LIVE— Norwaylady goes b2b on Sil 27.March to 10.April in the Caribbean

Norwaylady

Dinner tonight was good. Once again, the crew are doing a great job. Lina and Glory is a good team. 

Chef’s has been excellent and on the  the entire cruise.

Pastry chefs had been working their socks off for the buffet decoration🐣🐣🐣 for lunch service today. It must have taken them several days to prepare everything. 

Really strange not to mention this in the cruise compass….😔 for new cruisers or people that normally don’t eat buffet…. They missed this show and beautiful Easter celebration🐣🐣🐣 

Today’s menu:

Chilled coconut soup 

CEFFF484-0FDA-460D-BE10-EB9C7D4E1374.thumb.jpeg.5f00727f7a347cb00a7ceb43c3959bbd.jpeg

🦐 Louis 

3C826436-BB40-46EF-8F47-DC96EFEA3C73.thumb.jpeg.7e7a7160c46a4d862f1bd88dad9b1f4e.jpeg

Beetroot salad 

D056836E-6ACB-43C3-B8E2-4280574FB290.thumb.jpeg.8297460e3cba46e5d1bdcdf0d0d5f29b.jpeg

Jerk chicken 

21C69297-85D7-42E2-B2D5-249AA7481258.thumb.jpeg.1f36e96396e2df80645710a8b4051626.jpeg

Ravioli 

5B375844-1092-44E1-976C-F9A60623EDAB.thumb.jpeg.968570e1c75c0c9ac82b5d8d960f23d0.jpeg

Ice cream 

Apple pie

D6AF786C-B6B0-4363-98D4-DC5DB09231D0.thumb.jpeg.91d2c3bdf6b36edbac0c36be8508959d.jpeg

After dinner it was time for bed😴

• Like 4

Last breakfast onboard🍴

We always do mdr breakfast the last morning. 

Mr had the fruit plate and eggs Benedict. 
7865EE16-F41D-4212-ABEE-EB8DB6E3D8E0.thumb.jpeg.0f3bea0f5ca091c76ee5e6faa2123162.jpeg

I had my guilty pleasure, poached eggs on salmon and English muffin. 

4EAF1D84-768E-4F22-A27B-814769F4BF8B.thumb.jpeg.099f97cffab601fd694323a593d4f509.jpeg

Everything tasted excellent and the eggs was perfectly cooked. 

Service was good and the food arrived quickly. 

8904C296-5B63-446B-A234-B61177364D0D.thumb.jpeg.a49e88306bb95760d6e5c5901ff91022.jpeg

1802FFF5-9668-424C-8656-02518D4B1FA7.thumb.jpeg.2c133e7496aefbdf70f5465f08582619.jpeg

We went upstairs around 08.00 to the concierge waiting area on deck 4 after breakfast. 

They have danish and coffee self service. 

Our number was called 08.25 just as planned. 

Walking off and ready to order Lyft after 15.min. 

Lyft and Uber was super busy🤪🤪🤪 5 ships in port today. 

So we had to wait around 30.min for our car. 

Took 25.min by car to the hotel. 

We are staying post cruise at 80sixty hotel for 2.nights. 

We have dropped off the bags and are out for a walk down to Miami South Beach. 

Good temperature for a walk and some drizzle off/on. 

I will give a final verdict on our cruise and hotel after check in😎

Trip report on SK will arrive✈️

• Like 12

Oh lala….

Weather is really not the best… but we have been on a long walk. Umbrella  and roofing helps😂😂😂

We have just returned to our hotel Sixty80 and checked in. 

We walked from our hotel to South point pier on the ocean walk. (Plan was to make a video of departing cruises today… but the weather is definitely not cooperating😜) So a decent walk. It’s a great walking path and it’s nice when you arrive down on South Beach/art deco district. 

We picked up a sandwich on the way and hoping for the best… 

Unfortunately is started to really pouring down when we were at Smith & Wollensky… 

So we hoped for lighter rain… but after 30.min and nothing else, we decided it was time to order a Lyft to our hotel. 

So we could check in. 

Check in went well, quick and easy. It’s a Starbucks in the lobby area. So they give you a 10% discount card for this location. 

Our room/studio is a Penthouse room. It’s located on the top floor. 

It has a private balcony and you can walk to the pool easily on the same floor. 

It has a kitchenette. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer. Microwave and an oven.

