2023 Premium Plus Beverage Package

montycjv

16 minutes ago, ppcox said:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Beverage_Packages_01232023.pdf

We are thinking of getting the Free at Sea plus upgrade. We are basing our decision on the list above provided on NCL’s website. Are some of these not available?

I am on the Getaway right now.  Finally came across a written menu.  Here’s what’s available in the main bar at the atrium.  The gray shaded is the premium I 9B3501F0-B393-4059-93A7-BF915A6008BB.thumb.jpeg.e84aa8aae9c80ff765f4019c5d7de4c0.jpegD7132662-A253-4F1F-8F1F-54F037738D4E.thumb.jpeg.e6b0eaeb8c9d48ae6f29b51645bd5bff.jpegbelieve.  Plus Starbucks.  So the 25$ a day we spend in Starbucks for the four of us made it worth it for us. 

Hope it comes through.  Wifi is hit or mis with adding photos. 54CA9F94-F416-4B35-BE68-980223F169A2.thumb.jpeg.ad6b89ddadefad3d720c25ccea1a22fa.jpeg3325DA00-62D7-4EA6-8979-16AEEB45AEDA.thumb.jpeg.23c7d0af6dd2c5e88be01f5f0eeca916.jpegED403DC8-2347-4C55-AE63-AF668F72A59A.thumb.jpeg.661c0b1ac8087632205ddfa58aaa4d9d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I was on the Breakaway Haven last week.  This is a picture of the Haven Plus side of the Haven Bar Menu.  It shows the up charge if you do not have have upgraded drink package.  We were told if you have the Plus, you're only charged for Johnnie Walker Blue Label Connoisseur Collection with a 40% discount.  I believe they had everything in stock at the Haven Bar.  Talked to a non-haven guest the first day of cruise and said he was disappointed that no bar on the ship had Crown Royal and was told out of stock.

Sorry for picture sideways....don't know why

IMG_1704.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TEXASMIMI said:

I was on the Breakaway Haven last week.  This is a picture of the Haven Plus side of the Haven Bar Menu.  It shows the up charge if you do not have have upgraded drink package.  We were told if you have the Plus, you're only charged for Johnnie Walker Blue Label Connoisseur Collection with a 40% discount.  I believe they had everything in stock at the Haven Bar.  Talked to a non-haven guest the first day of cruise and said he was disappointed that no bar on the ship had Crown Royal and was told out of stock.

Sorry for picture sideways....don't know why

Thanks for the information.  We'll be on Breakaway/Haven next week.  We upgraded and was wondering if we made a mistake.

Its interesting, even in the Haven that they charge for blue, when they list it as a included plus whiskey...

Edit - I do see in fine print of the plus list at the bottom, that all they hav eto do is add connoisseur collection to the listing... sigh.

Edited by Arrow34

On 2/15/2023 at 3:44 AM, Sydneyberlin said:

Well, at least there’s Veuve and a Pommery Rosé champagne on there. JW Blue only in the Haven it seems but I wouldn’t be too surprised to spot one at Maltings as well.

Very clear though on the newly introduced “Only one bottle at dinner” rule though. Well, I just make them run like crazy for my orders by the glass at lunch then, not my problem.

Also- no taking bottles back to the room though I read plenty of reports on here where people seem to get away with it. Worth trying our luck I think.

Yeah hopefully can just ask and see what happens haha

Edited by gcadays99

Sorry about not posting the pictures of the menu, I wasn't on CC for most of the cruise. Yes, JW Blue is no longer included. I see Texasmimi posted the picture.

The biggest change in the wine for me is that the ones you can get by the bottle are now only the ones that you can get by the glass. Last year there was a separate list of "wines by the bottle" for P+, that's gone now, so for me there's little value in ordering by the bottle. I just did it differently, and instead ordered different glasses to match the courses of food.

I can see how if service is slow it can be an issue to get glasses refilled. We didn't try the MDRs so can't comment on that.

• Like 2

Hopefully availability is getting better.  I remember the first time having this package it was fantastic.  They had my Patron Anejo at pretty much every bar.  This time, on Bliss, they only had it at the bar in between Los Lobos and Cagneys . . . and in a corner of the night club.  Absolutely sucked that I couldn't get my Patron Anejo/club soda/splash of pineapple with a lime while chilling poolside.  

I will say the Patron Bar at Great Stirrup Cay was a perfect day with this package.

Also the bartenders get so many people asking for Patron on the regular free at Sea, they will just grab the Silver by habit even if you let them know that you want Anejo so make sure you are ordering your drinks from the bar and not through a waiter.  Its a very noticeable difference if you are getting shots.

I also think Veuve should be at every bar that sells wine.  And they should be more willing to comply with requests to have them available at a certain bar considering the extra expense.

Great add on package that is slowly becoming less great as the time goes by.  

• Like 2

So we drank 14 bottles of Aqua Panna. Bottle of Veuve every night with dinner.

Every high end spirit I could get. No Blue on the Escape that I could find. Not in the Haven this time though.

Funny Hennessy XO was $50 per. A double with tip would have been $120.00. CRAZY!

Macallan, Whistle Pig, Blantons were all flowing at some bars.

