mention of New Zealand's Sounds.

1/16 - Unplanned stop in Gisborne. A complete waste of time. No excursions available. Not a suitable destination site.

1/17 - Revised itinerary announced. As suspected Sounds have been eliminated. Timaru has been addded. No explanations why Burnie has been eliminated. A letter is in suite offering 30% FCC ( cruise fare only) on future cruise booking. No one in Destination Services or Reception can explain how to calculate FCC or if it can be used on already booked cruise. Mysteriously first ship board credit is now reflected as refundable. No announcement made. Many passengers still believe first credit is nonrefundable. 

1/19 - Timaru has been added. Also a complete waste of time. Not a suitable destination site.

1/20 - Taeri Gorge paid excursion. Very disappointing. Information from Destination Services on excursion is very inaccurate. Return to suite 50% refund offered without being asked to all participants. Reflective of disappointing delivery.

1/22 - Missed timing to Melbourne docking, instead of arriving at 10:00 AM, arrived at 5:00 PM. Many passengers had planned excursions to the Australian Open. Ticket costs were lost. Port of Geelong was eliminated.

1/22 - A letter is in suite offering 25% refund ( cruise fare only).  

Recap

We traveled half way around the world at a very expensive price (both air and cruise) for the following:

1)  Miss four of our scheduled nine ports,

2)  Missed cruising through the Sounds

3)  Substituted two extremely poor and unprepared destinations

4)  Truncated our tour at one location

5)  Missed considerably our target time to Melbourne

6)  Have an offer of compensation that no one can definitively calculate. Our travel agent has been in contact with Regent with no definitive answers as to amounts and FCC qualifications

7) Regent"s overall piecemeal communication was flawed and unfortunately, very disingenuous. Regent boarded us when they knew they had issues with the local authorities. The captain's and Regent's cruise leadership tone was overall dismissive of their failed service delivery. Regent's "not my fault"attitude reflects how we as customer's were not Regent's primary concern.  We were one of many passengers (approximately 33%)  who signed a petition asking Regent to accept more responsibility for flawed delivery of service. Regent now has two back to back failed cruises to New Zealand and Australia.  A monetary compensation does not make up for the many lifetime experiences that were ultimately lost. 

FORGOT another missed port Tasmania - We lost ocean road (geelong), Tasmania, bay of islands, Napier and the sounds,  All some of the most scenic ports.  And total agree Gisborne and Timaru were a joke!  I am very angry about tasmania and geelong.  This was a total bust and should have been refunded 100% considering the airfare $7000 people wasted to see 4 ports.

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 2

Regent really dropped the ball on this one and although I know that “stuff” happens, it seems to me that they knew the rules and for whatever reason they couldn’t/wouldn’t comply with them. Regent should have refunded every Regent penny spent by their customers for not delivering the product that was advertised. It’s easy for a company to advertise great customer service and take money for their product or service and make customers happy when things go well. When things don’t go well, and in this case they went incredibly bad, you get to see their true colors and get to see what their true feelings are about customer service. Some companies still do excel at taking care of their customers when things go bad and unfortunately many more talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Good luck with your efforts to get Regent to do what they should do. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irishgael said:

A monetary compensation does not make up for the many lifetime experiences that were ultimately lost. 

Well said.  IMO this is a very disappointing performance by Regent  I would think at least 100% reimbursement for the cruise is in order, the chances of getting airfare I would bet is slim to none.

• Like 1

Yikes. That really does sound super disappointing. We missed a port and had a port change during our Med cruise in 2018 (and a few people were REALLY upset) which I took in stride (although I still mourn the opportunity to see Pompeii) but missing that much of such a long, expensive trip, would be really tough to swallow.

I hope Regent makes it right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, slidebite said:

Yikes. That really does sound super disappointing. We missed a port and had a port change during our Med cruise in 2018 (and a few people were REALLY upset) which I took in stride (although I still mourn the opportunity to see Pompeii) but missing that much of such a long, expensive trip, would be really tough to swallow.

I hope Regent makes it right.

we also missed a port due to tendering in high waves and wind - I get that and you go with the flow, another port was changed due to holidays in Belfast - they added another day in Killybegs - not the best choice would have rather had Dublin overnight.  But neither was a deal breaker - missing all these ports in NZ and Australia was. a complete bust and regent should step up., like they did the last cruise.  At a minimum they should offer the balance of the 100% as a FCC.  