C7B3027D-B965-41FB-A2D0-8B369B397A32.thumb.jpeg.8b084398cd20ba7e4a2f52d3bd5708bc.jpeg

281BEBFD-CD99-4AA0-9208-3772CF4FA091.thumb.jpeg.e7e2c837cd917bb163043ce33ab8c078.jpeg

49D0CBD1-4212-41FC-9D70-EA95638AC860.thumb.jpeg.a521781f34d627090a576acf08dd0c37.jpeg

2A45C34A-D1FC-4A7D-A40B-86360D20826E.thumb.jpeg.1ee6b23bce0923c9c1cd548b591afa72.jpeg

A55BEEF8-8758-4B9E-8345-714AE5186B30.thumb.jpeg.ecef15926e790a7eb48bfb53f98c6d4c.jpeg

Our room has a view on the Allison island. It’s very bright and light. 

As of know it’s seems very good. More satisfying for the room than our pre cruise stay. Very fresh and clean. 

After the long walk, Mr wanted to try the pool. 

So as the biggest kid in town, he run to the room after checking in. Emptying his backpack for the bathing shorts and running away to the pool😂😝🤪🤣

95563A71-2B0E-4EC4-AC77-3CC085BB6FF7.thumb.jpeg.ac7dcfcda50d839bbae10f6cb831d698.jpeg

There not bad weather conditions Just a little drizzle😂😂 according to Mr northern Norway 🇳🇴😁

Butler Norwaylady make sure the beers are put in the cooler and standby for towel service😜😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Really enjoyed your reviews.We we’re on your 10 day cruise and recall seeing you and ‘Mr’ in Tuscan for Breakfast.Also may have seen you in San Juan in bar.
Have a safe journey home to Norway.We really enjoyed this cruise and the weather was great!

• Thanks 1

Very much enjoyed your review.   My husband also enjoys the jerk chicken and we always have breakfast in the main dining room the last day.  A wonderful way to end a cruise.  Safe journey home.

• Thanks 1

I just read the entire thread, as I've been off CC for a while (cruise followed by Iguazu Falls).  I'm glad you had fun, and thanks for the cucumber salad recipe.  A favorite restaurant that's long gone was a Danish Deli and the owner made the best roast beef sandwich ever, and served it with a side of cucumber salad.  It may be the same, or similar to yours.  Now if I can just get DH to make it for me.

Thanks again, and good for you for staying up to date.  As you know, it's not my strong point.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately the reality kicked in😝

Someone needs to cook and fix….

Well, Mr wanted to have dinner at home and just taking it easy…. 

So it was time for a new walk😅 

It stopped raining and Mr was very optimistic. 

So then it was off to Publix. Nearest is 1km away. 
6EA458EF-048B-4BD7-8A02-486E0E3C366E.thumb.jpeg.5281b25e79f463292aa752473d75fa26.jpeg

It started to drizzle again just before we arrived at the store…… (fingers crossed it’s stopped) 

Mmmmm no😝

75C75FBB-FC34-401E-8F76-C3F38CE6CCF7.thumb.jpeg.977a98d5530cd7c46b24a0e62f79705d.jpeg

Well, and ordinary day at home in autumn season🤣🤣🤣 (but again, it’s warm and you can wear a shorts 🩳) 

Today’s canapés did not arrive….🤔 did I forget to update the new stateroom number? 

Anyway, today’s menu: 

Garden salad with roasted nuts and dried pears. Blue cheese vinaigrette. 

Chicken drumsticks. 

Guacamole and salsa nachos. 

058F27E4-A507-4E59-9457-DE1604BE6182.thumb.jpeg.16b1835d51844e38333b9d80b2ff7acf.jpeg

After dinner it was time for today’s show. 

The final episode of the block renovation on 📺….. it was lacking a little power and some more groove. No live orchestra or anything🙄

Mr fell asleep half way thru the show😴😴😴 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, seaview7 said:

Really enjoyed your reviews.We we’re on your 10 day cruise and recall seeing you and ‘Mr’ in Tuscan for Breakfast.Also may have seen you in San Juan in bar.
Have a safe journey home to Norway.We really enjoyed this cruise and the weather was great!

Thank you❤️ 

Don’t hesitate to contact us, say hello or anything if you are onboard️ when we are❤️ 

We don’t bite and we speak English🥰

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I just read the entire thread, as I've been off CC for a while (cruise followed by Iguazu Falls).  I'm glad you had fun, and thanks for the cucumber salad recipe.  A favorite restaurant that's long gone was a Danish Deli and the owner made the best roast beef sandwich ever, and served it with a side of cucumber salad.  It may be the same, or similar to yours.  Now if I can just get DH to make it for me.

Thanks again, and good for you for staying up to date.  As you know, it's not my strong point.

