Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

16 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Well pooh, Amazon doesn't have your whiskey/tequila glass as far as I can tell.  The search goes on.....

Whiskey Decanter Set with 6 Matching Glasses. Glasses are angular in design, with a square bottom. Decanter (30 OZ, 850mL). Glasses (7 OZ, 200mL)

• Thanks 1

Checked in for my flight and boarding pass printed. It looks like we're actually going to get a lunch break today for free lunch Friday, so that's good news. Hopefully I didn't just jinx my own lunch break by mentioning that. 

The guys wanted to order from Wing Stop which wouldn't have been my first choice, as I cooked wings for dinner last night, but anything to make it through this day... 

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, carohs said:

I feel like this learning this skill is a requirement to pass freshman year of college, especially living in the dorms!

Unfortunately, not quite as easy in my early mid fifties...

• Like 1

When the guy who picked up the lunch got back two thirds of my order was missing... I was supposed to have ten wings, seasoned fries, and celery and carrot sticks with blue cheese... What I DID end up with was ten wings and blue cheese. Honestly, I don't even care at this point, I just want this work day to be over with and done...

PXL_20230519_161649333.jpg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, ociana said:

Yay, I am here for another Sid adventure! Your review of your first cruise with Virgin is what prompted me to book mine...now I am 5 cruises in with one left to go

Same here.  Looking at January booking b/c of Sid's reviews.

Virgin: are you reading?  Comp Sid future cruises!!  He's a more compelling and effective ambassador than your advertising.

• Like 24

A little less than two hours to go in what has proven to be one of the longest weeks ever here at the 'ol salt mine... Normally on the night before vacation I like to kick it off with a nice dinner out somewhere, but I still have to do one load of laundry, so it'll probably be something quick and simple. I haven't even started packing yet, which I'm at least a leg up on normally. Then again, nothing has seemed anywhere close to normal for a long long time...

• Like 13

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When the guy who picked up the lunch got back two thirds of my order was missing... I was supposed to have ten wings, seasoned fries, and celery and carrot sticks with blue cheese... What I DID end up with was ten wings and blue cheese. Honestly, I don't even care at this point, I just want this work day to be over with and done...

PXL_20230519_161649333.jpg

Not bad, You could have ended up with only the celery and carrot sticks 😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

A little less than an hour to go now until we get out of here... These past few days have tested me for sure, and hopefully this vacation will be great enough to erase all of it from my memory. The job I do is pretty physical as it is, but compounded by the fact that I have a piece of my small intestine trying to eat it's way through my abdomen. (***Inguinal hernia) 

I'm trying to get scheduled for surgery soon after I get back, but at times it seems like I need it sooner than later... Anyhoo, I just want this final day of work to be over with...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 16

As if I needed anymore evidence that I'm losing my mind, I walked over to Whole Foods after work, and even as I was walking through the store I kept saying to myself "don't forget the ice"... "Don't forget the ice"... Well, I just got back home, and guess what? I forgot the dang ice! Looks like I'm heading back out again... 

Also, I'd better go ahead and put my prescription medication in my bag right now, lest I forget that too...

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Now, you all know that I'd be all over that mayonnaise and pea pizza...

img_1_1684530800694.jpg

You eat so much nasty stuff that I wouldn’t dare touch that I can’t tell if you’re joking or not about being all over a mayonnaise and peas pizza.   

I think I just threw up a little bit just thinking about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Now, you all know that I'd be all over that mayonnaise and pea pizza...

img_1_1684530800694.jpg

Sooooo...do you think if you asked at the Pizza Place onboard that they'd make one for you??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I prefer Miracle Whip!  :classic_biggrin:

Oh Jeff don't start that or you'll get the whole Team BEETS/Team No BEETS thing going again (a few months back on the Tribe it was about Miracle Whip or Mayo (or neither))!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Oh Jeff don't start that or you'll get the whole Team BEETS/Team No BEETS thing going again (a few months back on the Tribe it was about Miracle Whip or Mayo (or neither))!!!

I'm on Beets taste like dirt team.  Just in case any of you forgot.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6