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I would think at least 100% reimbursement for the cruise is in order,

Sounds like they made 50% of the ports. Why would that constitute 100% refund?  I get that missing ports is majorly disappointing, we did NYC to Southampton in June/July and missed both Greenland ports, one of the reasons we booked the cruise. But they substituted 2 other ports, so no refund.  No problem, didn't expect any.  When you take a cruise you need to understand you may miss ports for lots of reasons.  If the ONLY reason you book a cruise is to see a specific port, then I suggest you do a land tour instead.  

Also, "interest" in a certain port is in the eyes of the beholder.  Just because I find a port boring, doesn't mean you will.  Seems the OBC and 30% refund offered is pretty fair. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Sounds like they made 50% of the ports. Why would that constitute 100% refund?  I get that missing ports is majorly disappointing, we did NYC to Southampton in June/July and missed both Greenland ports, one of the reasons we booked the cruise. But they substituted 2 other ports, so no refund.  No problem, didn't expect any.  When you take a cruise you need to understand you may miss ports for lots of reasons.  If the ONLY reason you book a cruise is to see a specific port, then I suggest you do a land tour instead.  

Also, "interest" in a certain port is in the eyes of the beholder.  Just because I find a port boring, doesn't mean you will.  Seems the OBC and 30% refund offered is pretty fair. 

Is there anything Regent can do that you will say was wrong?  Get real. IMO Regent completely botched these Aus/NZ cruises and should have been transparent with people.  Prior to the cruise people should have had all the information and ability to cancel with full refund.   So yes for the way they handled the situation these people deserve a full refund IMO.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Is there anything Regent can do that you will say was wrong?  Get real. IMO Regent completely botched these Aus/NZ cruises and should have been transparent with people.  Prior to the cruise people should have had all the information and ability to cancel with full refund.   So yes for the way they handled the situation these people deserve a full refund IMO.

I won't argue with you, nor take the snarky bait you're throwing out other than to say that according to the contract YOU agreed to, they can change the itinerary any way they want with no obligation to you.  Thus I feel they are being fair with their offer. 

Forest-Gump-Pic.jpg

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ports get cancelled for a variety of reasons outside of Regent control such as weather. In this case, Regent knew the rules and failed to comply with them. I think they need to refund the entire cost of the trip because in a way they duped their customers.

Regent Seven Seas Explorer cruise from Auckland to Sydney, January 12-January 26 2023, ran afoul of the biofoul mess. As a dissatified customer, it is obvious that Regent knew the preceeding cruise had run into multiple days of hull-cleaning time and trouble and that there was a distinct possibility that the trouble was not definitively addressed on a ship the size of the Explorer during the previous days. My husband, best friends and I traveled nearly 10,000 miles to board a cruise that then floated maddeningly offshore from New Zealand for several days and was then denied entry into the fiords, even after “cleaning”. Along with the three fiord locations, we missed highlights/ports which Regent had showcased in their descriptions of our cruise. No Napier, Bay of Islands, Burnie Tasmania or Geelong. We had no desire to call on, nor was there anything planned to see in Timaru, to which we tendered and which was substituted at the last moment, nor Gisbourne, another last minute addition. We also missed one day in Melbourne, undoubtedly due to some of this, where we had independently purchased (and subsequently forfeited) Australian Open tix. Hundreds of passengers, through a petition, asked for Regent to compensate them for something which was not the passenger's fault and which the cruise line was all too well aware. So far, we have been offered a small amount for what was to be an unforgettable cruise of a lifetime but instead turned into something unforgettable for a wholly different reason. Very sad that Regent has taken this customer-unfriendly position.

https://maritime-executive.com/article/fourth-cruise-hit-with-biofouling-as-new-zealand-and-industry-meet

Regent told passengers the problem was fixed pre-cruise!  Right there they we wrong and should have offered passengers the option to board or not to with full refund.  In addition to only making 4 ports on the itinerary plus Melbourne.  Cruises are supposed to be stress free and relaxing.  This was not as we didn't know what was happening from one day to the next and left in limbo.  First world problems but also with a first would price.  That alone was not in line with "The Regent Experience."   

• Like 1

Other cruise lines have been adversely affected by these new tough hull cleaning requirements by New Zealand. Even though the cruise lines have utilised recommended contractors by NZ to complete the hull cleaning job. Unfortunately the standards have not been acceptable. 
I don’t think it’s totally the cruise lines making or fault. There are limited ports and  facilities that cruise ships can change to in this part of the world.

The cruise lines are still bleeding money including Regent.  The compensations of the past will not happen.  As for the NZ scenario, that happened to several vessels.  Seems the problem might lie with the NZ officials and their approach.  Sad that so many vendors in NZ lost so much revenue while struggling to survive after the pandemic.  

