Lunch in Riviera Grand Dining Room

While we were often at the pool so just hopped in to waves, we really enjoyed lunch in the MDR.  Get a window table.  Try the club sandwich.  Its a beautiful room during the day with the sun coming in. 

5 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

We will be on the ship for Sunday,mothers day. Hopefully they will have a nice brunch.Does anyone know what time the Sunday Brunch is ? 

If they have one it will be listed in the Currents 

In the past pre covid the Brunches were  about  10 am to 2 pm

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If they have one it will be listed in the Currents 

In the past pre covid the Brunches were  about  10 am to 2 pm

Ours on the Marina, in March 2023, was 9-1. The GDR did not open for breakfast ( who needed breakfast), but opened at 9:00 for the 4 hour Brunch. Waves and the Terrace were opened regular hours for both meals.

3 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

We will be on the ship for Sunday,mothers day. Hopefully they will have a nice brunch.Does anyone know what time the Sunday Brunch is ? 

I was on Regatta a few years ago on Mother's Day and it was also a sea day.  There was no special brunch or menu which I found quite disappointing. They didn't do anything to celebrate other than the CD coming on the PA briefly to wish all the mothers aboard a happy day.  Maybe Riviera will do something. 

28 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

I was on Regatta a few years ago on Mother's Day and it was also a sea day.  There was no special brunch or menu which I found quite disappointing. They didn't do anything to celebrate other than the CD coming on the PA briefly to wish all the mothers aboard a happy day.  Maybe Riviera will do something. 

Not all countries celebrate Mother’s Day and those that do (about 50) don’t all do it on the same day.

24 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not all countries celebrate Mother’s Day and those that do (about 50) don’t all do it on the same day.

Yes I'm aware of that.  However there were many Americans onboard and we were sailing off the coast of California at the time, if that matters.  I've never been on a cruise on Thanksgiving Day but I recall reading posts here that there is a special brunch or menu for that. Not all countries celebrate Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

Yes I'm aware of that.  However there were many Americans onboard and we were sailing off the coast of California at the time, if that matters.  I've never been on a cruise on Thanksgiving Day but I recall reading posts here that there is a special brunch or menu for that. Not all countries celebrate Thanksgiving.

We have twice sailed on O over the US Thanksgiving and they had turkey and all of the fixins as an option in the GDR and the specialty restaurants.  There was no special brunch.  They did the same on Canadian Thanksgiving Day.

Sunday brunch as you speak of is not necessarily on a Sunday, any day of the week we have found in the past. A fabulous affair ordering off a small menu or eating at the buffet sites in GDR. Includes ice sculptures and nicely decorated stations.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

Not all countries celebrate Thanksgiving.

When my BiL worked in New York, he used to torment his American colleagues by asserting, with a straight face, that in the UK we celebrate 4 July as Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Harters
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

@cswhistler The brunches must be limited to select sailings.  I haven't been on a lot of Oceania cruises (6) but I've never seen buffet sites in GDR or ice sculptures. Maybe it's in my future. 

yes   only on certain longer sailing  IME

21 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Ours on the Marina, in March 2023, was 9-1. The GDR did not open for breakfast ( who needed breakfast), but opened at 9:00 for the 4 hour Brunch. Waves and the Terrace were opened regular hours for both meals.

Mistaken post 

Edited by FetaCheese

2 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Was the GDR never open for breakfast?  O had a terrific bkfst on all our O cruises, pre C. Have 1 booked for this year, R ship.

The discussion is about on the day of the special Brunch which was a sea day. The GDR didn’t open for breakfast that day, or at least until 9:00 when the Brunch began. All other days it opened for Breakfast.

As is typical, the GDR openings for breakfast rarely facilitated early port calls and shorexs. That’s a different story.

21 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The discussion is about on the day of the special Brunch which was a sea day. The GDR didn’t open for breakfast that day, or at least until 9:00 when the Brunch began. All other days it opened for Breakfast.

As is typical, the GDR openings for breakfast rarely facilitated early port calls and shorexs. That’s a different story.

Thanks for clarification.  I removed my post, because I realized you were speaking of Brunch days only. 

16 minutes ago, LaCroisiereS'amuse said:

Brunches are only ever on sea days & even then it will be only on longer itineraries - seem to remember its only on 18 days & over.

I’m not sure there are any set parameters. Upon boarding the Marina, in Feb, we were notified that Pincha/Natza Line port stop had been cancelled. When the sea day came, we were told we’d be having a Brunch in the GDR that day. It was a very nice treat, though not quite as elaborate as some I’ve had in the past. It was day 17 or18 of a 20 day cruise.

57 minutes ago, Woofa said:

I just went back and checked the currents from our trip.  MDR open for lunch only on sea days 12:00 to 1:30.  This was Riviera in January.

…and on changeover days for continuing passengers who sign up.

• Like 1