Can I buy a bottle of wine for room?

Crusin Karen

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  I did a search for almost an hour.  Crazy topics popped up none of which had anything to do with wine lol.  I know you can't order a bottle of booze for your room anymore.  If I bought a bottle of wine say in the MDR, would I be able to take the bottle back to my room?  TIA

18 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  I did a search for almost an hour.  Crazy topics popped up none of which had anything to do with wine lol.  I know you can't order a bottle of booze for your room anymore.  If I bought a bottle of wine say in the MDR, would I be able to take the bottle back to my room?  TIA

Carnival changed the rules … again. You are allowed to pre-order 1 bottle for the room. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VIFP1987 said:

Carnival changed the rules … again. You are allowed to pre-order 1 bottle for the room. 

Cruise isn't until June.  Plenty of time for them to re-reverse rules and I can't hold my breath that long lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

I can't order a bottle of rum for my 5 day cruise this May.  Not available on my Cruise Manager.  Just checked my 7 day cruise and it's available there at a crazy expensive rate.  Yikes!!

Edited by ninjacat123

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Just checked my 7 day cruise and it's available there at a crazy expensive rate.

😐 You aint just whistling Dixie.😲

5 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

You can also carry on 1 bottle of wine per adult.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

Yeah, if you want to give up your firstborn you can get that bottle of booze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I think still cheaper than paying by the drink.

It might be a bit cheaper still but not much now. 135 dollar bottle with 18% delivery fee comes to 160 dollars divided by 22.5 shots in a liter comes out to $7.08 per shot. I don't know what a typical shot costs on Carnival.

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

It might be a bit cheaper still but not much now. 135 dollar bottle with 18% delivery fee comes to 160 dollars divided by 22.5 shots in a liter comes out to $7.08 per shot. I don't know what a typical shot costs on Carnival.

I calculated the same number and it is cheaper than a drink from the bar but having to go back to your room, have the mixer and ice, over pour your shot (so the bottle doesn't last as long) and only have one type of drink...I still say yikes!!🙃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I calculated the same number and it is cheaper than a drink from the bar but having to go back to your room, have the mixer and ice, over pour your shot (so the bottle doesn't last as long) and only have one type of drink...I still say yikes!!🙃

Divide out the cost of a six pack of soda or other mixer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Don't forget that at the bar you can make it a double for only $4 more. 😀

• Like 2

We were just on the Mardi Gras-carried on 4 bottles of wine (2 pp)

I did see a lady buy a bottle of J Lohr Cabernet from the Magnolia bar (retails for about $12) Carnival price $47 plus gratuity

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LPut714 said:

Interesting - the rule is one per person: 

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750-ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. "

But since people travel in pairs, they expect to see two bottles, and if you both have it but go through different lines they won't know who was supposed to have what, I guess.

Or they don't really care, maybe.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, ninjacat123 said:

I can't order a bottle of rum for my 5 day cruise this May.  Not available on my Cruise Manager.  Just checked my 7 day cruise and it's available there at a crazy expensive rate.  Yikes!!

My wife ordered a bottle of scotch for our room for me. I saw the price and told her she didn't need to order a case and she told me that was one bottle......Ouch! Still glad she did.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, LPut714 said:

I did see a lady buy a bottle of J Lohr Cabernet from the Magnolia bar (retails for about $12) Carnival price $47 plus gratuity

5 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Interesting - the rule is one per person: 

"Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750-ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. "

But since people travel in pairs, they expect to see two bottles, and if you both have it but go through different lines they won't know who was supposed to have what, I guess.

Or they don't really care, maybe.

23 hours ago, LPut714 said:

Hmmmm.....I'm traveling solo.  Wonder if I put 2 bottles in my carry on and said one is for my companion who's meeting me on the ship. .  I AM actually paying for 2 passengers. 

• Like 1