Concierge/Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge on Serenade

mafig

I felt the suite lounge was better than the Diamond lounge for the bridge as you can go outside.  I'd suggest you go outside, and use the glass door to view from the area by the rock climbing wall, or perhaps even further so you get a good all around view.

• Like 1

There is no suite lounge on Serenade...it is still simply the old concierge lounge.  

Yes, you can walk outside of the CL on Serenade through a set of doors, but will only have a view of starboard side and towards the aft.   As Dave pointed out...view will still be better in the DL, or even better yet...the VCL which has views on both sides and forward. Nice circular bar (that rotates!) in there as well.  Our usual hang out place.  😉 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I felt the suite lounge was better than the Diamond lounge for the bridge as you can go outside.  I'd suggest you go outside, and use the glass door to view from the area by the rock climbing wall, or perhaps even further so you get a good all around view.

View from Suite lounge 

P1200793.JPG.e4283e4a6102d36ee9c2b692169ff367.jpeg

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

There is no suite lounge on Serenade...it is still simply the old concierge lounge.  

Be careful  of the soot problems  in the outside  area for the suite/ concierge  lounge

P1200788.JPG.07e231f0668fe317e4f1349ae1af8e59.jpeg

P1200790.JPG.0fa88d31f7f9cd27aa604d62678ed272.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mafig said:

What's the difference?

My understanding is the CL allows Pinnacles and full suites (no Jr suites). D+ are no longer allowed in the CL. SL are for only those staying in Grand Suites and above. Pinnacles not staying in a GS or above are no longer allowed in the SL.   

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We prefer not to to sit, stand in soot while enjoying our drinks and views. But we are no longer allowed in the CL, so no biggie. 

I guess we must be really lucky!  After 281 nights on a Radiance Class ship, we have never seen the soot that posters are referring to in recent posts.  The Diamond Club only has a view of one side of the ship.

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I guess we must be really lucky!  After 281 nights on a Radiance Class ship, we have never seen the soot that posters are referring to in recent posts.  The Diamond Club only has a view of one side of the ship.

We like the Jewels DL. When we were allowed in the CL (enter ships name here) we still preferred the DL over the CL. So making SLs from CLs was a bummer for us. Personnel preference only and we still enjoy going into the DL for a predinner snack and drink or two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We like the Jewels DL. When we were allowed in the CL (enter ships name here) we still preferred the DL over the CL. So making SLs from CLs was a bummer for us. Personnel preference only and we still enjoy going into the DL for a predinner snack and drink or two. 

Yeah, it's not been good since they have been kicking even Pinnacles out of the Concierge Club when there are the arbitrary TOO many Pinnacles.  We love Radiance Class ships, so I'm a little biased, hahaha.  We peeked into the CC when we were shut out, it's mostly empty.  The Concierges I have spoken with are not happy. Plus, there are usually hundreds of D, D+, and Pinnacles trying to speak to their one concierge in the DC. <SAD>

Fortunately, Concierge Clubs on Radiance class ships have not been converted to a SL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

My understanding is the CL allows Pinnacles and full suites (no Jr suites). D+ are no longer allowed in the CL. SL are for only those staying in Grand Suites and above. Pinnacles not staying in a GS or above are no longer allowed in the SL.   

Not exactly true. While there is a capacity limit for pins, as long as the total number on board is below the limit, we are welcome in the SL. Currently on Wonder in a JS and we have been in CK every evening of the cruise, and have breakfast there every morning, and dinner most evenings.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not exactly true. While there is a capacity limit for pins, as long as the total number on board is below the limit, we are welcome in the SL. Currently on Wonder in a JS and we have been in CK every evening of the cruise, and have breakfast there every morning, and dinner most evenings.

I thought of you when I saw these soot pictures. Apparently this problem is not only on the  Wonder 

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

Yeah, it's not been good since they have been kicking even Pinnacles out of the Concierge Club when there are the arbitrary TOO many Pinnacles.

It's been nice to be able enjoy the suite/concierge lounge with the new limits in place.  When the numbers of Pinns are low, they're in, when they're high, they're not.  Aren't all limits basically arbitrary on some level?

• Like 1

Just now, Cigar King said:

It's been nice to be able enjoy the suite/concierge lounge with the new limits in place.  When the numbers of Pinns are low, they're in, when they're high, they're not.  Aren't all limits basically arbitrary on some level?

Yes, but we would not have met you guys on Serenade.