Tips for Haven butlers

Nygal43

1 hour ago, Nygal43 said:

What is a decent gratuity for a 10 day cruise in the Haven for a butler. 

Whatever you chose to give.  There is no right, wring, usual, or recommended amount to tip.  What others give us 100% irrelevant.  Tip who you want, however much you want, any time you want .  They will not turn it down I promise you.

It amazes me how concerned people are about how others choose to spend their money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

It amazes me how concerned people are about how others choose to spend their money.

what makes you think the OP is concerned about how others choose to spend their money?

i'm pretty darn sure she has no such concern.

the OP is clearly concerned about she chooses to spend her money; she wishes to tip wisely and appropriately when traveling in the haven.

• Like 4

So all I can say is what I usually tip on a 7 day cruise. We give our butler $100 at beginning of cruise, and another $100 at the end. But since we will have 2 extra guest this April we will probobly go $200 at end 

4 hours ago, Nygal43 said:

We would tip $150-$200 for a 10-day. 

We would also tip the Concierge/Concierge Team

We would also tip our room steward for taking care of our suite (room steward is part of the daily service charge and our cash tip is above and beyond that). 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nygal43 said:

Butler is the appropriate term, no real need for the "haven" qualifier. Its not like there is a "balcony butler" to cause confuion...everyone knows where the butlers work.

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

everyone knows where the butlers work.

not everyone.

butlers can and do work outside of the haven in ordinary suites on some ships, for passengers that do not have access to the haven or on ships that do not have a haven.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UKstages said:

not everyone.

butlers can and do work outside of the haven in ordinary suites on some ships, for passengers that do not have access to the haven or on ships that do not have a haven.

So, then why haven't you given your response in a "Haven butlers get X and other butlers get Y" format?

UDOU

We just returned from an 11 day cruise on the Gem in a 2 bedroom suite. We had an ok butler, he delivered a pot of coffee one morning, the usual mid afternoon treats and one dinner, we tipped $200.  We also gave $200 to the concierge who was amazing, $50 to the suite restaurant host who was an absolute delight and $100 to our cabin steward. 

On 3/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, P_Mcruisers said:

We have tipped on the fist day of the cruise and the last day of the cruise. Also when we have a steward that is ending his contract we also tip him and then tip our new steward.

You bribed him on the first day.  You tipped on the last! 🙂

• Haha 2