Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

Rusty's turned out to be a busy... I'm deducting fifty points from everyone who suggested it... At least I have something in my belly now, though. I got the grouper sandwich with fries, but what I really want is some stone crabs. I stopped by Seafood Atlantic but they didn't have a single one...

Something tells me I may end up back at the hotel room with a six pack of beer...

PXL_20230204_201101594.thumb.jpg.4130229e1036315911b098836bca971b.jpg

PXL_20230204_201106381.thumb.jpg.6a2e9de29799cf453461bc41529ee08b.jpg

PXL_20230204_202926575.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 9

55 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Official first drink. The worst margarita I've ever had, but at least it was only six bucks... Oh, by the way, I'm at Rusty's.

PXL_20230204_195851836.jpg

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Rusty's turned out to be a busy... I'm deducting fifty points from everyone who suggested it... At least I have something in my belly now, though. I got the grouper sandwich with fries, but what I really want is some stone crabs. I stopped by Seafood Atlantic but they didn't have a single one...

Something tells me I may end up back at the hotel room with a six pack of beer...

PXL_20230204_201101594.thumb.jpg.4130229e1036315911b098836bca971b.jpg

PXL_20230204_201106381.thumb.jpg.6a2e9de29799cf453461bc41529ee08b.jpg

PXL_20230204_202926575.jpg

Not gonna lie, I’ve definitely done that at Port Canaveral. One time, I ended up at the hotel room with a White Claw 40. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

There are a couple of restaurants right at the pier (Rusty's, Fishlips, Gators). If you can get a seat on an outside deck this afternoon you can watch all the ships leaving port.Great views!

Grills is better than all of those

yeah!  I didn’t lose fifty points. Lol

Edited by purpleally
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It took me two beers just to get this page to load... I ended up stopping by Racetrack and getting a six pack. I'm going to try and find something better to eat for dinner, but I'm officially declaring port Canaveral to be rubbish. I can see the Italian restaurant Saint Greg mentioned out my window, so maybe I'll give that a try. Until then I'm just going to relax here and watch TV while drinking a few brews... The most interesting thing I've seen down here so far is a Carnival ship missing half of it's whale tail.

PXL_20230204_211151243.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 20

We stay at Cocoa Beach for cruises departing from Port Canaveral.  There was a restaurant at the Cocoa Beach pier that had delicious lobster rolls.  I can’t find the name of the restaurant. The service wasn’t great but the lobster rolls were good and the view was also nice as it was oceanfront.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It took me two beers just to get this page to load... I ended up stopping by Racetrack and getting a six pack. I'm going to try and find something better to eat for dinner, but I'm officially declaring port Canaveral to be rubbish. I can see the Italian restaurant Saint Greg mentioned out my window, so maybe I'll give that a try. Until then I'm just going to relax here and watch TV while drinking a few brews... The most interesting thing I've seen down here so far is a Carnival ship missing half of it's whale tail.

PXL_20230204_211151243.jpg

Should have listened to me, you went to the wrong place. This is a great small town. We moved to the beach from Orlando to get away from city life. We have several local places we really like but probably not your style.

• Like 2

I took a walk down in the other direction to see if anything looked good down that way. I ended up back near the hotel at Kelsey's Pizza. Getting one to go and then back to the hotel room. I'm going to eat, drink the rest of the beer, and probably call it an early night. Honestly, if the McRib was around right now I would be satisfied with that. Just get me on board the Prima and hopefully things will improve.

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

Probably as good as my evening is going to get... I've got three beers left, and if I need anything else there's a hotel bar downstairs. Hopefully the Cruise God's will shine upon me tomorrow... There's really nowhere to go but up from here.

PXL_20230204_222659414.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2023 at 3:22 PM, sid_9169 said:

Honestly, Port Canaveral is one of my least favorite places to sail from. No great bars or restaurants to visit prior to cruising, but I’ll try to find something decent to do for one afternoon / evening. 

hey Sid try booking a hotel in Cocoa Beach, lots more shops, restaurants, and a fun bar out on the Cocoa Beach Pier.  I usually stay at the Best Western right near the pier.  Not fancy, but clean and beach access right out their parking lot.  Sunrise on the beach...ah, vacation has started...😊  Then its just a quick Uber ride to the ship.  

https://www.cocoabeachpier.com/dining/rikki-tiki-tavern/

IMG_1841.JPEG

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Probably as good as my evening is going to get... I've got three beers left, and if I need anything else there's a hotel bar downstairs. Hopefully the Cruise God's will shine upon me tomorrow... There's really nowhere to go but up from here.

PXL_20230204_222659414.jpg

It does look good tho...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just an FYI... If there's ever another new ship that sails from Port Canaveral I vow not to be on it until it moves to a new home port. This place both sucks AND blows at the same time...

Yes it does! NCL mostly, I believe, sails out of Miami. Not sure why they chose PC for Prima.

Agree with you about PC...😒

• Like 1

The beer is gone, and I'm not too far away from bedtime. Yes, I know it's not even seven o'clock yet, but I'd like to at least get a good night's sleep before what will likely prove to be a long day tomorrow. As far as port Canaveral as an embarkation port? I'll avoid it like the plague from here on out...

• Like 11