MoveUp opens 21 or 30 days prior to sailing - which is it?

Canuker

Here's one quote from X's website about MoveUp: "...allows you to bid on a cruise stateroom upgrade...Eligible reservations on all Celebrity Cruise ships within 30 days of departure date".

Here's another: "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 21 days".

Which is it? 21 or 30?

5 hours ago, Canuker said:

Here's one quote from X's website about MoveUp: "...allows you to bid on a cruise stateroom upgrade...Eligible reservations on all Celebrity Cruise ships within 30 days of departure date".

Here's another: "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 21 days".

Which is it? 21 or 30?

I read it that you are eligible to bid within the 30 days of sailing (opens up 30 days and sometimes more in my experience), but your actual sailing date is within 21 days of bidding not less.  On X online, I've checked the move up site and I was allowed to bid 6 wks. before my cruise, but if my sailing date was 10 days away, I couldn't bid (ship berth planning purposes).  Still sounds confusing I know. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

See post #6

I guess I was unclear...there's a way to access Move Up on the X site without having to receive an email....

• Under Manage Trip (beside Sign In),
  • Click on Upgrade With Move Up. 
  • After entering your info, you may be able to input your move up requests. 

5 minutes ago, DesertRat46 said:

When I attempted to bid on a 20 April cruise, the webpage said I had to wait until 21 day out.

When I tried (even within the 21 day period), I kept getting the same message. I emailed via the address supplied and was sent an email containing the move up application. The minimum bids were too high for me to even contemplate bidding. ($2,050 pp from Concierge sunset cabin to Sky Suite for 11 days).

Our cruise is April 15, 2023.  I received the email for the Move Up on January 30, 2023 and bid the same day.  My Move Up bid went "pending" on February 14, 2023 and no ability to modify or cancel it.  Not feeling too hopeful as I have read that "pending" does not mean your bid was accepted.

30 minutes ago, spammie said:

Our cruise is April 15, 2023.  I received the email for the Move Up on January 30, 2023 and bid the same day.  My Move Up bid went "pending" on February 14, 2023 and no ability to modify or cancel it.  Not feeling too hopeful as I have read that "pending" does not mean your bid was accepted.

What was the status of your bid prior to 2/14?  In my experience most bids are pending.  
assuming you called up the bid correctly, the fact that you cannot modify or cancel it is encouraging.  If you have other bids that have expired that would be even more encourage.

Make sure you are using the email that they send to you after you made your bid to check the status.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I guess I was unclear...there's a way to access Move Up on the X site without having to receive an email....

• Under Manage Trip (beside Sign In),
  • Click on Upgrade With Move Up. 
  • After entering your info, you may be able to input your move up requests. 

My answer was perfect clear , when I did go to see if I was eligible it wrote back  to make sure I was within the 21 day window 😉

Really depends on the cruise. 

I'm on a B3B and the first cruise opened at 60 days prior to cruise the others still have not opened.

BTW - you don't need an invite to bid.  Just go to the link below and check.    Some TA like the Big Box store do not participate. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spammie said:

Not necessarily..."usually" pending then freeze means your bid is likely accepted.  🤞

27 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

My answer was perfect clear , when I did go to see if I was eligible it wrote back  to make sure I was within the 21 day window 😉

Your 2nd post told me to check post #6...I was answering post #5 not #6 as I hadn't seen that yet and was only trying to help.  Sorry if "I" was misunderstood.  Seems some have to wait for 21 days and others don't.  Must be a reason none of us see as logical. 

Edited by Oceangoer2

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really depends on the cruise. 

I'm on a B3B and the first cruise opened at 60 days prior to cruise the others still have not opened.

BTW - you don't need an invite to bid.  Just go to the link below and check.    Some TA like the Big Box store do not participate. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

I had the same response to his/her query in post #5.  From his/her reply to me he's tried this and message was "within 21 days to bid" as others have said.  Fine print does say, however..."on eligible cruises".  Some are able to access sooner and others not.  My ability to bid was approx 6 weeks prior to sailing date on 2 occasions....no idea why it was earlier than the program date stipulated. 

2 hours ago, spammie said:

My experience is that seeing "Pending" can be caused in the method you use to check your bid.   If you enter by using the Move-Up bid page all bids will show Pending.    Usually only one will allow you to modify.   This is normal.

If you however check by using the link from your confirmation usually all will be able to be modified or cancelled.   If on this page all go declined and one is Pending without the ability to cancel or change this is usually an indication you may have one an upgrade and you will usually get confirmation within a day or two.   Your first notification will be your charge card being charged.   I use notifications an usually get a text from bank immediately of anything over $100.

• Thanks 1