Best Bar on Sky

david63

My husband and I liked Bellini's in December 2022 but that was mostly because of a specific server that we liked.  I believe her name was Aeisa (?) and, even when the area was crowded and she was rushed with orders, she always remembered what we wanted.  Excellent service.

Good Spirits at Sea. If Kenny is still the main bartender, he can make almost anything you ask and he’s a pleasure! One night I didn’t know what I wanted to drink and asked him to make me something a little sweet that didn’t have tequila. No clue what it was but it was fab. 

63A3ADA4-3A22-4729-AD02-203C2C83E390.jpeg

Sailed on Sky in December last year.  Our favorite bars:

Princess Live:

This is more of a counter but we always got right in and out. Great place to get a cocktail "on the run".

Crown Grill Bar:

This area is so quiet and understated. Sometimes there is live music and there are tables with wonderful ocean views.

Vines

Just off the Atrium.  Great place to enjoy a cocktail and take in the activities in the atrium.

17 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Kenny was still on the Sky in March.

Yep that’s when we were on! He said he was headed to Europe so I’m thinking he’s still there unless his contract came up in between. 

(Editing to say that I just realized it's only been about 6 weeks since we were on - so of course he's still there. It seems like such a long time ago since we sailed. We miss it a lot lol!)

Edited by GK95
Added context

9 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Looks like Vines is going (OMG, what will we do without it) and will be a Salty Dog Gastro Pub, according to new deck plans on Cruisemapper.

Oh no !

I don't recall seeing any official announcement about this. 

I would have thought the venue is too small for the SDGP.

1 hour ago, rosevew said:

I just hope that Cruisemapper have got it wrong! Like you, I'd have not thought it a big enough area.

Seems a bit odd since ships that already have a SDGP in the area where Vines would have been are seeing those swapped over to the Irish Pub. So why put in a SDGP in that location if other ships are ripping it out?

I’m really not happy if vines is actually going. I am a wine drinker and it was the only place to get a half decent selection.

I don’t know why they don’t get rid of the ice cream parlour as it not used often and more often used as overspill seating for the other bars due to lack of seating capacity.

42 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m really not happy if vines is actually going. I am a wine drinker and it was the only place to get a half decent selection.

I don’t know why they don’t get rid of the ice cream parlour as it not used often and more often used as overspill seating for the other bars due to lack of seating capacity.

Totally agree. A waste of prime real estate.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Coveuser said:

Can someone currently live on Sky, answer if they included “Crooners Piano Bar” during the dry dock refit. 🙏🥃

Crooners has not been added. 

On 4/17/2023 at 1:43 PM, rosevew said:

Looks like Vines is going (OMG, what will we do without it) and will be a Salty Dog Gastro Pub, according to new deck plans on Cruisemapper.

Confirmed this is wrong.. Vines is still there and no Salty Dog.

12 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Confirmed this is wrong.. Vines is still there and no Salty Dog.

Yes thank you for confirming, so I understand from the thread I posted about it. Great news, seems cruisemapper got it totally wrong