Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

I for sure could've lingered in bed for another couple of hours, but that's how I feel every morning. One of the things that I've been trying to work on is finding some kind of greater purpose for my life. Waking up every day and going to a job that at the end of the day has little or no meaning is one of the patterns that I'm trying to break... But, what to do? That's the big question that I've been searching for the answer my entire life, and still have yet to find... Like I said, I'm in need of making some serious changes, but I have to break out of my old patterns first...

Anyhoo, getting ready for my next to last day of work before heading to Miami for an afternoon and evening of food and adult beverages. I've got my eye on a couple of "new to me" places to do both... 

img_1_1683285663813.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

On at least a few occasions, I received upgrade offers from Virgin Voyages ranging from $1,000 for a Sweet Aft Suite, to $3,000 for a Gorgeous Suite… I’m pretty happy with exactly what I have now, even though I WOULD like to someday sail in one of those Rock Star cabins. So far, I cruised in their very smallest cabin, the Solo Insider, as well as the slightly larger Solo Sea View. My very first time on board, I did enjoy that Central Sea Terrace, and the XL Sea Terrace I’m in on this sailing is basically the same exact thing, but with a larger bathroom… As long as I’m ON THE SHIP, I’ll be plenty happy with whatever…  

Screenshot_20230417-193642.thumb.png.367e96fb535644d85feab4111033e617.png

Screenshot_20230417-193653.thumb.png.fb918dcbbe42278b84967963ee44c7af.png

Screenshot_20230417-193704.png

• Like 13

13 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The proportions are pretty simple, and you don't even need any special measuring device. 1 part orange liquor, 2 parts tequila (preferably decent reposado or anejo), 1 part freshly squeezed lime juice, and a very tiny smidgen of agave syrup... Shake vigorously with ice 47 times...

What happens if you over or under shake it a few times?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We've been getting absolutely pounded here at work from the get go... A massive project that the big boss wanted to start on, in addition to trying to get a pallet of rugs put together for shipment. THEN, as if we weren't busy enough already, a RUG DEALER shows up out of the blue... We haven't even made it to lunch yet, and we've already done an entire days worth of work...

• Like 11

Holy hell... All these people talking about a great Sid review - where have I been - under a rock apparently!

Sid, I will on your cruise, driving down from Orlando first thing on Sunday morning with my DH, my MIL and her LOVER 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

23 minutes ago, lisabucsfan1 said:

Holy hell... All these people talking about a great Sid review - where have I been - under a rock apparently!

Sid, I will on your cruise, driving down from Orlando first thing on Sunday morning with my DH, my MIL and her LOVER 🤣

If you see me on board come say hello...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m still trying to nail down my plans for the afternoon / evening in Miami, as I’d like to try and find SOMETHING “new to me” to do once I arrive. I’ve got my usual driver lined up for my adventure in Cozumel, and I want to check out a few new spots there as well. As for Bimini, I plan on hitting up Joe’s Conch Shack, and then I’ll probably head to the beach club to catch some rays and swim in the ocean for a bit. Last time, I actually got into one of the huge swimming pools there, which really isn’t my thing, but I’m trying to branch out. I still refuse to get in an on board swimming pool after more than 25 cruises. Just not my thing, being an ingredient in that “human soup”...

• Like 10
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I’m still trying to nail down my plans for the afternoon / evening in Miami, as I’d like to try and find SOMETHING “new to me” to do once I arrive. I’ve got my usual driver lined up for my adventure in Cozumel, and I want to check out a few new spots there as well. As for Bimini, I plan on hitting up Joe’s Conch Shack, and then I’ll probably head to the beach club to catch some rays and swim in the ocean for a bit. Last time, I actually got into one of the huge swimming pools there, which really isn’t my thing, but I’m trying to branch out. I still refuse to get in an on board swimming pool after more than 25 cruises. Just not my thing, being an ingredient in that “human soup”...

You want SOMETHING new in Miami, Sid. Here you go: https://mav.clubexpress.com/

I dare ya...

• Like 2

Sid, over on your (old) Carnival thread Sugar67 said she was #100 on this thread. Well! I wanted to be #100. Now I’ll have to wait for 199 to come around, yikes! But we’re not even on the ship yet so no worries, following very closely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1