I have followed you adventure on infinity❤️

it looks like a great sailing️ Mr really want a sailing in that area. 

(For Mr 40 years birthday we were booked on AZ for a 26-n sailing going from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires… as everything else it was cancelled, no party, no trip) So we have it on our list🙃 that route was perfect for our wishes…. So I’m keeping an eye for something similar.

• Like 1

Overall cruise experience 

Final words for our b2b experience….

Did we have a good time? YES

Did we love our adventure? YES

Did we love the balcony on the bend? YES

Did we enjoy the food in mdr? YES

Did we enjoy the lunch in OVC? YES

Did we enjoy the coffee in Al Bacio? YES

Did we enjoy the crew? YES

Did we enjoy the live music? YES

The list of YES is long🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

So we had a good time❤️

Is Sil the favourite ship? No, Connie is still the leader. It’s the floor plan on Millennium class. It’s just something about it🤩

The crew on Sil is really  Stars  

Only thing we can put a finger onto is the beyond the podium speaker and the mix of entertainment in the theatre. (Not in a very Bad way or unhappy, just lacking that extra touch) it’s a very private preference, so it’s good. But my cup of tea wanted some other leaf’s then what they served for some days. 

CeCe Teneal and almost Elton is a big winner for this cruise. 

Matthew McGurk is good, but 2 shows during the 10 days+ magic school was a bit to much. And then again on the 4 days sailing, show+ magic school. 

I was really hoping for AJ Amal or someone else of the fabulous stand-up guests we have had earlier. It wasn’t bad or out of line for me, it’s was just not that funny….. 

(the best cruise for stand-up was our Bermuda cruise on Summit..🤣🤣🤣 I laughed so hard during that cruise, my muscles was in pain for a week after that sailing) 

Will we sail X again? YES

Do we miss the CruiseCritic Connection party? YES

I really enjoyed when they hosted the party. You can meet your fellow CC traveller’s and put a face on the name. 

It’s also a bit social. 

Since we don’t fit the box 100% (I must say, on the 4-days sailing we were almost dusty compared to our fellow passengers🤣🤣🤣) 

Because then people know that we are onboard as multiple cruisers and that we are open for chatting. (We are not on our honeymoon❤️🤣) 

Are we tired of Caribbean cruises? Tja, YES and NO😅😎 

It’s very easy going. We know what we get and it’s really no need for “big” planning in advance…. ( but Norwaylady really enjoy the process of planning a full holiday including pre and post cruise plans) So we have a b2b Caribbean booked for 2024… 

It’s on a ship we know very well, EQ. 

if Asia is more open for cruises, I’m very tempted to change it to an Asian adventure instead(but it needs to be the correct itinerary)😁(it’s just important that it must fit a specific timeframe) 

Or maybe we can push the frame a bit and do a Alaska adventure in May?🤔😅

I seriously need to feel a bit on this.

What’s up next? 

Norwaylady is bringing the Queen, aka my mother on Infinity in May/June for a Mediterranean cruise. We will start in Barcelona and end up in Ravenna. 

Norwaylady and Mr are booked on the famous Edge sailing from Rome to Sydney. 

We are only doing the 2-first parts of the trip. So we will sail from Rome to Singapore. 

It will be a great adventure passing Suez Channel and have some great ports of call in Sri Lanka and India. 

Really looking forward to this😎❤️

Between this, we will be home for work and some travel in Europe and Scandinavia. Lots of “big” things going on in the family, so this occupies us a lot during this period.

CCA5BE1D-0360-48C5-AA25-478F13C360BD.thumb.jpeg.d9ee144cbdf97970a3592ad738eafb4b.jpeg

Thank you for everyone following along our journey❤️ 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

Overall cruise experience 

Final words for our b2b experience….

Did we have a good time? YES

Did we love our adventure? YES

Did we love the balcony on the bend? YES

Did we enjoy the food in mdr? YES

Did we enjoy the lunch in OVC? YES

Did we enjoy the coffee in Al Bacio? YES

Did we enjoy the crew? YES

Did we enjoy the live music? YES

The list of YES is long🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

So we had a good time❤️

Is Sil the favourite ship? No, Connie is still the leader. It’s the floor plan on Millennium class. It’s just something about it🤩

The crew on Sil is really  Stars  

Only thing we can put a finger onto is the beyond the podium speaker and the mix of entertainment in the theatre. (Not in a very Bad way or unhappy, just lacking that extra touch) it’s a very private preference, so it’s good. But my cup of tea wanted some other leaf’s then what they served for some days. 

