New website.

Riocca

1 hour ago, kent4489 said:

No, I just gave them the initial payment date. The insurance I used had to be booked within 10 days of initial deposit to cover pre existing conditions. I suppose if the need arises, I can submit my credit card statement to show the date I made initial deposit. Still, I do not have exact paperwork to show that these cruises are what that charge is for. I have to admit, I was stupid for paying a deposit without any back up paper support. But, who knew this “migration” would turn into such a disaster. Our bad luck that we booked at the most terrible time. This is why I went off last week about every one saying, no problem, all is good when you get on board. All these people made final payment before this huge failure. And others coming up were maybe booked after the transition so didn’t have my issue of booking one cruise in RccL and one in Azamara and now it is a huge mess. I know, I’m bi!ching and moaning, but I trusted Azamara to have this sorted out before I had to make final payment. Because of our bad timing, I’m hugely critical of this failure on Azamara’s part. No matter what, this should have been in a better place by now. As I said before, if I could fight for myself in this matter, I would have been on the phone for 8 hours if I had to, getting some straight answers. I can’t expect a TA who has other clients to deal with this like I would have done on my own behalf. But, as Azamara let me know the other day, they can’t discuss financials with me, only the TA. 
Again, so sorry that I’m ranting, but I’m so angry at this point. Maybe I should have put my foot down early on, but when Azamara keeps saying every two weeks that everything is getting sorted, you kind of want to believe it. That and feeling like others here are being critical of you, makes you feel like you just need to wait and everything will work out like it did for them. Well, I’m at final payment and it hasn’t worked out for me!

I'm worried. I booked the cruise on 5/24 but, due to website/customer service problems, it took me several tries to get the Allianz insurance added. I finally got it done on 6/20. My husband has a pre-existing health problem. I really hope he doesn't have any trouble.

6 minutes ago, CMATraveller said:

I'm worried. I booked the cruise on 5/24 but, due to website/customer service problems, it took me several tries to get the Allianz insurance added. I finally got it done on 6/20. My husband has a pre-existing health problem. I really hope he doesn't have any trouble.

I don’t want to alarm you, but certainly you need to check on this. Ours was 10 days from initial deposit to cover pre existing. I did not use Allianz, so you may be ok.

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Some Allianz policies waive pre-existing right up to final payment.

I just checked my notification from Allianz. It has an effective date 2 days after my booking date. Whew!

• Like 3

Waited until July to query missing points after being informed it should be fixed in June ( didn’t say which year though!). Waiting for these as it will give change in loyalty level and free nights on next cruise. But nowhere on website does it say how to redeem these nights. Will argue that the debacle should extend the 12 months from when points awarded not from date of last cruise.

Edited by killaypirate

1 minute ago, killaypirate said:

Waited until July to query missing points after being informed it should be fixed in June ( didn’t say which year though!). Waiting for these as it will give change in loyalty level and free nights on next cruise. But nowhere on website does it say how to redeem these nights. Will argue that the debacle should extend the 12 months from when points awarded not from date of last cruise.

To use the free nights you are you travel agent have to call Azamara to get pricing it’s not a simple case of a percentage off an advertised price.  It’s three nights reduced from the rate at is Azamara‘s highest rate so not so advantageous as you might think. Having to call is the same as it was on the old website, it’s no different  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

Spoke to Azamara about the adding of past cruises and points and they are waiting for Royal Caribbean to release the data and didn’t at that point have a date. Subsequently I’ve seen a Facebook post saying that it’s expected by the end of July. Unfortunately it’s something Azamara seems to have no control over and are reliant on RC who of course have no incentive to help Azamara.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Spoke to Azamara about the adding of past cruises and points and they are waiting for Royal Caribbean to release the data and didn’t at that point have a date. Subsequently I’ve seen a Facebook post saying that it’s expected by the end of July. Unfortunately it’s something Azamara seems to have no control over and are reliant on RC who of course have no incentive to help Azamara.

But that data should have been included in the original data transfer specification so it’s not down to RC what they want to do. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

But that data should have been included in the original data transfer specification so it’s not down to RC what they want to do. 

Agreed, but we’ve already heard from other contributors on here that they are not being cooperative. No doubt that the transfer of that data was part of the original agreement but RC are holding all the aces here.

I’m annoyed that an Azamara cruise that started well after the first transfer date was not sent to Azamara as a future booking but retained and is now showing as a past Celebrity Cruise on their website. Of course it may be that the agreed cutoff date was after the transfer date but I can’t think of a good reason for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It seems like they didn’t get the data, whether or not it was in the contract specification.

RCCG weren’t that interested in Azamara when they were part of the group so now they are probably an irritation, I expect they see most of Azamara’s customers as a target for Celebrity and those who cruise in higher grades as potential Silversea customers.

Azamara’s owners may have some clout in the city but Azamara are now a very small cruise line, at full occupancy all 4 ships only carry as many passengers as one Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It seems like they didn’t get the data, whether or not it was in the contract specification.

