LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don’t tempt me!!  That said, I’ve made so many friends with bartenders, servers and entertainers on the Bliss that I would feel like I was “cheating” on them. 

Last night my new good friends in Siglo dedicated their first public performance ever of Purple Rain to me and DW.  It was fantastic!!  They told the audience that they had learned it while we were all watching the glaciers. Thanks friends!!😎

(I knew they had been working on it but we didn’t know when they would be ready)

That is COOL!

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And…we’re off.  My least favorite Alaska port.   But, we also didn’t spend much time here…

I have a couple of  cruise next certs left.  I REALLY want to try Prima.   Those fares are pretty pricey because the ship is new.  May let that marinate a bit.

Also, hot to go back to the Mediterranean.

Will see!

Stop by the cruise next desk and asked them about the Viva sailings, we booked the 11/6/23 cruise while aboard the Escape. The price was about 15% less plus a balcony upgrade. The total price without the DSC is $165 pp. Then bought 2 cruise next which saved us an additional $250

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That is COOL!

It was😎.

Also, a shout out to the Heartbreakers. They played some of the more pop Elvis one night and I suggested a few others after the performance. They told me they might have to work on it a bit. Today, I found a front row seat in a rare afternoon Atrium performance. They saw me, said they had found it, and proceeded to play an outstanding “suspicious minds.”  I think some in the pop-numbed audience were actually shocked to experience real good music. 

A little known fact: 🐀‘s love good music. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It was😎.

Also, a shout out to the Heartbreakers. They played some of the more pop Elvis one night and I suggested a few others after the performance. They told me they might have to work on it a bit. Today, I found a front row seat in a rare afternoon Atrium performance. They saw me, said they had found it, and proceeded to play an outstanding “suspicious minds.”  I think some in the pop-numbed audience were actually shocked to experience real good music. 

I need to stay on board when it’s raining!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

And…we’re off.  My least favorite Alaska port.   But, we also didn’t spend much time here…

I have a couple of  cruise next certs left.  I REALLY want to try Prima.   Those fares are pretty pricey because the ship is new.  May let that marinate a bit.

Also, hot to go back to the Mediterranean.

Will see!

Come along on the Viva Transatlantic from Lisbon to Miami Nov 16-27 - the prices have dropped and it’s going on the southerly route - warm days to enjoy the outside decks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

I have a friend doing the Viva's Transatlantic in November.  I would think that Crossing will be chilly for a good part of it.

Not quite chilly as she is going on the southerly route - warm days!

Prima went on the northerly route - too chilly. Viva was supposed to go to New York from Lisbon, but changed itinerary to go to Miami via the Caribbean! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Will keep you posted.  I think it starts in a couple of hours.

NFL Draft started about 30 minutes ago. Carolina Panthers selected Quarterback Bryce Young from Alabama as the NUMBER ONE Selection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It was😎.

My dad loves Elvis!  He loves the oldies where he can actually hear what the words are.  He used to go to all the concerts in the 1950s in Bristol. One time he went to the Everly Brothers but one got sick so he saw the Everly Brother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I have a friend doing the Viva's Transatlantic in November.  I would think that Crossing will be chilly for a good part of it.

It's now more of a southern route, with stops in St Thomas and Puerto Plata. Then ending up in Miami instead of NYC. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

My dad loves Elvis!  He loves the oldies where he can actually hear what the words are.  He used to go to all the concerts in the 1950s in Bristol. One time he went to the Everly Brothers but one got sick so he saw the Everly Brother.

There's a band I know a few members of and when they played the main music venue in my village one of the brothers was too hoarse to sing as he'd won a boxing tournament the day before, so his (former pro rugby player) brother had to take lead on almost ALL the songs and their pianist had to do one as well. The two brothers are the main vocalists for that band but have very different voices while the other 3 do backing vocals and all of them play one or more instruments. These are lads who encourage fans to send glasses of Jameson Whiskey to the stage to show your appreciation. 

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don’t tempt me!!  That said, I’ve made so many friends with bartenders, servers and entertainers on the Bliss that I would feel like I was “cheating” on them. 

Is one of them named Carlo? He was a waiter/bartender in the District and at the pool for our Panama Canal trip on the Bliss a couple years ago. A total character who almost single-handedly made our trip.