Edited by SkystheLimit
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 4:13 AM, papaflamingo said:

As someone who was on this cruise, I will throw in my two cents.  First of all, I was really disappointed that we could not go through the Milford Sound.  And like others have said, Regent never communicated why the stop in Tasmania was missed (bad on Regent).  

But something I have not seen are any comments on the actual shipboard experience on this cruise.  Having cruised both pre and post-COVID on Regent, I thought the service on this voyage was excellent, what I would expect from Regent.  Our cabin steward and his assistant (is this something new?  I don't remember having two people assigned to a cabin before) and butler were simply flawless.  I also thought the service in La Veranda and the specialty restaurants were very good, again on par with any previous Regent cruise I have taken.  I will say that I found the service in Compass Rose to at times be a bit slow (and for one breakfast (the caviar one), rather chaotic but from what the head waiter said to me, they were still having some staffing shortages and it seemed to affect Compass Rose more than the other restaurants.

The food was also what I remember from other Regent cruises (overall very good!)  Pacific Rim remains my favorite restaurant.  The absolute best thing I ate was porchetta served at lunch in La Veranda.  (It is basically crispy pork skin rolled around pork fat but my goodness, it was addictive!)  I still have real issues with the steak served on Regent (I seriously doubt that the "prime" steaks in Prime7  are actually prime; I'd pay a supplement for A5 wagyu) and *real* crab meat seemed to be in short supply). 

As far as missed ports, I personally agree with what @papaflamingo said in that getting on a bus for a two-three hour round trip only to see someplace for a couple of hours isn't really my idea of seeing somewhere.  (Having said this, I believe the Milford Sound *was* meant to be seen from a ship, hence my disappointment at missing this). 

Much of the rest of the cruise experience I guess would be left to personal taste.  I personally am not crazy about the entertainment on Regent (I am 68 years old but it seems like the target demographic is maybe ten years older (?...)  I think the culinary kitchen is really fun and well worth the expense.  The backstage theater tour was most interesting.  And oh yeah, the wifi is for the most part still awful/unusable.

Do I want a 100% refund for this cruise?  No.  (I saw in another post that 30% of people on board signed a petition asking for a refund.  Does this mean that 70% of the people don't?...)  IMO, the 25% refund + the $500 p/p OBC credits + 30% future cruise cruise = around a 60% discount on this cruise.  Even with all of the missed ports, I still believe that was enough value here.  (My math is saying that I paid around 40% of the original fare for what I got.)

Bottom line is that I am going to say that this cruise was a bit of an anomaly as far as missing so many ports.  (The people on the previous cruise definitely had reason to demand a 100% refund).  The fact that I was on this one (as were many others on this thread) doesn't make things better but at the same time, I still have another Regent cruise booked in October for Tokyo (which I am looking forward to!) so we'll see how this goes...  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

Do I want a 100% refund for this cruise?  No.  (I saw in another post that 30% of people on board signed a petition asking for a refund.  Does this mean that 70% of the people don't?...)  IMO, the 25% refund + the $500 p/p OBC credits + 30% future cruise cruise = around a 60% discount on this cruise.  Even with all of the missed ports, I still believe that was enough value here.  (My math is saying that I paid around 40% of the original fare for what I got.)

I think the percentage the signed the petition was higher.   Some were probably unaware of it.  The refund the offered was about 60% of the cruise fare.  The real cost of the cruise for say a PH b was 12000 PP for the 14 nights plus the 7000 for air so 19000.  If they were refunded 60% of the 12000 it is 7200.  They ended up paying 4800 plus the 7000 air or 11800 (63% of the total cost) still a chunk of change to miss the key ports.    If it were in a lower cost cabin the refunded percent of the total would be less due to the air.   There is where people are having the beef.

That said I agree about the comments compared to our first post covid regent cruise, though I did think the steaks were prime and a bit better than in compass rose but the A5 option would be nice.  The Veal Milanese (aka wiener schnitzel) in Seti was done to perfection.  Entertainment is better but I think they are missing the music many people like to hear.  We have three sea days now due to missed port Moresby and 3 afternoons of scavenger hunts, games, needle point and Q&A sessions just isn't exciting.   By cancelling they port regent saved some 70-100K in included excursions they didn't have to payout so put on an afternoon pool party with some Aussie theme (bee gees, AC/DC, and other Aussie groups) or add a afternoon show to the theater.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:36 PM, SkystheLimit said:

The cruise lines are still bleeding money including Regent.  The compensations of the past will not happen.  As for the NZ scenario, that happened to several vessels.  Seems the problem might lie with the NZ officials and their approach.  Sad that so many vendors in NZ lost so much revenue while struggling to survive after the pandemic.  

