Port of San Juan

lhlm75

Good Morning, 

I’m cruising next month on the Epic. My DH and I are embarking at the port of San Juan. The ship is leaving Port at 7 PM. What is the earliest time for me to check in at port? I am a platinum, the last time I cruised I did not have a check in time and always cruised out of New York. This is the first time that I am embarking in the port of San Juan. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, lhlm75 said:

Good Morning, 

I’m cruising next month on the Epic. My DH and I are embarking at the port of San Juan. The ship is leaving Port at 7 PM. What is the earliest time for me to check in at port? I am a platinum, the last time I cruised I did not have a check in time and always cruised out of New York. This is the first time that I am embarking in the port of San Juan. Thank you.

Did you "check-in" online with NCL and secure your arrival time slot?

The earliest we've been able to get in line was around 9 am. Just realize that it will likely still be chaotic at the San Juan port, the earlier you go!

We were on the February 26 cruise. We got to the port around 10 to avoid any traffic. We were in the Haven and sat in the designated waiting area. The ship did not start boarding until after 11:00. The waiting area inside was full. I'm not sure if there were lines outside at that point or not.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

We were on the February 26 cruise. We got to the port around 10 to avoid any traffic. We were in the Haven and sat in the designated waiting area. The ship did not start boarding until after 11:00. The waiting area inside was full. I'm not sure if there were lines outside at that point or not.

Did they provide any drinks/snacks in the Haven waiting area?

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

Did you "check-in" online with NCL and secure your arrival time slot?

The earliest we've been able to get in line was around 9 am. Just realize that it will likely still be chaotic at the San Juan port, the earlier you go!

I’m 35 days out, won’t let me check in. I’m staying in old San Juan the day before, I’m checking out of the hotel around 11am. I’m 3 min walk to the port, just wanted to see it I have time to eat a snack  before boarding. 

12 minutes ago, lhlm75 said:

I’m 35 days out, won’t let me check in. I’m staying in old San Juan the day before, I’m checking out of the hotel around 11am. I’m 3 min walk to the port, just wanted to see it I have time to eat a snack  before boarding. 

I’m pretty sure you aren’t a three minute walk to port. You will embark at the Pan American port and not Old San Juan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lhlm75 said:

Just making sure you realize the ships embark at Pan American Pier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lhlm75 said:

The Epic sails out of the Pan Am pier, definitely not walkable!! 😳

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, lhlm75 said:

Good Morning, 

So, exactly 21 days prior to departure (when the count down clock on your app/MyNCL account ticks to 21) check-in online and select your time to arrive at the port. Online check-in opens on Day 21, 12 midnight eastern time. By the next day, all of the early check-in times will be sold out,,, so stay up and check-in (lots of your fellow passengers will be up at midnight). You need your passport information, emergency contact information (someone on land to call in case of emergency onboard), photos (face straight on, no glasses, white/solid wall as background, shoulders up - basically a passport photo), credit card. 

Also, watch for entertainment reservations to open 21 days prior to cruise also. (I don't remember if Platinum qualifies for the 26 day reservation window).

Edited by BirdTravels

we were also on the February 26th sailing.  We got to the port about 1130 and we were on board in 45 minutes (perhaps slightly less).  There is nowhere to sit if you are not Haven and the majority of the line is outside.  It could be a challenge if you have mobility issues.  

Two things . If your staying at the Hyatt House across the street , definitely walkable ( 12 minutes ) When you get inline and approach the building theres a sign for Haven . If your are Sapphire ,Diamond ect and Not in Have Use that same line as haven . When there I asked where is  Priority boarding , they shrugged and said same as Haven line  , but no indication of such . Glad I did , it saved us a bunch time .  Good luck

1 hour ago, CaptainSailPants said:

Two things . If your staying at the Hyatt House across the street , definitely walkable ( 12 minutes )

The OP said they're staying in Old San Juan so they're not at the Hyatt House and they're not within walking distance of the cruise terminal.

16 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The OP said they're staying in Old San Juan so they're not at the Hyatt House and they're not within walking distance of the cruise terminal.

I actually was looking to change to Hyatt house, but DH said it’s been years since we played tourist in old San Juan (native PR here). We are staying in a little hotel in the heart of the walled city. We will just take a cab to port in the morning. Thank you anyways, I confused which port we are sailing from. No biggie. Thanks 😊 

• Like 1