Cost of laundry

Kay.redmann

I am thinking about packing on my B2B Alaska cruise next month.  Does anyone have the price list for sending out laundry? I have often done laundry on the shop but I wonder how much am I actually saving….

I booked the cruise as a 14 day so I also wonder how fast it comes back and will it be a problem towards the end of the first leg?

I’ll pay the $3 wash, $3 dry and $? To buy detergent on my upcoming 16 day Hawaii trip.  Just to wash underclothes, polos and T-shirts and swim trunks.  Even though it is free to send out laundry for elites, I’ll do self-serve.

• Like 4

Laundry is normally slower closer to turn around day. The laundry has massive amounts of linins, robes, towels and such to prepare for the the next group of passengers. If you are paying for laundry turn around is same day or next day service depending on what you request. If you provide the cabin steward laundry say on early Thursday morning and request next day service you should be able to have it returned on Friday afternoon. My recollection was that the self service laundries were busy shortly after boarding with passengers that were on the land tours. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:05 PM, chubbypiggy said:

I am currently on Majestic Princess and just took the picture of laundry prices. All ships have the same price. 

2195D348-6E8B-43D2-8894-3CA9EA31C2AB.jpeg

Wonderful thank you but what is the difference between laundry and cleaning? Is the cleaning what we call dry cleaning? 

Edited by Kay.redmann

On 4/28/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mike45LC said:

Even though it is free to send out laundry for elites, I’ll do self-serve.

On here Elites have reported being able to get free laundry tokens at Guest Services if they tell them they prefer to do their own laundry.

Not sure if this is consistent fleetwide but personally I'd like to know because I turn Elite after my next cruise, and I'm selective about what I send out to be boiled and baked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

On here Elites have reported being able to get free laundry tokens at Guest Services if they tell them they prefer to do their own laundry.

Not sure if this is consistent fleetwide but personally I'd like to know because I turn Elite after my next cruise, and I'm selective about what I send out to be boiled and baked.

We’re currently on the Sapphire and long been curious about whether Elites get free tokens. Just went and asked and we do 🙂 

I like to wash underwear in the self service laundry but in the past whenever we’ve sent out t shirts, shirts, shorts etc Princess have done a great job. Definitely not boiled and baked.

• Like 1

To further help with this question: laundry machine has normal and delicate cycles. The normal one ran for about 35 minutes and the dryer went did about 45 minutes and got things like my jeans done during the alloted time. I packed the "Tru Earth" laundry soap sheets and they worked a charm!

Photos for your enjoyment!

Lots of machines. This area is doubled in each room. 

PXL_20230507_040648971_MP.thumb.jpg.5d86484b6d71d8c70d2c659d51dd3fcd.jpg

Handwash areas

PXL_20230507_040614295_MP.thumb.jpg.8f0d41b313e5335aaa770dd4434cd470.jpg

Machine features (old style)

PXL_20230507_040628101_MP.thumb.jpg.01086c2387ae16861403e1eae63b7777.jpg

Machine features (other style)

PXL_20230507_040620043_MP.thumb.jpg.59bf3336da7c8d7adf9bb525a9eb6908.jpg

Token machine - medallion enabled 

PXL_20230507_040654515_MP.thumb.jpg.4e81344408cad9159388678d0e802108.jpg

Soap and fabric softener choices

PXL_20230507_040636758_MP.thumb.jpg.e277169580e25e6b264011a8ceb39aca.jpg

PXL_20230507_040641168.MP.jpg

PXL_20230507_040646230.MP.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mike45LC said:

I’ll pay the $3 wash, $3 dry and $? To buy detergent on my upcoming 16 day Hawaii trip.  Just to wash underclothes, polos and T-shirts and swim trunks.  Even though it is free to send out laundry for elites, I’ll do self-serve.

On the Grand Princess, soap and Downey were $1.50 each

On 5/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, AlibearNS said:

We’re currently on the Sapphire and long been curious about whether Elites get free tokens. Just went and asked and we do 🙂 

I like to wash underwear in the self service laundry but in the past whenever we’ve sent out t shirts, shirts, shorts etc Princess have done a great job. Definitely not boiled and baked.

We are on the same cruise with you to Hawaii and I would love to go with you to Guest Services for some free tokens.  When I go to ask, the answer has always been the same - no free tokens..  On our last cruise had enough OBC that I did go there to buy 30 tokens.  The GS officer thought that was a weird request and only charged me for 20 tokens.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

We are on the same cruise with you to Hawaii and I would love to go with you to Guest Services for some free tokens.  When I go to ask, the answer has always been the same - no free tokens..  On our last cruise had enough OBC that I did go there to buy 30 tokens.  The GS officer thought that was a weird request and only charged me for 20 tokens.   

We got free tokens on the Sapphire, Royal and Majestic so feeling hopeful but will bring some pods and dryer sheets in the washbag just in case.