Symphony of the Seas, masks required on board?

Roger11

We will be on Symphony of the Seas, February 25, 2023 and I am reading conflicting information about wearing masks on board.  I called RC today and the rep told me we needed to wear masks anytime we're not in our state room or eating/drinking.  A friend of mine took a recent cruise on another RC ship and they didn't need to wear masks.  I understand the risks but am vaccinated with 3 additional boosters and wouldn't have booked a cruise if we needed to wear masks walking around the ship.  

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I get thst some of the reps may be a couple weeks behind on policy changes but seriously...we are approaching one year of being mask free.  

I thought for sure this thread was from 2021 and was expecting a Biker resurrection photo post. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

LOL.  Sounds like the OP went back in time.  The reps really are just reading off the info they are given.  Problem is, that rep sounds like they have an old script.   If anything, with the cancellation of the "emergency" by the President in May, masking won't be required anywhere anymore such as Dr's offices as it currently is.  There's always a few people wearing masks.  At church yesterday out of a few hundred people, I saw two wearing masks.  A year ago, there would have been 50+.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BND said:

LOL.  Sounds like the OP went back in time.  The reps really are just reading off the info they are given.  Problem is, that rep sounds like they have an old script.   If anything, with the cancellation of the "emergency" by the President in May, masking won't be required anywhere anymore such as Dr's offices as it currently is.  There's always a few people wearing masks.  At church yesterday out of a few hundred people, I saw two wearing masks.  A year ago, there would have been 50+.  

I work at a hospital and we haven't had to wear masks since September

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

I work at a hospital and we haven't had to wear masks since September

Well, you are in FL.  In VA, they are still required in all medical settings.  I fully support no masks and have, but everything from Dentists to Dr's to imaging centers and hospitals all require them.  My DIL is an RN in a GP's office and they still wear them as INOVA requires it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:44 AM, bucfan2 said:

Just got off the Symphony last Saturday.  We witnessed a handful of individuals wearing a mask (I believe that's what they're called) throughout the week.

Yes, there are always those few people that just can't let go, right? 😁

14 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Yes, there are always those few people that just can't let go, right? 😁

And it's amazing...this whole mask wearing thing is completely optional now.... and you still see people wearing them around their chins? I don't understand why you would optionally wear one, then wear it improperly? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwlane said:

I don't understand why one would care what others do.....

aww snap you got me. You rule the internet with interjections. Man I am put in my place today.. thanks !

Also you seem to care about what I say/do? Why?

Edited by robmtx
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, jwlane said:

I don't understand why one would care what others do.....

It does look funny and makes no sense.  I still see people driving completely alone wearing one so who knows how those minds work.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

No, that's about a year out of date by now.

Thank you. was hoping that was the case.  I didn't want to mess up and not inform the rest of my family and end up running into an issue boarding.  

6 minutes ago, mom2mnem said:

Thank you. was hoping that was the case.  I didn't want to mess up and not inform the rest of my family and end up running into an issue boarding.  

Unfortunately RC has been quite slow to remove some very outdated references to covid protocols from its app screens.