Carnival Shareholder Benefit

Eaglecw

I’ve been a shareholder with Carnival for years. The Shareholder benefit is a nice little perk. We booked a cruise yesterday and I just noticed that “The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023” and “Reservations must be made by February 28, 2023”. Does that mean that those who book a cruise on March 1st are going to be SOL on getting there Shareholder benefit and does it mean that those who cruise after July 31 are going to be in the same boat. I’ve never seen that on any of the previous postings.

2023 US Annual Report - Shareholder Benefit - Final.pdf

I believe that is there because the Carnival Board of Directors must annually approve the Shareholder Benefit.

The expiration date has always been there but it is more a formality.  Fingers remain crossed that it will be approved for another year. 

It is a great benefit.  Turns the dividend yield into one of our highest performing yields......but not going to talk about the stock price. 

• Haha 1

I emailed HAL last Friday for our August cruise and this was the response:

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line in regards to your Carnival Shareholder benefit.

Unfortunately, we are unable to apply the ship board credit to your reservation XXXXX  due to the Carnival shareholder program is currently valid on voyages thru July 2023. Please resubmit your CCL proof in April 2023 when we anticipate the extension of the Carnival shareholder benefit.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We are looking forward to welcoming you on board in the near future.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It seems my investment in CCL Stock has made up its loss and I have enjoyed several cruises with OBC.  A few more planned for the next twelve months will be equally nice.  Stock up again today, now over %15 a share.  A long cry from pre covid, but up a great deal since last year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Submitted request for next 5 cruises through May 2024 today, first time. No auto acknowledgement,  so that's strange. Will see how long it takes therfore I get them. It's difficult w/HAL since you can't see OBC in the booking.

So here's our recent shareholder credit story......request sent via email:

Request sent 7/6 @3:49pm

Request acknowledgment 7/6 @3:57pm

Confirmation email of the credit received 7/10

Confirmed with TA and updated booking w/credit received 7/10

Also, something interesting....the cruise is 13 nights and that qualifies for $100 OBC and that was what HAL referenced on the email confirmation but the TA booking has the OBC listed as listed as $250 OBC (which is for 14 days +)......I'm wondering if the difference is because we cross the International Date Line going west????  I'll take the $250.

Again, the dividend yield on Carnival stock for us with the OBC makes it a high performer in the portfolio!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

No auto acknowledgement,

Did you send it to the "new" email address of CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com?

(I almost sent mine to the old World Cruise email address that was saved in my email from previous requests)

• Thanks 1

Just now, FlaMariner said:

Did you send it to the "new" email address of CCLshareholderHAL@hollandamerica.com?

(I almost sent mine to the old World Cruise email address that was saved in my email from previous requests)

Yes, thanks, I did 😊and copied myself. No bounceback. Just thought it strange I didn't get an auto reply confirming it was received. 

18 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

......I'm wondering if the difference is because we cross the International Date Line going west????  

I believe that westbound crossing of the International Date Line means that is suddenly one day later (i.e., missed a day). Eastbound crossing means you repeat the day. So, if they looked at the start and end dates, they could have concluded it was 14 days instead of 13.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ExArkie said:

I believe that westbound crossing of the International Date Line means that is suddenly one day later (i.e., missed a day). Eastbound crossing means you repeat the day. So, if they looked at the start and end dates, they could have concluded it was 14 days instead of 13.

The whole concept of the International Date Line makes my head spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, quack2 said:

Yours and HAL's! They have not got the calendar right on the first try on any of the Hawaii-Tahiti So.Pac cruises that I've watched since 2020! Including the one I booked yesterday. 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, quack2 said:

Hence my starting the post with “l believe…”

We have booked an eastbound transpacific on Noordam for Spring 2025 (allowing time to plan several weeks in Japan prior to departure). April 30 is listed twice on the itinerary. However, the itinerary shows sixteen days and the booking is identified as a “15 Day North Pacific Crossing.”

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, FlaMariner said:

That is strange.....check spam?  

I'd give it a week and then re-send. 

Received confirmation today, so it took 2 days for the HAL credit to show. Haven't gotten new invoices yet, but email shows it will be applied to all 5 bookings I had listed. I did not include any bookings after May 2024 assuming the Aug and Sept were too far out for them to approve.

• Like 2

I have sent mine twice now, to the CCL address and haven't received any acknowledgment yet.  Sent it to myself as well so I know it went out.  Is there a number I can call or should I just try again?  Leaving in a week.