Best rum drinks ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got our moneys worth for sure. Could we have done without? YES! Regrets? NO!

OH with room service charges now we made 2 trips a day to Starbucks. I don't visit them at home, but on the ship for FREE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionkingrichard said:

So we drank 14 bottles of Aqua Panna. Bottle of Veuve every night with dinner.

Every high end spirit I could get. No Blue on the Escape that I could find. Not in the Haven this time though.

Funny Hennessy XO was $50 per. A double with tip would have been $120.00. CRAZY!

Macallan, Whistle Pig, Blantons were all flowing at some bars.

Best rum drinks ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got our moneys worth for sure. Could we have done without? YES! Regrets? NO!

OH with room service charges now we made 2 trips a day to Starbucks. I don't visit them at home, but on the ship for FREE!

So was the XO included too? Going next week on escape and I’m a cognac drinker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 6:14 PM, dpemd said:

What is the best/most expensive bourbon included in the package?

From the looks of it the 10y piggy. Cost doesn’t equal better bourbon. Drink what your tastebuds like! 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:31 AM, palpieha said:

Sorry about not posting the pictures of the menu, I wasn't on CC for most of the cruise. Yes, JW Blue is no longer included. I see Texasmimi posted the picture.

The biggest change in the wine for me is that the ones you can get by the bottle are now only the ones that you can get by the glass. Last year there was a separate list of "wines by the bottle" for P+, that's gone now, so for me there's little value in ordering by the bottle. I just did it differently, and instead ordered different glasses to match the courses of food.

I can see how if service is slow it can be an issue to get glasses refilled. We didn't try the MDRs so can't comment on that.

With the Premium Plus were you able to order ANY bottle that was served by the glass? A recent review said they were told only glasses that were $15 and under (which is a pretty disappointing list)- at least over that price there are a couple of things that are OK.

With the Premium plus their website today (as I just upgraded for upcoming cruise) shows per glass and/or you can order bottles that are above the $15 as listed (based on inventory).   We bring our favorite wines from home since we do not fly so have not tested them on it.  Will be on the Breakaway Haven soon and although we bring only Reds I do like a glass of of white with lunch so going to try and order a bottle of Santa Margherita that I believe is above the $15.

Premium-Plus-Beverage-Package-0922.pdf

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ah5050 said:

From the looks of it the 10y piggy. Cost doesn’t equal better bourbon. Drink what your tastebuds like! 

That 10y whistle pig is definitely my favorite on the list, but it's a rye whiskey, not a bourbon.

• Like 1

I checked out the current wine offerings posted by CTCruiser001 and put a price next to the ones they offered on that particular cruise each by the glass and by the bottle.  (with the premium plus package). 

Looks like the bottle that you should be able to order with a dinner range from $35 to $99 per bottle.  i noticed that they no longer offer bottle Veuve Clicquot for dinner.  I guess just keep filling up my glass!

I hope this stands true for lunches??

Wine price by glass and bottle.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 6:14 PM, dpemd said:

What is the best/most expensive bourbon included in the package?

We were in the Haven and DH was drinking Blanton's as his sipping bourbon.  Woodford Reserve (not really expensive) was his go to for old fashions.

2 hours ago, sailorusvi said:

We were in the Haven and DH was drinking Blanton's as his sipping bourbon.  Woodford Reserve (not really expensive) was his go to for old fashions.

On our 5 March cruise on Breakaway, they ran out of Blantons.  Bartender was apologetic and did extra heavy pours of the Woodford.

Has anyone had success upgrading to premium plus onboard versus ahead of time? I have heard mixed things on if you can or not. We have a lot of obc and if I can wait till on the ship I rather use it there. 

7 hours ago, rjm11 said:

With the Premium Plus were you able to order ANY bottle that was served by the glass? A recent review said they were told only glasses that were $15 and under (which is a pretty disappointing list)- at least over that price there are a couple of things that are OK.

I was on 2 weeks ago, it is actually bottles of anything 15 and OVER by the glass.  I know, its confusing.  Actually, that was my number one thing in my survey.  Even the folks onboard serving you are confused.  

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 11:20 AM, rjm11 said:

We only ordered a bottle once, and it was one of the more expensive ones by the glass. Definitely higher than $15. Unless you expect slow service, no reason to order by the bottle anymore since they are the same ones available by the glass.

23 hours ago, ah5050 said:

Has anyone had success upgrading to premium plus onboard versus ahead of time? I have heard mixed things on if you can or not. We have a lot of obc and if I can wait till on the ship I rather use it there. 

Yes, I did it last year on the Joy using OBC.

5 hours ago, palpieha said:

We only ordered a bottle once, and it was one of the more expensive ones by the glass. Definitely higher than $15. Unless you expect slow service, no reason to order by the bottle anymore since they are the same ones available by the glass.

From experience though, slow service is a real issue with alcohol, especially in the main dining rooms. By the time we get to order a second glass, we’re usually well finished with the first one.

Plus, there is something a bit fancy about having a good whole bottle of wine with your meal. Especially if it’s French champagne- we always start with a bottle of that over the starter course and specifically slow down our dinner to first enjoy that and only then order the main and some wine by the glass. Makes for a lovely experience, even if you’re dining “only” in the MDR.

• Like 3