Rci out of San Juan?

Did RCI stop going out of San Juan PR. Trying to find a RCI cruise out of San Juan PR for Oct 2024? I have not found anything going out of San Juan for 2024.WE did the Southern ports out of San Juan several years ago on the RCI Freedom. Thanks

5 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Did RCI stop going out of San Juan PR. Trying to find a RCI cruise out of San Juan PR for Oct 2024? I have not found anything going out of San Juan for 2024.WE did the Southern ports out of San Juan several years ago on the RCI Freedom. Thanks

Not sure where you're looking but on RCI's web site I can see cruises out of San Juan in every month of 2024.

34 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I wish they'd put bigger ships in San Juan. I liked when they had the Freedom there. Sometimes they have a Voyager class ship, but they most often have the smaller ships there. Even though those routes are port heavy, I'd still prefer a better ship. 

They have trouble filling bigger ships. They heavily discount fares to do so. It's all about the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I wish they'd put bigger ships in San Juan. I liked when they had the Freedom there. Sometimes they have a Voyager class ship, but they most often have the smaller ships there. Even though those routes are port heavy, I'd still prefer a better ship. 

We have sailed Voyager class out of San Juan many times. There seems to be a smaller ship (Radiance Class) and a larger (Voyager Class) in the October - April time frame.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

15 hours ago, mets123 said:

They have trouble filling bigger ships. They heavily discount fares to do so. It's all about the money.

So three points:

1. Southern Caribbean itineraries are port-intensive, with generally 5-6 port days on a 7-day cruise out of San Juan.  With that many port days, there's a big opportunity cost in deploying an Oasis or Quantum class ship on a itinerary where pax aren't going to be onboard during most days to spend money on all the goods and services the newest ships have to offer.

2. For most US passengers it's much more expensive to fly to San Juan to board a cruise vs. let's say Florida. This reduces demand, which then requires RC to discount fares, especially for PR residents, to sail full.

3. Not sure if Oasis or Quantum class ships can we even dock in all of the common southern Caribbean ports.

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

Voyager last month B2B had around 50% locals onboard.  We like sailing out of there (more/farther south islands) but getting there is much more expensive these days.

We started cruising out of San Juan in 2009. Our RT flight this year were cheaper than any year prior. I can't explain why but I'll take it.