CeCe Teneal and almost Elton is a big winner for this cruise. 

Matthew McGurk is good, but 2 shows during the 10 days+ magic school was a bit to much. And then again on the 4 days sailing, show+ magic school. 

I was really hoping for AJ Amal or someone else of the fabulous stand-up guests we have had earlier. It wasn’t bad or out of line for me, it’s was just not that funny….. 

(the best cruise for stand-up was our Bermuda cruise on Summit..🤣🤣🤣 I laughed so hard during that cruise, my muscles was in pain for a week after that sailing) 

Will we sail X again? YES

Do we miss the CruiseCritic Connection party? YES

I really enjoyed when they hosted the party. You can meet your fellow CC traveller’s and put a face on the name. 

It’s also a bit social. 

Since we don’t fit the box 100% (I must say, on the 4-days sailing we were almost dusty compared to our fellow passengers🤣🤣🤣) 

Because then people know that we are onboard as multiple cruisers and that we are open for chatting. (We are not on our honeymoon❤️🤣) 

Are we tired of Caribbean cruises? Tja, YES and NO😅😎 

It’s very easy going. We know what we get and it’s really no need for “big” planning in advance…. ( but Norwaylady really enjoy the process of planning a full holiday including pre and post cruise plans) So we have a b2b Caribbean booked for 2024… 

It’s on a ship we know very well, EQ. 

if Asia is more open for cruises, I’m very tempted to change it to an Asian adventure instead(but it needs to be the correct itinerary)😁(it’s just important that it must fit a specific timeframe) 

Or maybe we can push the frame a bit and do a Alaska adventure in May?🤔😅

I seriously need to feel a bit on this.

What’s up next? 

Norwaylady is bringing the Queen, aka my mother on Infinity in May/June for a Mediterranean cruise. We will start in Barcelona and end up in Ravenna. 

Norwaylady and Mr are booked on the famous Edge sailing from Rome to Sydney. 

We are only doing the 2-first parts of the trip. So we will sail from Rome to Singapore. 

It will be a great adventure passing Suez Channel and have some great ports of call in Sri Lanka and India. 

Really looking forward to this😎❤️

Between this, we will be home for work and some travel in Europe and Scandinavia. Lots of “big” things going on in the family, so this occupies us a lot during this period.

CCA5BE1D-0360-48C5-AA25-478F13C360BD.thumb.jpeg.d9ee144cbdf97970a3592ad738eafb4b.jpeg

Thank you for everyone following along our journey❤️ 

Thanks for all of your wonderful upbeat reports.  I’m intrigued by the “famous Edge sailing” from Rome to Sydney. I can’t find it on the website.  When is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for your well written live post.  I've been enjoying following along.

Looking forward to your upcoming cruise adventure🙌🏻🤩 

I will drown my post cruise sorrows in you and Ken the travelers adventure😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catgirl411 said:

Thanks for all of your wonderful upbeat reports.  I’m intrigued by the “famous Edge sailing” from Rome to Sydney. I can’t find it on the website.  When is it?

They are moving edge from Europe to down under for the 23/24 season🤩

So when they announced this, I said, let’s go🤣🤩🙌🏻 and I booked the first day it was open for booking. If you do all 4-b2b it’s a 52-night sailing. Non repetitive ports. 

The ship has been sold out almost since day 7-after booking opened. 
So from time to time someone cancels and it’s one room available and it’s visible on the web. 

We can only manage to get off work for the 2-first parts. Rome-Singapore. But we are very happy and excited for this. 

Originally we had a booking on AZ for Suez… as everything else, it was cancelled. So this is a cruise and route we have looked for. 
It’s really a route/type of cruise we know we enjoy. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

They are moving edge from Europe to down under for the 23/24 season🤩

So when they announced this, I said, let’s go🤣🤩🙌🏻 and I booked the first day it was open for booking. If you do all 4-b2b it’s a 52-night sailing. Non repetitive ports. 

The ship has been sold out almost since day 7-after booking opened. 
So from time to time someone cancels and it’s one room available and it’s visible on the web. 

We can only manage to get off work for the 2-first parts. Rome-Singapore. But we are very happy and excited for this. 

Originally we had a booking on AZ for Suez… as everything else, it was cancelled. So this is a cruise and route we have looked for. 
It’s really a route/type of cruise we know we enjoy. 

Sounds wonderful! We are booked on Reflection for a 14 day TA in Oct/Nov so it wouldn’t have worked for us anyways and there’s no way our 4 cats and our budget would have handled 52 days  away or even 2 legs but what a trip!  Enjoy!

• Like 1