A Coronation and Live From 12 Day British Isles on the Regal

Steelers0854

55 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

For Paris, we found this YouTube Channel to be very helpful. I put a couple of the most relevant videos below.

Wish you found it before your bad experience in Paris.

On 5/29/2023 at 6:09 PM, EDVM96 said:

Wish you found it before your bad experience in Paris.

We did, I think it’s why we were prepared and the individuals were ultimately unsuccessful in their attempt.  I think it also highlights that even being fully prepared, you are never truly fully prepared.  

• Like 1

Guest ldtr
On 5/29/2023 at 2:13 PM, Steelers0854 said:

For Paris, we found this YouTube Channel to be very helpful. I put a couple of the most relevant videos below.

I ran into this on my last trip to Paris.  I was aware of this and chose to go to the taxi stand. Basically in most European cities do not respond to people approaching you, just go to the official taxi location instead.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:12 AM, tml1230 said:

I forgot to mention.... although the Paris metro system is VERY efficient, there are a LOT of steps up and down...withyour  luggage, in a new city etc., I highly recommend a taxi until you can drop off the luggage.

Good info. That’s why I am surprised anyone with safety concerns and luggage wouldn’t go with a taxi or car service.  

On 5/18/2023 at 6:22 AM, Steelers0854 said:

Nooooo! It can’t be!

IMG_0076.thumb.jpeg.ea3c1748a090e287ce3466659999ec2b.jpeg

Sorry I fell behind on reading you posts but have fully caught up now.  Did you have the opportunity to purchase the transfer on the ship?  They used to always offer it during the sailing but I've heard reports here and there that they are sometimes requiring them to be purchased in advance these days.

Thanks for sharing so much detail.  It's making me even more excited for our trip in a few short weeks.  And I'm happy to hear that your wife had her wits about her and fended off the criminals.  Awful that had to happen but at least it was a good ending.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:02 PM, azbirdmom said:

Did you have the opportunity to purchase the transfer on the ship?  They used to always offer it during the sailing but I've heard reports here and there that they are sometimes requiring them to be purchased in advance these days.

Sorry, I didnt see whether or not the transfers were offered onboard, we had ours purchased in advance. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 9:03 AM, Steelers0854 said:

Day 1 Boarding Day

We booked a Princess transfer from Victoria Coach Station (thanks to a fellow CC member for letting us know this existed).  This is hopefully going to be MUCH easier then trekking all the way back to Heathrow to catch one from the airport.  We meet at the station at 10am and departures from from 10:30 to 11:30am.

It was 1 tube stop away from our hotel and a short walk. It couldn’t have been easier. It was much busier than I thought it would be. I don’t think this option was widely advertised so I was surprised so many were here. I believe there were 3 buses here for us. Everything is easily marked, easy to find and there was plenty of staff on hand. We showed up right after 10 and I feel like we were some of the last to arrive. A bunch of overachievers. Lol.

They started boarding just before 10:30am. We left 15 minutes later in a well organized process. It took us 2 hours on the nose to get to Southampton. From the time I stepped off the bus til boarding was 15 minutes. Interestingly security comes after checkin. Their security people are very strict, pretty sure my belt that passes American TSA will be fine here but they insist everything comes off which just makes the process take much longer. But no big deal.

We went to our muster station and then our stateroom to drop our bags off. And this view will never get tiring.

IMG_9303.thumb.jpeg.1925f9d8d600f5b51073f9125256102f.jpeg

we did have another ship in port with us, the Mein Schiff. 

IMG_9306.thumb.jpeg.795ce39e4b7f83a3cd00cf0b20e890a9.jpeg

Today we hand over our passports til after day 7 with Ireland. We headed up to the buffet. Always love the buffet on the royal class ships.

They are doing a better job of marking things in the buffet. Still not as good as celebrity but they are marking both vegetarian and vegan options, sadly not gluten. But DW had no issues finding someone to walk her through what she can eat and she got a salad with a new honey mustard dressing she can eat and 2 bowls of soup. There was plenty of other stuff she could have gotten but soup is her absolute favorite.

A word of warning, ships internet will probably dictate how often I can post and how many photos etc. but I’ll try and keep as up to date as possible without burning through my cell data plan 😜

Sorry, I am new to international travel. You said "Today we hand over our passports til after day 7 with Ireland."--What does that mean? You have to surrender your passport on the cruise?

Thanks

On 6/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, woods1967 said:

Sorry, I am new to international travel. You said "Today we hand over our passports til after day 7 with Ireland."--What does that mean? You have to surrender your passport on the cruise?

Thanks

Yes. Ireland requires they present each passengers passport in person when entering the country. So they will collect them on the first night and keep them until you leave Ireland. You get a receipt and sign for them when giving them to your cabin steward and when you get it back. The ship will then present them all to immigration officials when they board the ship. You’ll even get a stamp. This doesn’t happen often. I believe China also has a similar requirement. 

a good reminder you should always have a copy of your passport on hand whether that is a digital one or a paper copy just in case. 

5 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Yes. Ireland requires they present each passengers passport in person when entering the country.

This rule is for non EU alien countries only. 👽

• 2 weeks later...