It should have been that was a failure if it was not. If it was it’s irrelevant how inclined RC is to sort things out, the contract should cover reasonable performance. 

34 minutes ago, Riocca said:

we’ve already heard from other contributors on here that they are not being cooperative

I am not sure that anyone here can say authoritatively/with absolute certainty that RCCL are/were not being co-operative. I think that it is an assumption.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, uktog said:

It should have been that was a failure if it was not. If it was it’s irrelevant how inclined RC is to sort things out, the contract should cover reasonable performance. 

I’m sure they could think of 101 reasonable excuses why they couldn’t complete the data transfer but that’s all speculation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blag said:

I am not sure that anyone here can say authoritatively/with absolute certainty that RCCL are/were not being co-operative. I think that it is an assumption.

If the data handover was not fully specified in the purchase agreement, then Azamara/Sycamore's attorneys should be out chasing ambulances.

If such transfers was fully specified and RCCL is actively sabotaging the process, then Azamara/Sycarmore's attorneys should be, and likely are, pursuing this with vigor.

As you say, we the customer have no visibility into which of these, if either, is true. This could be a simple case of Hanlon's razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Edited by JYDCruise
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JYDCruise said:

If the data handover was not fully specified in the purchase agreement, then Azamara/Sycamore's attorneys should be out chasing ambulances.

If such transfers was fully specified and RCCL is actively sabotaging the process, then Azamara/Sycarmore's attorneys should be, and likely are, pursuing this with vigor.

As you say, we the customer have no visibility into which of these, if either, is true. This could be a simple case of Hanlon's razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Been there (repeatedly) and have the T-shirts.

This sort of thing will never be specified in the agreement.  What should be are clauses that stipulate working in good faith and with best endeavours to specify, agree and transfer all data where Azamara is the owner.  

But it's just as easy for the receiver to drop the ball.  We saw previously that standing data like excursion descriptions were wrong and missing.  Even excursion titles were initially just a code.  That sort of thing should have been run to ground many months before transfer, if necessary just manually cutting and pasting the description into the new system.  It wasn't.  That problem can be attributed only to Azamara.  Why do we think they'll be any better with the more complex and constantly moving customer & booking data?

I'd take any claims that come from either side with a large pinch of salt!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I'd take any claims that come from either side with a large pinch of salt!  

But neither side is claiming anything! AFAIK Azamara and RCCL are totally silent about the quality, integrity, structure, nature and content of the data. The theories/explanations posted in this topic are speculation.

I cannot access my account. Support sent me directions to reset my password. Website  does not recognize my email which I’ve had forever-a real mess. Now I am again awaiting a reply from Azamara. I need to sign in for our cruise in August and also check loyalty points. I hope this can be settled before our next cruise. Just frustrating for us and I’m sure for them also. 

A quote from Azamara Customer Support UK 

"We are aware that our guest's loyalty information is not correct. This will be rectified soon with our new Loyalty System which will be available shortly."

No idea how long "shortly" is, but it appears they are aware of the problem and have plans to rectify it.

13 minutes ago, GUSGB said:

A quote from Azamara Customer Support UK 

"We are aware that our guest's loyalty information is not correct. This will be rectified soon with our new Loyalty System which will be available shortly."

No idea how long "shortly" is, but it appears they are aware of the problem and have plans to rectify it.

Perhaps it's an all new loyalty program rather than correcting the existing one??  Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Oakton Girl said:

I cannot access my account. Support sent me directions to reset my password. Website  does not recognize my email which I’ve had forever-a real mess. Now I am again awaiting a reply from Azamara. I need to sign in for our cruise in August and also check loyalty points. I hope this can be settled before our next cruise. Just frustrating for us and I’m sure for them also. 

When this happened to me, I was finally told to reregister for the website using my same email address. That got me access, but my booking didn’t immediately show up. I completed a ticket for that, and it eventually got linked to my account. As far as status and loyalty points, they are likely to remain incorrect until some time in the future. People have reported being able to get that straightened out once onboard. You do need to bring documentation to show.

Jane

Addition:

You should also be able to see your reservation w/o signing in by going to this website and 

https://seaware.azamara.com/touchb2c/#/

Click on “Search Booking” (at top left) and put in your booking #, last name and sail date.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

When this happened to me, I was finally told to reregister for the website using my same email address. That got me access, but my booking didn’t immediately show up. I completed a ticket for that, and it eventually got linked to my account. As far as status and loyalty points, they are likely to remain incorrect until some time in the future. People have reported being able to get that straightened out once onboard. You do need to bring documentation to show.

Jane

Addition:

You should also be able to see your reservation w/o signing in by going to this website and 

https://seaware.azamara.com/touchb2c/#/

Click on “Search Booking” (at top left) and put in your booking #, last name and sail date.

Got more directions after the 1st failure.  This time said to reregister-just like you said. But now site says someone else is registered with my email. Yes, that person is me. What a mess!