Lobster Warning

rmalbers

On 2/12/2023 at 5:58 PM, gizmodog said:

At least you all got butter for your lobster, we never saw any butter. Also just wondering is anyone offered coffee anymore after dinner? We were not asked once. My husband would literally have to almost grab someone to get a cup of coffee.

Hubby and I had to ask for it every night on the Beyond last week, even at the specialty restaurants. 

New All you can eat Dining packages be offered soon as follow:

• All you can eat Lobster for $49.99 plus 20% gratuity.
  • All you can eat Prime Rib for $59.99 plus 20 gratuity
  • All you can eat Filet Mignon for $69.99 plus 20% gratuity

Or choose our ALL inclusive ALL YOU CAN EAT FEAST PLAN for $99.99 plus 20% gratuity...wait, don't give Celebrity more ideas on how to gouge us for what we already paid for in our AI cruise pricing, LoL 🤣

• Haha 2

The pricing discussion here is worthless. There are many different species of lobster. They are not all the same. There are also seasonal differences. Unless you are actually in the business of sourcing food wholesale, and specifically lobster, you have no clue what you are talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

The pricing discussion here is worthless. There are many different species of lobster. They are not all the same. There are also seasonal differences. Unless you are actually in the business of sourcing food wholesale, and specifically lobster, you have no clue what you are talking about.

I may not. But these guys seem to.  Buy 4 cases and get a bigger discount.  

What if I buy 20,000 cases a month?  What price then?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/4-oz-north-atlantic-lobster-tail-10-lb-case/872RE91103.html

Edited by manmachine
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 12:05 AM, Shipswap said:

This photo needs to be sent to Lisa Lutoff-Perlo 

And LLP needs to move to Marketing with her "Cute Capers" and get someone in her place interested in restoring the Celebrity brand. Even if it means increasing the fares "again" by $20-30 a day to provide the quality cuisine most experienced Celebrity cruisers have come to expect and enjoy.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

👍

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, manmachine said:

With the Celebrity lobster, the biggest challenge is actually finding the darn thing on the plate.

I think that part of the issue is that the plate is wayyyyy to bigggggggggg for the lobster.  Put it on a much smaller plate.  One would think that they could afford to add a couple more broccoli florets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/12/2023 at 5:22 PM, countess5 said:

I’m going to get hammered with this comment, but I have read many comments on lobster.

Is the only place on earth lobster is served is on a cruise ship? 😂

So much focus on a lobster meal on a ship. 🤔

Just saying.

Cheers 

Lobster is a nice change but it's not close to making my favorite's list, there's been many nights that I opted for something else on the menu like Beef Wellington, my wife never eats lobster and she loves seafood but not lobster.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 2

Pretty sure that was MY lobster.  We were on the Silhouette and 

2 minutes ago, Winnigirl said:

Just off the Silhouette and Equinox.  That one lobster tail is bigger than the 2 I had.  And no parsley.  And the baked potato has been change to a 1/2 cup of white rice, no seasoning,  and some frozen vegetables sprinkled through the rice - guess that's the menu's "pilaf" part.  

20 hours ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

Maybe Celebrity needs to rethink who sources their lobsters.  The folks here, apparently, can get them for a buck and song. Perhaps they should ring up the CEO and offer their services. 

Google is only the merest attempt to source.  This isn’t about waste.  It is about cost cutting.

1 hour ago, bassethounddog said:

No response so far from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. 

Thankyou on behalf of all of us here for submitting the photo.

It’s really no surprise to see that it has been ignored. But oh, wouldn’t it have been amazing if she had stepped up and stated that the lobster entree wasn’t up to Celebrity standards!  
Unfortunately,that kind of leadership isn’t seen very often these days.