Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

It’s interesting how the cruise lines have basically dropped all testing and vaccination requirements over the past year and a half or so… On my very first Virgin Voyage in October 2021, they required vaccination cards for all passengers, as well as testing, which at the time was done free of charge at the terminal prior to boarding. Fast forward to my next two sailings in May / June 2022, and they passed the burden of testing to the passengers, and also still required checking your vaccination status. And, now? Nothing… No vaccination…  No testing… Nothing… You can make whatever you want out of that, I just find it amazing how the World has changed so much in the past few years.

• Like 16

Our work day here has been quite a doozy, and it looks like we in for another one tomorrow. It seems that every time I have a vacation coming up soon things magically become ultra busy at work. I'm hoping to survive all that and FINALLY put some distance between me and this place for awhile...

Still another hour and a half to go yet though today. I was considering trying not to drink tonight, but I think that ship sailed before we even made it to lunch break today...

• Like 14

On 5/17/2023 at 1:31 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Present! Ready to follow along on your adventures before I head out for the Resilient Lady. 
Ladies and Gentlemen… start your livers. 

Megan, when do you sail next?  I love your reviews!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Before we get too far, I like to give a little disclaimer or word of caution if you will… This story is merely the chain of events happening in real time for your reading pleasure if you choose to proceed… My view of the World around me tends to be pretty direct and straightforward. Some would say “brutally frank” for lack of a better term. I’m not going to water things down just to try and please those who might not be able to handle certain opinions or observations... If you do happen to be one of those who is offended easily, I’d suggest using the red X at the top right hand side of the screen… With that said, let’s get this show on the road

img_1_1682970040306.jpg

• Like 29
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Before we get too far, I like to give a little disclaimer or word of caution if you will… This story is merely the chain of events happening in real time for your reading pleasure if you choose to proceed… My view of the World around me tends to be pretty direct and straightforward. Some would say “brutally frank” for lack of a better term. I’m not going to water things down just to try and please those who might not be able to handle certain opinions or observations... If you do happen to be one of those who is offended easily, I’d suggest using the red X at the top right hand side of the screen… With that said, let’s get this show on the road

P - R - E - A - C - H

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

img_1_1682970040306.jpg

I’m stayin….

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

img_1_1682970040306.jpg

My ears have heard a lot (mostly from my own mouth). No worries here!

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

After the crazy day at work I wanted to get something good or even great for dinner... Not "needing a reservation" great, but good... I'm going to walk around the neighborhood and see if something strikes me, but I might just end up picking up something at the grocery store along with some fresh limes for margaritas. 

• Like 14

I ended up just walking over to Whole Foods to pick up something to cook at home. On the one hand, I would've loved something great, prepared by anyone but me, especially after the day I endured at work. But, on the other hand, I'm already going to be spending a small fortune this coming week, so I just grabbed a few things that I could easily throw together.

Pre marinated chicken wings, some asparagus, and of course some limes for margaritas... I had intended on buying a bag of ice, but I forgot all about that once I was actually in the store. I truly believe that I'm losing my mind, not just with forgetfulness, but I believe I'm suffering long term "brain fog" that's been around ever since I caught corona virus last January. Oftentimes I'll just be driving somewhere that I've been a thousand times, and my mind will just go blank, like I don't even remember where I'm going. I could cite other instances, but it all seemed to begin around that time. 

Anyhoo, I did remember how to squeeze limes and mix margaritas!... (***Although, it may have been smarter to wait until I ate something to have one of these incredibly strong drinks)

PXL_20230518_214543282.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I ended up just walking over to Whole Foods to pick up something to cook at home. On the one hand, I would've loved something great, prepared by anyone but me, especially after the day I endured at work. But, on the other hand, I'm already going to be spending a small fortune this coming week, so I just grabbed a few things that I could easily throw together.

Pre marinated chicken wings, some asparagus, and of course some limes for margaritas... I had intended on buying a bag of ice, but I forgot all about that once I was actually in the store. I truly believe that I'm losing my mind, not just with forgetfulness, but I believe I'm suffering long term "brain fog" that's been around ever since I caught corona virus last January. Oftentimes I'll just be driving somewhere that I've been a thousand times, and my mind will just go blank, like I don't even remember where I'm going. I could cite other instances, but it all seemed to begin around that time. 

Anyhoo, I did remember how to squeeze limes and mix margaritas!... (***Although, it may have been smarter to wait until I ate something to have one of these incredibly strong drinks)

PXL_20230518_214543282.jpg

Love the glass!!  Do you remember where you got it?

• Like 1

You are just getting your liver training started for the week Sid.  We anticipate an extensive recount on here of tequila derivatives.  We have to wait until October for Valiant Lady, but we can start training now too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Probably not nearly as satisfying as a nice dinner out, but I'm also not spending a hundred something bucks either...

PXL_20230518_220328929.thumb.jpg.d3c9a402ee0d93df408514da2c7d4795.jpg

PXL_20230518_221119147.jpg

Looks Delicious to me,

• Like 7