I agree a full refund is extremely unlikely (I'd probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery) but are you sure the lines are still bleeding? Last I heard from a couple TAs I chat with is that the bookings have recovered to pre-pandemic levels of 90%+ since late last year as people are desperate to get out and vacation again?

Edited by slidebite

21 minutes ago, slidebite said:

Last I heard from a couple TAs I chat with is that the bookings have recovered to pre-pandemic levels of 90%+ since late last year as people are desperate to get out and vacation again?

True, but the interest on extra borrowing during the pandemic must be eye-watering; and the cost of fuel and most other supplies has risen dramatically

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidebite said:

I agree a full refund is extremely unlikely (I'd probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery) but are you sure the lines are still bleeding? Last I heard from a couple TAs I chat with is that the bookings have recovered to pre-pandemic levels of 90%+ since late last year as people are desperate to get out and vacation again?

Quite a few of these bookings are still FCC.  Our long time travel agent tried to move a booking for us that would have increased their revenue but the cruise line was not budging--it was to a cruise further out.  TA stated that the cruise lines are not at all flexible as they might have been before the pandemic.  The cruise lines with the exception of a couple borrowed heavily and the payments are crippling.  

what more can I say that hasn’t been said.  However one thing missing, is no compensation for airfares or insurance which for my age group is astronomical.

To all those who said that’s part of crusing read the articles properly.  We can all understand that weather and other incidences happen that Regent have no control over.

1. this was negligence on the part of Regent who knew the rules since  .2018.

2. We were NOT given any information and the Captain noticeable by his absence.

no reason given for Burnie or Geelong being cancelled. Gisborne was a joke, dumped on the jetty with nothing organised.

Timaru last minute tours organised, very poor.

I am 87 and struggling with mobility and another cruise was not on our list, however we have booked an 11 day cruise to Japan.  Price reasonable BUT

air fares from Brisbanr astronomical, I cannot fly economy because of my mobility.  Insurance also over $2,000.

we are not being unreasonable and if Regent management had bothered to keep us notified people would have been a lot happier.

there were NO weather incidences so the cancellation of Geelong and Burnie were a mystery to us all,

however Regent isnt listening, so what can we do,

Edited by Douglad98
Mistakes in spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is pitiful come sail with us on cruises that aren't selling as compensation for our mistake.  I wonder what marketing genius thought this up.

How it appears to me: regent admitted the messed up and they want to offer you a useless and obsolete prize.

Dear Valued Guest,

We hope that you had a safe and smooth journey home from your recent cruise, and we thank you once again for your patience and understanding following the disruption experienced on your sailing.

Regent Seven Seas Cruise prides itself on delivering unrivaled destination experiences and we are aware that, due to local regulations in New Zealand, this was not what was experienced on this occasion. Therefore, in addition to the compensation already awarded, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to provide you with an exclusive offer of 50% savings* off the voyage fare of the following wonderful sailings.

The savings on these cruises are combinable with any existing valid Future Cruise Credits, including any awarded as compensation on your disrupted sailing.

Ancient Greece & Aegean Turkey

Seven Seas Voyager; April 29, 2023; 9 nights

Venice (Fusina), Italy – Urbino (Ancona), Italy – Kotor, Montenegro – Corfu, Greece – Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey – Istanbul (overnight in port), Turkey – Mykonos, Greece – Athens (Piraeus), Greece

Epic North Pacific Voyage
Seven Seas Explorer; May 5, 2023; 17 nights

Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan – Hitachinaka, Japan – Sendai, Japan – Muroran, Japan – Kushiro, Japan – Dutch Harbor, Alaska – Kodiak, Alaska – Seward, Alaska – Juneau, Alaska – Ketchikan, Alaska – Vancouver, British Colombia

Summer on the Aegean
Seven Seas Mariner; June 11, 2023; 10 nights

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy – Salerno, Italy – Taormina (Sicily) – Corfu, Greece – Argostoli, Greece – Chania (Crete), Greece – Athens (Piraeus, overnight in port), Greece – Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey – Istanbul (overnight in port), Turkey

Spotlight on Faberge

Seven Seas Splendor; June 13, 2023; 10 nights

London (Southampton), England – Kristiansand, Norway – Copenhagen, Denmark – Gothenburg, Sweden – Kiel (overnight in port), Germany – Tallinn, Estonia – Helsinki, Finland – Stockholm, Sweden

