Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

We got an Extraordinary Savings brochure in the mail yesterday, lighter paper than usual. It has a few non-sale voyages listed plus a whole bunch of the sale ones. Can't promise it's every sale voyage, not quite obsessed enough to double check (if the weather was bad I might already have done so lol). At least 2 sailings we were eying are on sale, woo-hoo!

Fares for three categories on each sailing are listed, and it's not the same 3 for each itinerary. I assume that reflects on part which categories are on sale and those vary a bit. Also the discounts aren't 100% uniform. 

Look honey how much money I saved us! :classic_biggrin:

Snapped up a June cruise on Nautica, this morning. Price for a PH1 about what we'd have expected to pay for a concierge cabin.

We're booking our own flights, as we have an airline voucher for a flight they cancelled so, effectively, we're flying for free. And the TA gave us a very small discount of their own.

I never thought I'd say this about O - but it's actually a cheap cruise. Relatively speaking, of course - a friend is booked on a Marella cruise at nearly half the price of our cruise.

so the way I understand it is that on line, the prices are still the same, NO saving..

to get the "extraordinary sale price" you have to call and speak to an O rep, or look at the booklet some got..

why so convoluted, why cant O just change what the prices are on line for all to see and ease of booking...

wish I had more time to book some more...we dont go away in the summer and already have 2 booked in sept and a long one in nov....and december

now to use the "best price guarantee" to get the sale price, then deal with the agent who will undoubtedly reduce the cash backs.....

difficult...hope it is worth it in the end....

I am of course referring to existing 3 bookings...not new bookings..

59 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

... to get the "extraordinary sale price" you have to call and speak to an O rep, or look at the booklet some got.. why so convoluted, why cant O just change what the prices are on line for all to see and ease of booking...now to use the "best price guarantee" to get the sale price, then deal with the agent who will undoubtedly reduce the cash backs.... difficult...hope it is worth it in the end...

Learned that after I booked our very first cruise with O in February 2021 (for a 12/2021 cruise). Two weeks later I saw the Presidents' Day Sale that dropped the price of cabins significantly. I had to call O and request the change (upgraded from a C1 to an A4 and saved $). When I mentioned essentially what you're discussing to the O rep, he just said that it is up to us, the customer, to watch for sales in the future. SO I've done that like a hawk ever since.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

o get the "extraordinary sale price" you have to call and speak to an O rep, or look at the booklet some got..

Seemingly not in my case. The cookies on O's website presumably knows that I'm in the UK, so always displays its prices in sterling.

So, for a PH1 on the cruise we just booked, it shows the brochure price as £6999 and the "promotional price" as £4187 which I calculate is a 40% discount which by any standard is, to me, an extraordinary saving.

wow...

yes have to watch...but even then very difficult....once you booked to have it apply to a new sale....have to keep repeating, "lowest price guarantee" but even that only applies to on board bookings...

you need to be a very savy O consumer to know all their ins and outs...

10 hours ago, ORV said:

From looking at some of these it seems that it's an either or situation. You can have the Extraordinary Saving, or you can have the O Ultimate, or you can have a Single Supplement, or you can have just O Life. I'm curious if there is any savings with any of these perks or if they are all normal price. Anyone with any input on this?

Yes, seems so. We were either able to get $141 pp/pd or exponentially more for each of the different benefits.

9 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

... you need to be a very savy O consumer to know all their ins and outs...

Thankfully that is why informed groups like this exist and share information. The second I heard about this sale here I was asking a question here and then calling O. Saved me $1300 just on one segment of our 2023 B2B and upgraded the cabin to boot!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

wow...

yes have to watch...but even then very difficult....once you booked to have it apply to a new sale....have to keep repeating, "lowest price guarantee" but even that only applies to on board bookings...

you need to be a very savy O consumer to know all their ins and outs...

The “low price” guarantee with “book onboards” requires your cabin class to have current availability. No availability = no price match.

