2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

More than you get on carnival.  They do bacon every other day in WJ. 

Lol, Carnival has really tightened up on the bacon distribution. Just got off Mardi Gras a couple of weeks ago.  There was bacon a total of TWO mornings in the buffet on a 7 day cruise.   Typical breakfast sausage links were hard to come by also. They did have cut up brats every morning.  I believe they were yesterday's lunch left overs from Seadogs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yes. Complain, complain, complain! I would have brought her smaller carrots.

I was on last week Anthem cruise and did not see that kind of tiny lobster.  Mine was a tad larger than the previous ones and served in the shell.  Nothing as small as the photo.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Unlimited bacon, every cruise every day.

Don't get me started on bacon! Took several days to find intact bacon strips on OY a couple weeks ago lol. You know drama is going to ensue when I'm whipping out the camera to photograph it 😉

image.thumb.png.d0f2dd5a772455111f370aefb4c25e5c.png

• Haha 3

No lobster tail on cruises less than 7 nights.  

On our upcoming 7 night cruise, my husband will order two entrees and give me his lobster tail.  I don't care how large or small they are.  It is what it is.

No way would I ask a table mate to order me a lobster tail.

On our 2/6 Adventure cruise, I could not order a plain house salad.  Waiter told me it wasn't on the menu. Only caesar salad was listed.  I ordered 2 shrimp cocktails and had to finish one before the 2nd one was brought to the table and not immediately after, I might add.  Doesn't this make more work for the waiter?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, OSUZorba said:

Have you never actually had table mates? After 6 nights, ~9-12 hours together, I'd hardly consider that not knowing each other.

It's still considered awkward to ask someone IMO; however, perhaps the circumstances might be beneficial, like, maybe you know them well enough, had them over to your cabin because they had the upside down pineapple, etc.

Edited by jencruzin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, vegascruiser1 said:

We were on the Odyssey January 28th through February 5th. The first week we all ordered lobster. The second week my husband ordered steak and lobster no problem. My friend’s lobster was so small the carrots were bigger than the lobster. She did complain and they did give her another lobster. 

98725DC1-7D3F-49E5-A776-69E8FF61DFEC.jpeg

BIG SHRIMP! I was earlier accused of my comment being a "hyperbole" LOL

On 2/13/2023 at 10:01 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

People generally look forward to lobster night, and -- if I were not a seafood eater -- I would offer mine to a tablemate without being asked.  

No, I don't.  You've been sitting with these people for several nights.  You're friendly with one another.  Your tablemate says, "I just don't eat shellfish".  I see no harm in saying, "You're sure?  You really don't like it?  I happen to love it ... "  

Still awkward. Your statement reads like a Larry David moment from his series, Curb your Enthusiasm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

No lobster tail on cruises less than 7 nights.  

On our upcoming 7 night cruise, my husband will order two entrees and give me his lobster tail.  I don't care how large or small they are.  It is what it is.

No way would I ask a table mate to order me a lobster tail.

On our 2/6 Adventure cruise, I could not order a plain house salad.  Waiter told me it wasn't on the menu. Only caesar salad was listed.  I ordered 2 shrimp cocktails and had to finish one before the 2nd one was brought to the table and not immediately after, I might add.  Doesn't this make more work for the waiter?

Sounds a bit like how an elementary school cafeteria would be run... Finish everything on your plate before you can have any more....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jencruzin said:

Still awkward. Your statement reads like a Larry David moment from his series, Curb your Enthusiasm.

At the 7th night you basically know the tablemate next to you as to how to behave and what to say.

Not awkward at all.

37 minutes ago, nelblu said:

At the 7th night you basically know the tablemate next to you as to how to behave and what to say.

Not awkward at all.

Just another reason why people choose not to share tables with people they do not know.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jencruzin said:

It's still considered awkward to ask someone IMO; however, perhaps the circumstances might be beneficial, like, maybe you know them well enough, had them over to your cabin because they had the upside down pineapple, etc.

Best response ever!!!!! If you had them over for the upside down pineapple then it is definitely ok to ask for that extra lobster tail. Otherwise - maybe not so much. @jencruzin I think you are the wisest person on these boards.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, robmtx said:

Don't get me started on bacon! Took several days to find intact bacon strips on OY a couple weeks ago lol. You know drama is going to ensue when I'm whipping out the camera to photograph it 😉

image.thumb.png.d0f2dd5a772455111f370aefb4c25e5c.png

How do you get a perfect egg like that. If I order sunny side up, I never get the brown edges.

40 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Exactly - cruise by cruise people are avoiding sharing with strangers.

All it takes is one bad experience. We had some tablemates that we couldn’t stand and actively avoided eating in the MDR on half of the nights so we wouldn’t have to eat with them. Since then it’s been My Time Dining every cruise. If we got paired up again I wouldn’t be surprised if they asked us to order them a second lobster 😏

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I ordered 2 shrimp cocktails and had to finish one before the 2nd one was brought to the table and not immediately after, I might add.  Doesn't this make more work for the waiter?

Every time this happens - I will throw a fit and will have the Maitre D listen to my tantrum!

Totally unacceptable!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

How do you get a perfect egg like that. If I order sunny side up, I never get the brown edges.

It was a roll of the dice... I didn't specify anything, just got lucky. Believe me I have more bad eggs than good eggs.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nelblu said:

Not awkward at all.

If you were to ask me to get you an extra lobster tail, even as a tablemate after 12 nights, I'd capture you on video and you'd be on youtube the same evening😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1