Does Princess still have the Most Traveled Passengers luncheon or cocktail party, do they still introduce the top 3 travelers

Shaver John

Just curious, does Princess still have the luncheon for the 40 top traveler with the most days and or do they still celebrate the 3 travelers by number of travel days at the Captains party? Please let me know. Did they do this on the Discovery Princess if you know.

• Like 1

In November on Discovery, they had a reception (Elite/Platinum) reception.  The most traveled people must live on ships!  Even the 3rd most had more than 2 years on a ship and were way behind the first! 

The first and second place people didnt even show up! 

It was a good evening.

I believe that there was a lunch, but the travel days to qualify  was way high. I dont think that I would survive long enough to travel enough to be competitive with the 'free' lunch.  (insert gripe - especially since the bonus credit for people with more than 21 cruises was lost to COVID) 

• Like 1

On Discovery a few weeks ago, they announced the top 3 at the Captains Circle Party.

They did have the most traveled luncheon with tthe minimum number of days at least 450 days.

1 hour ago, Shaver John said:

Just curious, does Princess still have the luncheon for the 40 top traveler with the most days and or do they still celebrate the 3 travelers by number of travel days at the Captains party? Please let me know. Did they do this on the Discovery Princess if you know.

Yes in the past few cruises we have been on.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirclean said:

In November on Discovery, they had a reception (Elite/Platinum) reception.  The most traveled people must live on ships!  Even the 3rd most had more than 2 years on a ship and were way behind the first! 

The first and second place people didnt even show up! 

It was a good evening.

I believe that there was a lunch, but the travel days to qualify  was way high. I dont think that I would survive long enough to travel enough to be competitive with the 'free' lunch.  (insert gripe - especially since the bonus credit for people with more than 21 cruises was lost to COVID) 

When you say the first and second place people did not show up ,I’m assuming you mean to the captains circle party. Sometimes / almost always there’s more than one captains circle party, so maybe if they weren’t at yours ,they were at another one ?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

Last February on the Majestic from LA the most travelled had 3000 days. They had cruised on the original Pacific Princess in 1977. There were many California locals on that cruise including the most travelled who told us they had been on for quite a few months. DH and I were wondering if they go every week and get the same “most travelled” recognition over and over again? 

• Like 1

On a recent cruise the same person had been most traveled for the previous 6 cruises ans was on board for the next 4.

45 minutes ago, ldtr said:

On a recent cruise the same person had been most traveled for the previous 6 cruises ans was on board for the next 4.

Were you perhaps sailing on Ruby Princess?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Were you perhaps sailing on Ruby Princess?

No Discovery

Last year on the Majestic we ran into a couple that was most traveled on 3 cruises in a row and also ran into them on the Crown a couple of weeks later.

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

On the Enchanted the cutoff for the lunche was around 630days or so.

I did hear that they luncheons or cocktail party for 4 day cruises has been eliminated. 

They hadn’t had those in years, long before COVID. The top 10 (I think) used to get a specialty dining dinner instead. 

• Like 1

MexRiv loops are the new Condo in Acapulco for Californians of a certain age.  While I’m feeling smug about packing in 60-70 nights in the dismal season, they’re extending their leads by 120+. 

The lunches were in the high 400s-low 500s on Disco recently. 

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They hadn’t had those in years, long before COVID. The top 10 (I think) used to get a specialty dining dinner instead. 

Not that I know anything certain but it's what I've been reading lately.

The one and only 4 day cruise I've been on we got a dinner, but that was some time ago. 

We were invited to our first lunch on the December 18-28, 2022 Caribbean Princess cruise to the Panama Canal. We may never get invited again as we only have 259 days. It was wonderful! I chose to have the confit of sea bass. It was the best fish I have ever eaten.