30 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Thankfully that is why informed groups like this exist and share information. The second I heard about this sale here I was asking a question here and then calling O. Saved me $1300 just on one segment of our 2023 B2B and upgraded the cabin to boot!

amazing...that you are able to do this....I just do not have that kind of know how...but trying to learn as we have 6 O cruises going forward and are paying hefty prices for them....

O is our line of choice, hope it stays solvent...

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

amazing...that you are able to do this....I just do not have that kind of know how...but trying to learn as we have 6 O cruises going forward and are paying hefty prices for them.... O is our line of choice, hope it stays solvent...

Yes, at these prices I just pray I cruise before any serious financial problems! I mean, a Concierge A3 on Riviera for 10 nights at $1899 PP in late 2023? I thought I had a great deal at $2099 PP for a 10-night A4 on her in 12/2021 off a cabin-upgrade sale in early 2021.

Was a bit funny when I called the O rep I deal with (initials MP). She pulls up the booking and then says, "I see you booked this on (date) off (sale) and then you upgraded it on (date) off (sale)." So now I've got third date and third sale! If there is a better 4th, I'll do it. 🙂

well the O rep said I have to go through my TA to get the price...so here comes the run around...

last time I did that, the TA did not know anything about it, then said we would lose the deal we presently have...

I have never been able to benefit from a sale...very frustrating...

you guys are amazing at this, Im just a rookie.....

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

well the O rep said I have to go through my TA to get the price...so here comes the run around...

last time I did that, the TA did not know anything about it, then said we would lose the deal we presently have...

Maybe you need to find a new TA

Stop giving the TA your business if they are not working for your  best interests

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Just call O back and talk to a different rep. 
The phone rep cannot change the $ on your TA booking. But s/he certainly can tell you the sale price.

40 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

ah I see....ok...thank you....you are a wealth of information....and thank you for helping..

all these details....some have a phd in all this stuff...amazing...

One thing pursuit of a PhD teaches you is to read (and understand) the “fine print.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, babysteps said:

We got an Extraordinary Savings brochure in the mail yesterday, lighter paper than usual. It has a few non-sale voyages listed plus a whole bunch of the sale ones. Can't promise it's every sale voyage, not quite obsessed enough to double check (if the weather was bad I might already have done so lol). At least 2 sailings we were eying are on sale, woo-hoo!

Fares for three categories on each sailing are listed, and it's not the same 3 for each itinerary. I assume that reflects on part which categories are on sale and those vary a bit. Also the discounts aren't 100% uniform. 

Got one also, but it came from my TA

just saved 1700 pp on the sept 7 alaska

and 200 pp on the sept 20 pacific coastal

did it with the TA, she did this very grudgingly and all I got for the second one is a rebate for 19. 50, hardly worth it to do it with an agent...

thank you to the original poster for the heads up for all this...and all the people who were very encouraging to go forth with it...

it wasnt easy, those of you who have a long relationship with wonderful agents, have a much better time doing this....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

just saved 1700 pp on the sept 7 alaska

and 200 pp on the sept 20 pacific coastal

did it with the TA, she did this very grudgingly and all I got for the second one is a rebate for 19. 50, hardly worth it to do it with an agent...

thank you to the original poster for the heads up for all this...and all the people who were very encouraging to go forth with it...

it wasnt easy, those of you who have a long relationship with wonderful agents, have a much better time doing this....

You do have to remember that when the price is reduced, so is the TA's commission, potentially impacting what perks a Ta can provide.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, babysteps said:

Would you mind posting a photo of this brochure for those of us who didn't get one?  We are set to go on the Marina for 2 weeks later this month.  I am not expecting any savings at this point, but would like to book more Oceania cruises for later this year.

42 minutes ago, swayingpalms2 said:

Would you mind posting a photo of this brochure for those of us who didn't get one?  We are set to go on the Marina for 2 weeks later this month.  I am not expecting any savings at this point, but would like to book more Oceania cruises for later this year.

It looks like the CruiseCritic price search is showing at least some of these sale itineraries now...not sure it has all now though (it doesn't have the most useful search engine). I prefer my TA's search feature but of course can't post it.