Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

When I got home with the ice, my first thought was to immediately shake up a margarita, cause God knows I need one after the week I endured... But, I also wanted to go ahead and take a quick shower then shave my face. Knowing just how strong my drinks are, I opted to go ahead and do that before mixing any drinks. 

Months ago, a friend of mine gave me an expensive genuine badger bristle shaving brush. He said that he "accidentally" bought two, and mentioned that it cost $150, but I would need a drying stand for it. Now, of course most of us have never accidentally thrown two incredibly expensive for what it is items in our shopping cart, but knowing him, it's exactly what he did. I've seen him buy a four hundred dollar bottle of wine and not bat an eye, so... 

Anyhoo, cleanly shaven from the shower, I came out and shook a nice strong margarita, which I'm currently drinking on an empty stomach. My dinner tonight is going to be pedestrian at best. Leftover chicken wings from lunch, a piece of spicy chicken sausage, and some steamed broccoli... I'm almost embarrassed to even go there, but you know I like to "keep it real"...

PXL_20230519_220935590.jpg

• Like 19

Unless I missed it in the first 9 pages...what are you hitting the ship with as far as your bar tab? I'm curious to watch that as I want to see how long the VV bar tab lasts...

Oh...drink menus from the bars, menus from the restaurants, and daily planners if you have a chance (always appreciated).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Unless I missed it in the first 9 pages...what are you hitting the ship with as far as your bar tab? I'm curious to watch that as I want to see how long the VV bar tab lasts...

Oh...drink menus from the bars, menus from the restaurants, and daily planners if you have a chance (always appreciated).

Since I received $400 in Sailor Loot for booking under a promotion, as well as $100 in free Bar Tab from my Deep Blue Extras, I didn't officially purchase a Bar Tab... That's basically a hundred bucks per day, and I'm going to be on shore in Cozumel drinking all day, so I probably won't drink much on board that evening... If I end up blowing through it, I'll just pay by the drink for there on out... My main drink on board is a top shelf margarita, which cost around $17 a year ago last time I sailed with Virgin Voyages...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Laundry is in the dryer, and I whipped up another margarita. I'll spare you a photograph of my chicken sausage in the toaster oven... I'm about to begin throwing some stuff in the suitcase.........

PXL_20230519_223843319.jpg

• Like 17

Laundry is dry, and I also did a little bit of packing... Most of the heavy lifting is out of the way now, and I'm about to shake my third margarita, which will also probably finish me off for the evening. (***Like I said, they're strong...)

In the morning, all there's left to do is pack up my shirts, which I always wait until the last minute for, so they don't get wrinkled... The alarm is set for 6:30, even though I don't need to leave here until 8:30. A quick Uber to the Marta station and I'll be on my way to the Atlanta airport... Supposed to land around 1:00, which will put me at the hotel around 1:45 on the Metro Rail then free Metro Mover... It's about a block walk from there, and I'm hoping that this "new to me" hotel is worth the nearly three hundred bucks I paid for it... Whatever the case, it's only a jumping off point for the beautiful Scarlet Lady!... 

• Like 19

Probably the last drink of the evening... Yes, I know it's not even 8:00 yet, but these drinks are nearly lethal in alcohol strength... I'm trying to decide whether to crank some tunes on the CD player or possibly put in a DVD... (Yes, I'm old school...)

PXL_20230519_234418021.jpg

• Like 15

On 5/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, sid_9169 said:

Before we get too far, I like to give a little disclaimer or word of caution if you will… This story is merely the chain of events happening in real time for your reading pleasure if you choose to proceed… My view of the World around me tends to be pretty direct and straightforward. Some would say “brutally frank” for lack of a better term. I’m not going to water things down just to try and please those who might not be able to handle certain opinions or observations... If you do happen to be one of those who is offended easily, I’d suggest using the red X at the top right hand side of the screen… With that said, let’s get this show on the road

img_1_1682970040306.jpg

I’m loving all the memes. Keep ‘em coming. And, thank you for doing this review!💜

• Like 1

I needed to find a movie that was good yet not very long, so I went with Reservoir Dogs... Plenty of action, but short and I'll be in bed before ten...

I even have a couple of old action figures from about twenty five years ago...

PXL_20230520_001231737.jpg

PXL_20230520_002931427.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

The alarm was set for 6:30, but I've been tossing and turning since 5:00... When I finally got up, I quickly got the coffee brewing and picked up where I left off in the packing process. I've got pretty much everything done now other than the shirts, which I'm about to begin now. Estimated time of heading out: 8:30

• Like 14