Online check in- online muster drill

nimbex1970

So we are going with the grandkids.. now that this is all on line, do we have to play the muster drill for each kid on the app when it appears? How is this tracked?  Thanks in advance, it may seem simple, but it's new to us. 

46 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

So we are going with the grandkids.. now that this is all on line, do we have to play the muster drill for each kid on the app when it appears? How is this tracked?  Thanks in advance, it may seem simple, but it's new to us. 

Wife  checks us in on online muster video as we drive to the port.  I have never seen a video in our last three cruises. Emuster now takes less than a minute to checkin once onboard.  Some one with a gaggle of kids will surely chime in. 

1 hour ago, nimbex1970 said:

one person can play the video and check off that everyone on the reservation watched it with them.  Then everyone goes to the muster station when you board and they scan all the Sea Pass cards and you are done.

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

one person can play the video and check off that everyone on the reservation watched it with them.  Then everyone goes to the muster station when you board and they scan all the Sea Pass cards and you are done.

Or one person can take them all and let the others be free 🙂 

15 hours ago, GJustice said:

I have never seen anyone with a stack of Set Sail cards checking in people who were not there.  

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

I’m n our last two cruise last year they most certainly checked that all of my family was present when we checked in at our muster station.  It takes all of about a minute and you typically have a lot a big time window to do it.  So not a big deal anyhow.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

If one person is managing the reservation for a booking number only that person needs to play it and they can check off that all in that reservation party have watched the safety video. 

• Like 1

I would not encourage this and I cannot say I have ever seen it done. 

I believe that it is extremely important that everyone, especially young children, need to know what, when, and where when it comes to emergenices.  Encouraging folks to 'try and work around the system' just seems a little irresponsible to me.  

My $0.02 as they say. 

• Like 2

It''s 1423 onboard Harmony now and since 1100 we have heard four announcements regarding getting the muster done.  I expect to hear another within the next 10-15 minutes.

We got lucky, They had our muster station set up on the way from the gangway to the aft elevators, so we got it done before entering the elevator's to go up to the suite lounge.  It could not have been easier.  And since we watched the video and checked the boxes prior to embarking, it should us, unlike the couple in front of us, as having completed the prerequisites. 

Update:  prompty at 1430 there was another announcement. 

Edited by DaKahuna

Not to fan the flame, but I've gone solo to have my and my wife's cards scanned on our last three cruises. OBVIOUSLY, we both know the drill and where our station is. She DOES use a walker and/or wheelchair so we satisfy the spirit, if not the absolute letter of the rule.