Celebrity Reflection question about concierge vs verandah

wildcats40

We are comparing options for a cruise on the Reflection and trying to decide if it is worth paying a few hundred dollars more for the Concierge level.  I realize the cabin location might be slightly better,  but honestly our main reason we've picked the Concierge level in the past was having lunch in the dining room.  We do not like going to the buffet, especially on the first day when the crowds are bad.  One meal doesn't seem worth the price of Concierge.  Are there any specialty dining rooms open for lunch at embarkation that we could reserve ahead?  Thanks for your input.

Depends on the Ship.  The last time we sailed on E-Class; the Le Grand Bistro and Raw on 5 were open.  I don't believe reservations were available for either one for lunch on Day 1 - it was just walk up service.  The App may be able to give you an idea of what else could be open other than the OVC.

EDIT - Sorry - just read where you said Reflection....It appears Raw on Five would be your only option.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Thanks 1

We board Reflection on Sunday.  According to the app, Sushi on 5 will open at 11:30, but you cannot make lunch reservations in advance (that's for any day).  Just show up and see if they can seat you.  Keep in mind that it is a la carte, so you will pay.

The app also says that Mast Grill opens at 11:30.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, wildcats40 said:

We are comparing options for a cruise on the Reflection and trying to decide if it is worth paying a few hundred dollars more for the Concierge level.  I realize the cabin location might be slightly better,  but honestly our main reason we've picked the Concierge level in the past was having lunch in the dining room.  We do not like going to the buffet, especially on the first day when the crowds are bad.  One meal doesn't seem worth the price of Concierge.  Are there any specialty dining rooms open for lunch at embarkation that we could reserve ahead?  Thanks for your input.

Concierge gets you lunch in the MDR ONLY on embarkation day. That seems like it would be a very expensive lunch.  Beyond that, it's not very special.  Afternoon canapes, a bottle of 'champagne', and extra captain club points.  

• Thanks 1

Hello,

In 'ye good old days' Concierge Class' had a Welcome Aboard lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Of late it seems to have slipped to the first sea day but it would be nice to return to how it was.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cublet said:

In 'ye good old days' Concierge Class' had a Welcome Aboard lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Of late it seems to have slipped to the first sea day but it would be nice to return to how it was.

Ummm, 'ye good old days' is now---they still do it.  MDR is open at lunch for all on sea days.

Edited by jwlane

11 hours ago, D C said:

Concierge gets you lunch in the MDR ONLY on embarkation day. That seems like it would be a very expensive lunch.  Beyond that, it's not very special.  Afternoon canapes, a bottle of 'champagne', and extra captain club points.  

And a specialty pillow menu. That body pillow reduced my typical nightly aches so much that I bought one when I got home.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jwlane said:

Ummm, 'ye good old days' is now---they still do it.  MDR is open at lunch for all on sea days.

Hello,

Is it?

My last two Silhouette cruises had no embarkation day lunch in MDR for Concierge Class pax - as I said it took place on the first sea day.

Regards,

Cublet

18 hours ago, wildcats40 said:

Avoid the crowds and enjoy a relaxed meal at the Spa Cafe for free.

8 hours ago, cublet said:

Is it?

no embarkation day lunch in MDR for Concierge Class pax ... took place on the first sea day.

It is---ya' just have to get there on time.  It was available on our Silly B2B out of Southampton back in May.  BTW, the MDR is open for everyone on sea days.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

It is---ya' just have to get there on time.  It was available on our Silly B2B out of Southampton back in May.  BTW, the MDR is open for everyone on sea days.

It's the time that was the problem. With allocated time slots still in operation (and enforced in some ports, including Southampton) Concierge Passengers were unable to board in time and hence the decision to offer the lunch on a sea day. I know doing this isn't the same but it was at least a gesture.

16 hours ago, the penguins said:

It's the time that was the problem. With allocated time slots still in operation (and enforced in some ports, including Southampton) Concierge Passengers were unable to board in time and hence the decision to offer the lunch on a sea day. I know doing this isn't the same but it was at least a gesture.

Hello,

Thank you - I knew I wasn't mistaken.

We were seated in a dedicated area of the MDR and offered two menus - one for Concierge Class and the other the 'ordinary' MDR menu.

And what I also remember from many years ago was complimentary wine with lunch.

Regards,

Cublet

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Thank you - I knew I wasn't mistaken.

We were seated in a dedicated area of the MDR and offered two menus - one for Concierge Class and the other the 'ordinary' MDR menu.

And what I also remember from many years ago was complimentary wine with lunch.

Regards,

Cublet

A pleasure