New 30-minute pool lounger save policy instituted on the Splendor

-Lew-

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If it was a Corporate decision, it should have already been implemented across the board. Has anyone noticed it on other ships?

The Food and Beverage Officer on Splendor told me the policy could not be implemented only on that ship, it had to be fleet-wide.  As of February 1st it is a fleet-wide policy.

My suggestion for those on other ships would be to contact the Food and Beverage Officer onboard and bring the policy to his attention.  If that doesn't work an email campaign may be in order.

7 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

The Food and Beverage Officer on Splendor told me the policy could not be implemented only on that ship, it had to be fleet-wide.  As of February 1st it is a fleet-wide policy.

My suggestion for those on other ships would be to contact the Food and Beverage Officer onboard and bring the policy to his attention.  If that doesn't work an email campaign may be in order.

He is now on vacation as of a couple weeks ago.

Lew:  

Your #126 Post is a good game plan.  My plan--without "going overboard" on this aspect of our upcoming B/t/B Navigator segments--is making an initial recon of the Pool Deck.  Will look for a Stand-up Poster providing protocols to lounge chair occupants.  Will also check "Passages" for an entry on this matter.  

Then, being proactive, have that chat with the Food and Beverage Officer. Will be instructive as to whether the initial Captain's Noon update and Cruise Director remarks piped over the PA system convey a reference to expected Pool Deck chair conduct. 

GOARMY!

3 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Will be instructive as to whether the initial Captain's Noon update and Cruise Director remarks piped over the PA system convey a reference to expected Pool Deck chair conduct. 

Although there was a notice of the policy everyday in the daily publication, there was never an announcement over the PA or on the CD's TV show on channel 1.

6 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Although there was a notice of the policy everyday in the daily publication, there was never an announcement over the PA or on the CD's TV show on channel 1.

I have never seen them actively enforce it on any ship...I have heard they started too on Splendor but never paid that much attention to other posts on the subject. Now i am interested to see if it actually is being enforced across all the ships.

• Like 1

I hope so. It's a bit like the parking restrictions in the UK. You can park for 60 minutes, 90 minutes etc but if you go over you get a ticket (fine) from a traffic warden. Whilst

many are vey uncomplimentary about traffic wardens, I think they do a good job and make sure parking spaces become available throughout the day. Maybe Regent need to employ one for each ship 😂😂

image.jpeg.cf3cc87d48d234b29e28b673c7f955dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.493c70dd146dceee51fb24fedcb1016d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I might get flamed for this BUT....if I see some towels strewn across some chairs (as in the photo, for example) for a period of time I have no problem moving one such towel and putting it on an adjacent lounger with a similar towel layout.  If someone later comes by and says anything.....I KNOW NOTHING, I SEE NOTHING (aka Schultz on Hogan's Heroes).  Seriously I just play dumb.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Maybe Regent need to employ one for each ship

I might consider coming out of retirement for this role….…….

……I’ve got very thick skin 🦏 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I have never seen them actively enforce it on any ship...I have heard they started too on Splendor but never paid that much attention to other posts on the subject. Now i am interested to see if it actually is being enforced across all the ships.

While I saw a lot of "reserved" loungers on my recent Splendor cruise - I also saw a lot of belongings from "lounge violators" placed on a table by the pool bar.  Seemed to me that it was being enforced.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, carolina cruisin said:

While I saw a lot of "reserved" loungers on my recent Splendor cruise - I also saw a lot of belongings from "lounge violators" placed on a table by the pool bar.  Seemed to me that it was being enforced.

But only on Splendor it seems...?

54 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

But only on Splendor it seems...?

If true, I'd be proactive before embarkation by contacting Regent via email or phone to express my concern and relate the Splendor story.

Once onboard I would check the area near the pool bar for the posted lounger policy.  Follow up with the Food and Beverage Officer or the ship's General Manager of you have concerns.  This is what we did on Splendor; you can do this too to get the policy enforced for the benefit of all.

2 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

If true, I'd be proactive before embarkation by contacting Regent via email or phone to express my concern and relate the Splendor story.

Once onboard I would check the area near the pool bar for the posted lounger policy.  Follow up with the Food and Beverage Officer or the ship's General Manager of you have concerns.  This is what we did on Splendor; you can do this too to get the policy enforced for the benefit of all.

