Can we make a 10:15 a.m. plane after Boston disembarkation?

Tampa Girl

21 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

How do we book that?  Considering that the airport is not far from the cruise port, I would hope that the fee would not be "awful."  BTW, what is the usual taxi fare for the trip?

The taxi we took wanted $20 off the meter. He didn't get a tip.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Delta just changed my flight out of Boston from 11 am to 10 am and I knew that wouldn't work.  So I went on their website and changed us to 12 noon.  Jake @Crazy For Cats what car service did you use to get to the airport?   We don't have uber service where I live so I don't even have the app.  I need help with either the car service or someplace near the terminal where we can find taxis.  Our last port before arriving for Boston disembarkation so I hope that helps with clearing us back into the US.  We are also getting off on a Wednesday so probably lots of traffic.

We used the car service to get us home.  We live just outside Boston.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

We used the car service to get us home.  We live just outside Boston.  

Thanks Jake.  Should have realized that was a possibility.  Lol!

By the way, I just checked and the HAL transfer to the airport is $29pp.

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Jake.  Should have realized that was a possibility.  Lol!

By the way, I just checked and the HAL transfer to the airport is $29pp.

If your not in a huge rush I’d take the HAL transfer in Boston.  Definitely not as easy a port as FLL.

17 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

They had two groups, one for flights between 11 and 2 and the second for flights after 2.

After reading these replies about taxis and Ubers I wondered if their bus might be the best option. 

we are a 1 pm flight and in a Neptune suite….I can’t remember if that means we can leave when we want if getting our own transportation.   If we do the bus, what time does the group leave for the 11-2 flights? 

1 hour ago, alwaysfrantic said:

After reading these replies about taxis and Ubers I wondered if their bus might be the best option. 

we are a 1 pm flight and in a Neptune suite….I can’t remember if that means we can leave when we want if getting our own transportation.   If we do the bus, what time does the group leave for the 11-2 flights? 

Suite pax can disembark whenever they wish. If you you purchase the transfers, you will be given a defined disembarking time. It will be pretty early.

1 hour ago, alwaysfrantic said:

The debarkation time is 8 am for the 11-2 group. After we got on the bus I can't say I looked at my watch again, so I don't know when we left or when we got to the airport.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

The debarkation time is 8 am for the 11-2 group. After we got on the bus I can't say I looked at my watch again, so I don't know when we left or when we got to the airport.

Thanks for the information about the 8 am debarkation time.  Now if anyone has information on how long it took the bus to fill up and leave, and when the bus arrived at the airport it would help a lot of us.  Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the information about the 8 am debarkation time.  Now if anyone has information on how long it took the bus to fill up and leave, and when the bus arrived at the airport it would help a lot of us.  Thanks in advance!

I wish I watched my watch, because it felt like forever for the bus to leave, because people trickled out at the end. I can only assume that they left the ship a bit later than 8 am. In my opinion that was not the best move knowing some people may have had 11 am flights. One bus did leave early and left a group behind that we needed to drop off first, but it was on the way, so was only a 3 minute delay, not sure why they let the bus they were supposed to go on leave without them. I think our flight was around 11:20 and I think we had around an hour to hang out at the gate even with TSA taking longer. 

This was on a Saturday though, so if traffic is worse and TSA had longer lines, we may have had a much different experience.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

If your not in a huge rush I’d take the HAL transfer in Boston.  Definitely not as easy a port as FLL.

Our flight out of Boston is 2:45 - so my logic was "I'm not in a rush .. so we'll just cab it" 

does that logic hold? 

8 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Suite pax can disembark whenever they wish. If you you purchase the transfers, you will be given a defined disembarking time. It will be pretty early.

While I realize what I am going to say is not about the port in question, it MAY indicate changes to what has been SOP.

We got off Volendam last week in San Diego (along with about 400 others.) We were not in a Neptune. We were able to either 1) choose our own disembark time and collect our own luggage tags if we wanted staff to take our luggage or 2) we were free to leave at any time if we handled our own luggage. If we had HAL transfer we would have had an assigned time.  We had arranged our own transportation.

So the “leave at any time for self assist” may also be available regardless of CO or star or suite status.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Our flight out of Boston is 2:45 - so my logic was "I'm not in a rush .. so we'll just cab it" 

does that logic hold? 

That should work.  What I did notice while waiting for our service was passengers that tipped baggage handlers got priority cab service. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 4:18 AM, cgolf1 said:

We ended up doing the Holland provided shuttle(Bus) for an 11:20 flight and it worked great last Saturday. Fee wasn't awful either.

They had two groups, one for flights between 11 and 2 and the second for flights after 2.

Do you  have any details - cost ? when it departed.  Our flight is not until 5pm - but the only  transfer I see under shore excursions  leaves at 8:30 and is 2.5 hours (and $135 pp) - so not that useful and gets us to the airport too soon. 

We'll have spent 5 days in Boston pre-cruise so will know what we want to do that day - my issue is the bags. Currently considering the water taxi transfer - its expensive @ $50 pp - but at least includes luggage storage and the flexibility of when we catch the 2nd leg to the airport. 

26 minutes ago, lissie said:

Do you  have any details - cost ? when it departed.  Our flight is not until 5pm - but the only  transfer I see under shore excursions  leaves at 8:30 and is 2.5 hours (and $135 pp) - so not that useful and gets us to the airport too soon. 

We'll have spent 5 days in Boston pre-cruise so will know what we want to do that day - my issue is the bags. Currently considering the water taxi transfer - its expensive @ $50 pp - but at least includes luggage storage and the flexibility of when we catch the 2nd leg to the airport. 

I thought someone found it to be around 28$PP, what you may be looking at is a transfer with a tour is my guess at that price. Leaving that late my guess is that either Holland transfer only would get you there too early.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, lissie said:

I’ve never used the service but there is a Bounce location near or at South Station where you can store your luggage. If you can handle your luggage you can take the Silver Line bus from DryDock Ave to South Station. From South Station you can walk up Atlantic Ave or walk to downtown (or take the Red Line to downtown or Cambridge). When you pick up your luggage you can take the Silver Line bus to the airport.  There is no luggage storage at Logan Airport. 

• Thanks 1