Check in and Leave

Dbs944

Departing Lisbon 5pm. 

Getting to Lisbon a day early (assuming flights work out as scheduled).  Can we check in real early then head out and walk around the city or are you expected to stay on board?  I figure with 9 nights on board we'll have plenty of time on the ship.

I've not done this in Lisbon but in other ports have been able to drop bags off early then come back to terminal for check-in time. (although wasn't too early...in my case noon for 2pm check-in)

Similarly I am wondering if we can drop our bags at the ship and, even though not checked in, leave them to go into town?  We will be in Bordeaux the night before our September cruise and will need to check out of our hotel in the morning.  We’d prefer not to lug our bags around while we see the town and I’d prefer not to have to double back to the hotel (I suspect we would be able to leave them there). 

Thanks!

In March, for the Pursuit, we dropped luggage about 1: PM and were directed to security and check in on the second level. We were given our cabin cards, ID's checked, security photos done, etc. Then assigned to about 2: to go onto the ship. We checked out the duty free shops, and enjoyed snacks/coffee/tea/water while we waited. Really not much time to explore Lisbon as we sailed at 5: and used the time to make a la carte dinner reservations and unpack luggage, also toss in a load of laundry because we arrived 3 days pre-cruise. 

Darcy

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, Whitby100 said:

Similarly I am wondering if we can drop our bags at the ship and, even though not checked in, leave them to go into town?  We will be in Bordeaux the night before our September cruise and will need to check out of our hotel in the morning.  We’d prefer not to lug our bags around while we see the town and I’d prefer not to have to double back to the hotel (I suspect we would be able to leave them there). 

Thanks!

I think we are on the same cruise.  When I log into my account and access this trip it shows excursions starting at about 9am in Bordeaux on embarkation day,  I don’t know how that would work.  Maybe you could drop your luggage and take an ship excursion??? To be honest, it doesn’t make sense.  I know they do excursions on debarkation day but I’ve never heard of it on embarkation day.

6 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I think we are on the same cruise.  When I log into my account and access this trip it shows excursions starting at about 9am in Bordeaux on embarkation day,  I don’t know how that would work.  Maybe you could drop your luggage and take an ship excursion??? To be honest, it doesn’t make sense.  I know they do excursions on debarkation day but I’ve never heard of it on embarkation day.

I think those are possibly debarkation day excursions for the previous cruise. It’s the same on my November Dubai- Singapore cruise. There are Dubai excursions listed & when I look at them they include airport drop-off. Possibly the software just picks up all excursions for each port on any individual cruise?

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think those are possibly debarkation day excursions for the previous cruise. It’s the same on my November Dubai- Singapore cruise. There are Dubai excursions listed & when I look at them they include airport drop-off. Possibly the software just picks up all excursions for each port on any individual cruise?

That’s what I was thinking but no one else was mentioning it as unusual so I thought it might be something new.  Thanks.

In Lisbon, all the departing passengers should be off at around 9am, and you should be able to drop your bags any time after that, then walk around or sight-see until you’re ready to check in (generally after 2pm these days). We normally are in Lisbon for a B2B turnaround day, and I’ve seen people dropping their luggage pretty early, as we’re going out for a morning coffee.

3 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

Thanks for the input.  We don’t want to take any excursions, just get rid of our bags, do a walk about and then board when scheduled. Consensus  seems to be that will work. 👍

I sailed from Lisbon last April. I went from the airport to the ship, dropped my luggage around 11 & went straight out for lunch in Lisbon, no problem. The staff were all very helpful. Have a wonderful cruise, Lisbon is a wonderful city. 

Just now, G2G said:

I sailed from Lisbon last April. I went from the airport to the ship, dropped my luggage around 11 & went straight out for lunch in Lisbon, no problem. The staff were all very helpful. Have a wonderful cruise, Lisbon is a wonderful city. 

I should have said it was with Azamara 

We are actually embarking in Bordeaux but I would expect your Lisbon check in experience to be the same as ours will be so I am pleased.  We really do not want to have to double back to our hotel to pick up our bags as others have suggested.  Lisbon is a fabulous city having spent a week there last fall - we get to visit again on this cruise and we are definitely excited for that port!

36 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

We are actually embarking in Bordeaux but I would expect your Lisbon check in experience to be the same as ours will be so I am pleased.  We really do not want to have to double back to our hotel to pick up our bags as others have suggested.  Lisbon is a fabulous city having spent a week there last fall - we get to visit again on this cruise and we are definitely excited for that port!

Sorry, my bad I was thinking of DBS944

who boards in Lisbon. 

We will be in Southampton from the day before , needing to check out if hotel big bags.

Unfortunately given a late embarking time 3.30 to 4pm.

So, even if we have checkin time 3.30pm, can we drop bags around 11 and return to town?

Is it an easy process, security wise., to return to town from Southampton port?

Thanks