We booked at forward facing Oceanview on Beyond

2chiefs

Yes, on Apex and we loved it.  We had cabin 9001 deck nine and it was lovely.  You get extra space because of the little sitting area under  the window with two chairs and a small table.  The window is huge and the views were awesome.  Yes, you do feel the motion of the ship because of being so far forward, but it didn’t bother us.  The bathroom is very nice with a large glass shower.  We would never hesitate to sail in these cabins.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

We've never booked a forward facing oceanview before. We usually boo a veranda.

We booked DO-8104 on the Beyond. Has anyone taken a cruise in one of these? A review would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This was on the Apex  at the box on 9 

cool place to watch an evacuation for helipad

it is about 950 step to the pizza station and back 😁

8CB6F55B-6E69-4E64-9E18-E98035260B0A.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

This was on the Apex  at the box on 9 

cool place to watch an evacuation for helipad

it is about 950 step to the pizza station and back 😁

8CB6F55B-6E69-4E64-9E18-E98035260B0A.jpeg

Thanks. Let's see; Does 950 steps = calories in one slice of pizza? LOL

What was your cabin number? Did they have extra chairs for sitting by the porthole or was the slant of the window restrictive?

19 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, on Apex and we loved it.  We had cabin 9001 deck nine and it was lovely.  You get extra space because of the little sitting area under  the window with two chairs and a small table.  The window is huge and the views were awesome.  Yes, you do feel the motion of the ship because of being so far forward, but it didn’t bother us.  The bathroom is very nice with a large glass shower.  We would never hesitate to sail in these cabins.

Thanks a lot. The extra space sounds really nice. We are on a panama canal partial transit and thought it might be nice for looking at the locks (if we remain inside the cabin). We'll probably be out on deck though.

• Like 1

We had 9113(accessible) on the Beyond, which faces forward and have it again for our partial transit of the Panama Canal in December on Beyond. This cabin is unusually large as the window is on the forward slope, and the corner, compared to the cabin next door(9111).

Hal

2815B156-1D7F-4B5D-A209-F23A4679CAD6.jpeg

9AF02F15-5990-4398-9AAB-03A7BDA9BE31.jpeg

• Like 1

We had one twice, on Equinox transatlantics.  Loved it. One time, had a sofa in the slopy part, and one time two easy chairs. I put post-its on the window to help me remember to duck my head before getting too close.

After the first time, we learned that the drapes must be closed tight all night, in order to not interfere with visibility on the bridge.  So no more stargazing, as we had enjoyed previously.

7 hours ago, HS2BS said:

We had 9113(accessible) on the Beyond, which faces forward and have it again for our partial transit of the Panama Canal in December on Beyond. This cabin is unusually large as the window is on the forward slope, and the corner, compared to the cabin next door(9111).

Hal

9AF02F15-5990-4398-9AAB-03A7BDA9BE31.jpeg

Thanks for the photo. I think you answered the same question on our roll call as we are on the Panama canal cruise with you. I remember you said you were unable to flip this picture around. I was able to do it so here it is!!

Celebrity Oceanview Cabin 2.jpg

Edited by 2chiefs
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We had one twice, on Equinox transatlantics.  Loved it. One time, had a sofa in the slopy part, and one time two easy chairs. I put post-its on the window to help me remember to duck my head before getting too close.

After the first time, we learned that the drapes must be closed tight all night, in order to not interfere with visibility on the bridge.  So no more stargazing, as we had enjoyed previously.

Thanks a lot. That's nice to know about having to keep the curtains closed when the lights are on at night!! Seems to me you could still stargaze as long as there were no lights in the cabin??

Edited by 2chiefs

• 11 months later...

Hello 2 Chefs,

What did you think of cabin 8104?

Would love to hear what you thought of that cabin and see any pictures you may have of the cabin, especially the view from the window.

We are booking this cabin later this year.

