Indy -- are Pinnacles allowed in the Suite Lounge?

SherriZ366

15 hours ago, twangster said:

It usually depends how many are on that sailing.  Once a threshold is crossed they open a separate area as a Pinnacle lounge. 

Well.....more of a Pinnacle "event" in one of the common lounges for 3 hours.  😉 

Last two weeks here on Voyager, we had access to SL.  The threshold on this ship (varies at the whim of each ship's management)....is 50.   We had 46 first week, 45 last week.  

This week...scheduled 54...so we are kicked out this week.  😞  Not really a big deal for me, since I only use the lounge for early morning coffee.  It's nuts with all the Ds, D+, and now add back in the Pinnies for the single coffee machine in the DL.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's nuts with all the Ds, D+, and now add back in the Pinnies for the single coffee machine in the DL.  

We’ve noticed it less crowded (and more enjoyable) on the past couple cruise in cafe promenade/etc hanging w/ the common folk.  So many think that ‘status’ is such a big deal, it’s nice to be just treated as a typical human once in a while.

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Last two weeks here on Voyager, we had access to SL.  The threshold on this ship (varies at the whim of each ship's management)....is 50.   We had 46 first week, 45 last week.  

This week...scheduled 54...so we are kicked out this week.  😞  Not really a big deal for me, since I only use the lounge for early morning coffee.  It's nuts with all the Ds, D+, and now add back in the Pinnies for the single coffee machine in the DL.  

Thanks Pat -- it sounds like the Pinnacle count may  50ish to be kicked out of suite lounge.  I wonder how many Pinnys will be sailing on a 4 nighter that departs on Memorial Day.  We had to change from 5-21-2023 Wonder to this cruise.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

We’ve noticed it less crowded (and more enjoyable) on the past couple cruise in cafe promenade/etc hanging w/ the common folk.  So many think that ‘status’ is such a big deal, it’s nice to be just treated as a typical human once in a while.

Since the voucher program came out, we never us the CL/SL for happy hour any longer.  I only use it for morning coffee.  DL is just plain nuts, don't go in there at all.  

Our go to spot is usually the underused and beautiful VCL.  Happy hour is any hour, at any lounge.  🙂  

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Since the voucher program came out, we never us the CL/SL for happy hour any longer.  I only use it for morning coffee.  DL is just plain nuts, don't go in there at all.  

Our go to spot is usually the underused and beautiful VCL.  Happy hour is any hour, at any lounge.  🙂  

My daughter Amanda did that when they did a family cruise on Mariner last year.  They would order drinks and she would go into the DL and get hors d'oerurves.  She and Josh were Diamonds and the boys had the soda package.  Now all 5 of them are Diamonds as the boys got their status from Mom and Dad. We may do the same thing.  I love the views from the Viking Crown Lounge.  

I think RCI is trying to have Pinnacle Lounges when Pinnys exceed the maximum.  They used the Music Hall on Wonder and had a nice spread but very few people used the lounge.  .  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Ditto. We use the VCL for a pre-dinner cocktail most nights. It is usually very quiet and not very crowded.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Ditto. We use the VCL for a pre-dinner cocktail most nights. It is usually very quiet and not very crowded.

I've always loved that area.  Fabulous views and I don't think people use it very much especially for pre-dinner drinks before our late dining time.  

• Like 1