Glitch on Celebrity web site? Keeps adding Gratuities to my booking

GreenDice

I had no luck so far with the search function. Please redirect if this is already covered.

I just booked a AquaClass cabin on Edge's 09/20/2024 cruise. I checked the booking on Celebrity web site. It keeps adding Gratuities to my reservation. Despite removing it myself, it just kept coming back the next morning. It drives me insane. My "vacation planner" is not as responsive as I wish.

Does anyone experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peter L.

Celebrity Cruises.png

Aqua and Suites are "all included."  As far as I know you cannot book without gratuities via the Web site.

I do not know if you can call and have them removed or if you have to wait until you are onboard.

I will not get into why you would want to remove gratuities. 

• Like 1

It added another $468 to the original booking total due amount. It needs to be removed as it is already part of the AquaClass cabin, as stated by everyone here. Is it okay to call the main phone number even I have a vacation planner assigned?

BTW, this is on their web site, not through the app.

Edited by GreenDice

We have had the same with our reservation. We called Celebrity and they said it should just drop off in the next couple of weeks. I am just keeping an eye for the next few weeks and then will call again if it’s still there. 

They deal with the included items with a charge and then a credit.  It can take 10 days to 2 weeks for these things to be credited correctly.   If you just booked.  Don't worry about it for 2 weeks.  If it's still a problem then call.

I had the exact same thing happen on my Aqua booking.  I had paid in full, and then a couple of days later, I got an email saying I had a past due amount on my invoice and it looked like they added the gratuity, drinks, and wifi as line items, but didn't credit the Gratuity out even though they had credited out the Drinks and Wifi.  Very stressful and frustrating because I kind of hate talking to Customer Service.  When I called the next day, the person told me that there was no amount due and I think she frankly didn't believe me even though I told her I have the email with the invoice saying I was past due on the remaining balance.  So I just asked if she could send me an email with the invoice that confirms that there was no balance due, which she did.

I figured it was their IT system basically not working smoothly, but the nasty email about the past due amount kind of freaked me out.

Well... at the end of the day, I'll be boarding my cruise on Saturday... 🙂

11 hours ago, GreenDice said:

I had no luck so far with the search function. Please redirect if this is already covered.

I just booked a AquaClass cabin on Edge's 09/20/2024 cruise. I checked the booking on Celebrity web site. It keeps adding Gratuities to my reservation. Despite removing it myself, it just kept coming back the next morning. It drives me insane. My "vacation planner" is not as responsive as I wish.

Does anyone experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peter L.

Celebrity Cruises.png

I've experienced this.  If you've JUST booked, wait a few days, the system will remove the gratuities.

You're best off not looking at that and looking at your actual invoice.  If they haven't sent you one, contact them and ask for it.  I've cruised many times with Celebrity and can't understand why they make this so confusing.  

1 minute ago, Julma said:

You're best off not looking at that and looking at your actual invoice.  If they haven't sent you one, contact them and ask for it.  I've cruised many times with Celebrity and can't understand why they make this so confusing.  

That's true.  I've had confirmed booking invoices which are correct, but the onsite info isn't.  The system is slow to update.

25 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

Looks like the Celebrity booking system finally resolved the discrepancy it created. The booking total due dropped to the original amount. I hope it stays this way for another 558 days...

Always has for me....it's the Gratuities they have an 'odd' online accounting for;  after a few days it's deducted.  Go by your booking confirmation invoice and if/when you make changes and the site differs call your agent for an explanation.