• Like 3

This cabin uses the same small hallway, but the adjacent cabin is accessible; therefore cabin 8107 smaller. It does have a floor to ceiling, front facing window. The one drawback to all the front cabins is when the anchor is lowered you feel as though you helping.

Hal

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

This cabin uses the same small hallway, but the adjacent cabin is accessible; therefore cabin 8107 smaller. It does have a floor to ceiling, front facing window. The one drawback to all the front cabins is when the anchor is lowered you feel as though you helping.

Hal

Never heard the anchor on a 2 week TA 

well I had issues on RCI Oasis class ships staying in the front of the ship.

I could hear down off the bow music drifting loud up through the stairwell to the crew bar,

I too am in the Beyond forward facing room and hoping no issues.

As a side note, I was supposed to be on the Reflection and they changed it to Beyond.

I did not wait to see how they would handle I called and good thing.

So when changes ships they use the two-digit category letters or numbers.  I argued and insisted the use the description because on the Beyond, those front rooms were assigned a different category label and Celebrity was trying to push me to a deck 3 room ocean view. 

I am glad I held my ground as the agent spoke to supervisor and I got the room in the front and it actually cost less than the Reflection.  

So be careful of room descriptions and room category that differ from ship to ship.  Imagine getting sent to deck 3 along the side when I had a front view.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2023 at 9:37 AM, HS2BS said:

We just booked cabin 9111 for a 10 night cruise in November.  In light of recent threads regarding banging and popping noises (non-anchor related) I wanted to ask if you heard any such sounds during your cruise.

On 1/31/2024 at 7:15 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

@2chiefs

what did you think of the cabin? 

I am booking 8107...

I never thought I'd consider an ocean view category but these rooms seem very spacious and a nice alternative if you don't want to go for the IV's and above.  

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I never thought I'd consider an ocean view category but these rooms seem very spacious and a nice alternative if you don't want to go for the IV's and above.  

I booked it for my parents. I booked a porthole balcony for us right next to their cabin.

• Like 1

FYI.  If anyone is curious, the Cruise Dorks on YouTube stayed in a forward facing cabin on Ascent.  There are about 5-7 videos on YouTube with a lot of cabin footage.  Jim, one half of the couple, is a big guy so you will get some sense for the size of the room and slope of the ceiling as you get closer to the window.    

• Like 2

We were in 8101 on the Ascent this January. Forward facing and had no noise.  We also booked 8101 on the Apex for our 2025 TA.  We like the ability to look forward and watch where we are headed.  Extra room is nice.  The only noise and vibration was from the thrusters when maneuvering.  No banging or popping noises and the curtain shuts out the night lights.

• Like 4

We are booked on the Ascent for the fall TA from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale and the following cruise in cabin 9113 As it is a sister ship to Beyond, I don’t expect there to e any noises other then when docking or tendering.

Hal

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 9:05 AM, Flatsman said:

We were in 8101 on the Ascent this January. Forward facing and had no noise.  We also booked 8101 on the Apex for our 2025 TA.  We like the ability to look forward and watch where we are headed.  Extra room is nice.  The only noise and vibration was from the thrusters when maneuvering.  No banging or popping noises and the curtain shuts out the night lights.

We are booked in 8103 on the Apex this coming December for a 7 night Caribbean cruise. We have been on 50 cruises over the past 30 years, and never had a forward-facing cabin. I don't always do well with motion, but we know from experience that the Caribbean is usually (although not always) pretty calm in December, and we were really intrigued by the size and layout of the cabin -- especially since it offers the same space as the stupid Infinite Verandas in which you have to keep the window closed anyway if you don't want the cabin's A/C to shut off. If motion is an issue, I'll be out of cabin for most of the daytime and meclizine will take care of it. Motion when sleeping is not a problem for me. 

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

and we were really intrigued by the size and layout of the cabin -- especially since it offers the same space as the stupid Infinite Verandas in which you have to keep the window closed anyway if you don't want the cabin's A/C to shut off.

Exactly the reason we booked the category as well!