Beauty of Bruges & Bustling Berlin
Seven Seas Voyager; July 14, 2023; 14 nights
London (Southampton), England – Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Oslo (overnight in port), Norway – Stockholm (overnight in port), Sweden – Riga, Latvia – Klaipeda, Lithuania – Karlskrona, Sweden – Berlin (Rostock), Germany – Copenhagen (overnight in port), Denmark

North Atlantic Adventure
Seven Seas Voyager; July 28, 2023; 15 nights

Copenhagen, Denmark; Edinburgh (Newhaven), Scotland; Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), Scotland; Torshavn (Faroe Islands), Denmark – Akureyri, Iceland – Isafjordur, Iceland – Nuuk, Greenland – Paamiut – Qaqortoq, Greenland – Reykjavik (overnight in port), Iceland

North Atlantic Exploration
Seven Seas Splendor; August 7, 2023; 16 nights
London (Southampton), England – Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), Scotland – Torshavn (Faroe Islands), Denmark – Nuuk, Greenland – Paamiut, Greenland – Qaqortoq, Greenland – Nanortalik, Greenland – Grundarfjordur, Iceland – Isafjordur, Iceland – Akureyri, Iceland – Reykjavik (overnight in port), Iceland

Revel in Reykjavik
Seven Seas Splendor; August 23, 2023; 8 nights

Reykjavik, Iceland – Grundarfjordur, Iceland – Isafjordur, Iceland – Akureyri, Iceland – Seydisfjordur, Iceland – Runavik (Faroe Islands), Denmark – Heimaey, Iceland – Reykjavik, Iceland

Summer in Scandinavia
Seven Seas Splendor; August 31, 2023; 12 nights
Reykjavik, Iceland – Isafjordur, Iceland – Husavik, Iceland – Trondheim, Norway – Alesund, Norway – Skjolden, Norway – Stavanger, Norway – Arendal, Norway – Oslo (overnight in port), Norway – Lysekil, Sweden – Copenhagen, Denmark

Isles of the Gods
Seven Seas Voyager; October 25, 2023; 10 nights

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy – Naples, Italy – Trapani (Sicily), Italy – Valletta, Malta – Argostoli, Greece – Gythion, Greece – Athens (Piraeus, overnight in port), Greece – Mytilini (Lesbos), Greece – Istanbul (overnight in port), Turkey

Aegean Shores & A Touch of Italy

Seven Seas Voyager; November 4, 2023; 14 nights

Istanbul, Turkey – Kavala/Philippi, Greece – Thessaloniki, Greece – Pergamum (Dikili), Turkey – Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey – Chania (Crete), Greece – La Goulette, Tunisia – Cagliari (Sardinia), Italy – Ajaccio (Corsica), France – Tuscany (Livorno), Italy – Genoa, Italy – Provence (Marseille), France – Mahon (Menorca), Spain – Barcelona, Spain

Mighty Mount Fuji to Thai Beauty

Seven Seas Explorer; November 11, 2023; 14 nights
Tokyo, Japan – Shimizu, Japan – Kyoto (Kobe), Japan – Kochi, Japan – Okinawa (Naha), Japan – Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan – Nha Trang, Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City (overnight in port), Vietnam – Bangkok (Laem Chabang, overnight in port), Thailand

If you would like to take advantage of this exclusive offer, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservations Department at the phone numbers below by April 27, 2023, referencing “Exclusive Return to Regent Offer”.

On behalf of our entire Regent Family, we want to express our sincere thanks and appreciation for your continued
patronage and loyalty, and we hope to welcome you onboard very soon.

Rather have to agree with you.  I guess they think we are all just able to hop on a cruise whenever.  Some folks may be able to do that,  but we have lots of plans for this year already and these cruises overlap or are places we have been a few times.  

If I could take my mom or a friend,  and we could use the 50% for both of us, it could be entertaining, but I bet it needs to be my husband And I.  

Regent is just wrong. They knew the Explorer wasn’t meeting the strict NZ environmental regulations. That is Regent’s responsibility, not ours. They took their chances on fixing their problem with a capacity load of passengers embarking from Auckland in January 12. They were not able to comply again, and again not the passengers responsibility, for one, two, three days, refueling stop, four days, and on and on. Domino effect, port after port, from New Zealand to Australia, they failed. We paid to see fantastic portions of the world and definitely did not. We never would have lifted off from our home base if Regent had done the right thing and admitted their continuing non-compliance. Regent knew they did not comply and are getting away with it and with our money. 

Edited by Glauriebee