I don't sit in the shade so it doesn't effect me personally but I still think it should stop. I doubt it will unless corporate tells the GM's to enforce. I will ask if they changed the policy.

Pcardad: Should someone on Regent's management Team follow CC Threads--

And, my guess is Jennefer Teegen, Director of Guest Experience and Loyalty, would figure somewhere in this mix:  Cannot believe your inquiry as to Fleet-wide (Regent vessels) implementation of a consistent Lounge Chair protocol--or lack of a uniform policy--would come as a big surprise. 

I will follow Lew's proactive approach outlined above before boarding Navigator in May. 

Awaiting the response you receive on what has been a consistent pattern of boorish passenger conduct for a significant period of time.

GOARMY!

To me it’s very obvious it should be enforced fleetwide…like dress code.

If you give your teenagers a curfew time and they routinely come in 2 hours late and you do nothing…..well the rule is worthless and misbehaving will continue.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I don't sit in the shade so it doesn't effect me personally but I still think it should stop. I doubt it will unless corporate tells the GM's to enforce. I will ask if they changed the policy.

The issue is not limited to the double loungers in the shade.  Single loungers in shade and sun were also being reserved in the same manner.

Pcardad:  Based on "Corporate's" conveying that enforcement will be enforced on all ships--

Parroting Yul Brenner's Ramses II character in Cecil B. DeMille's bloviated script, and then performed in cringing manner by all, including Charleton Heston as Moses, in the 'mid '50s Hollywood blockbuster

"TEN COMMANDMENTS"

-----------

"Let it be written.  Let it be done!"  

GOARMY (no exclamation point)

On 2/4/2023 at 7:05 AM, bitob said:

Policy schmolicy

It will only work if the pool staff actually follows the policy and removes items from the chairs.

We all know how reluctant the staff is to offend a guest.

And do they really have time to keep track of 30 minutes for every chair?

Reminds me of the old days when the traffic people would mark your tires to see if you overstayed your welcome in the your parking spot.

I am pessimistic.

Good intentions but I doubt it will work

Silversea is worse when it comes to chair hogs but that's because there are fewer places with shade on SS ships.

A hotel we stayed at in Hawaii 

On 2/4/2023 at 7:05 AM, bitob said:

Policy schmolicy

It will only work if the pool staff actually follows the policy and removes items from the chairs.

We all know how reluctant the staff is to offend a guest.

And do they really have time to keep track of 30 minutes for every chair?

Reminds me of the old days when the traffic people would mark your tires to see if you overstayed your welcome in the your parking spot.

I am pessimistic.

Good intentions but I doubt it will work

Silversea is worse when it comes to chair hogs but that's because there are fewer places with shade on SS ships.

A hotel we stayed at in Hawaii had the lifeguards hang a tag on unoccupied chairs with the time. If nobody had returned within an hour they removed their belongings to behind their counter.
They could also use the roving waiters for that purpose.

• Like 1

Reading through these comments, it feels sad that some people just need to do things like reserve chairs or be first in line for something and just have no consideration for others. It is a selfish act. I applaud Regent for taking action but it is sad and disheartening that it requires any action other than people being kind and courteous. I hope those folks who practice chair hogging, read these boards and take a look in the mirror and realize how selfish they are and decide to make an change.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Reading through these comments, it feels sad that some people just need to do things like reserve chairs or be first in line for something and just have no consideration for others. It is a selfish act. I applaud Regent for taking action but it is sad and disheartening that it requires any action other than people being kind and courteous. I hope those folks who practice chair hogging, read these boards and take a look in the mirror and realize how selfish they are and decide to make an change.

I agree... I don't get why some people feel entitled and that the rules don't apply to them.  If everyone simply acted in a considerate manner we'd be in a lot better shape.  It's easy... simply follow the rules and act like a mature adult and... no problem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

If I've observed chair hogs using only a towel strewn on the chair, I have been known to grab a few towels on my way out...then put them in the hamper. I just consider them forgotten by the non occupant when they left.  lol

Sometimes I just "move" some towels strewn amongst a few chairs to just one chair, freeing up the seats for others to use.  As Sgt Schultz said, "I know NOTHING, I see NOTHING."  🙂

• Like 2