Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Amazon... I just searched under whiskey glasses, although this one has only ever contained tequila...

Well pooh, Amazon doesn't have your whiskey/tequila glass as far as I can tell.  The search goes on.....

• Like 1

Laundry is in the dryer, and I don't plan on doing anymore until I get back... Didn't even really need to do this, but I like to come home to an environment where there's not much that needs to be done. I'll probably throw a couple of things in the suitcase in the morning, but my "tradition" is to do it the night before I leave. 

The chicken wings were okay, but I probably would've been happier with a nice dinner out. However, my wallet will thank me for taking it easy for a change...

• Like 15

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I believe I'm suffering long term "brain fog" that's been around ever since I caught corona virus

FYI….brain fog is an actual thing resulting from the C word.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, blarko said:

FYI….brain fog is an actual thing resulting from the C word.

I get it to sometimes. I have been exposed to covid a lot due to working in healthcare but I believe I’ve only had it once. Sometimes I just literally cannot remember where I was going or what I was doing. Or for instance I’ll be driving somewhere but I can’t remember for the life of me how to get there and I’ve grown up here. 

• Like 4

On 5/17/2023 at 8:13 PM, sid_9169 said:

Speaking of Survivor... I applied for the show a couple of times. This was back when you had to actually make a video tape and mail it in... A few years later, I applied again when they had you upload your video direct (which took me hours and hours to figure out how to do)  I even grew out my facial hair to emulate what it might look like on the show... I think that I might still have a couple of pictures of the video... ... ...

(***Theme song to Jeopardy playing in the background...)

IMG_20200731_195435.thumb.jpg.543668bd4aa5ec85c3a9a62ae26a2cb7.jpg

IMG_20200731_195424.thumb.jpg.c0699d5a7b844d2515889a40e0ffa326.jpg

IMG_20200731_191457.jpg

Am I the only one who thought that Sid has a nipple ring in the first picture? Not a judgement but 100% a requirement for a contestant on Survivor!? lol 

Can't wait for free lunch Friday...better not be wings 101!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Am I the only one who thought that Sid has a nipple ring in the first picture? Not a judgement but 100% a requirement for a contestant on Survivor!? lol 

Can't wait for free lunch Friday...better not be wings 101!

I think he does have a nipple ring in the pic? 

• Like 2

Yay, I am here for another Sid adventure! Your review of your first cruise with Virgin is what prompted me to book mine...now I am 5 cruises in with one left to go (yet I only paid for 2. Thanks for the delay Resilient Lady).

The exclusive cocktail event benefit only serves champagne and sangria for about an hour while a musician plays for the group. If the weather is nice, it is up at the perch in DIRECT SUN, so wear sunscreen or duck around the corner between drinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's cloudy, but at least it's not raining... Getting ready to tackle my final day of work before the fun begins! Something tells me that today's work day most assuredly won't be fun. We're still trying to dig out from the mess we made there yesterday. 

I didn't end up doing any packing last night, so basically everything is left for today. Also still in my "to do" list: cutting my hair and shaving... Gathering all the "little things" like q tips, toothpaste and toothbrush, ear plugs, and prescription meds... 

I also realized that I forgot to wash one of the pairs of shorts I was planning on bringing, so now I have to try and find enough stuff to make a load of laundry... Again, I really feel like I'm losing my mind.........

PXL_20230519_105048524.jpg

• Like 17

Things are beginning to get real now!... Only thing left to do is my health survey on embarkation day. Also, I'm planning on being among the first on board (***on the heels of the Rock Stars) so I'm hoping to move around a couple of dinner reservations... I'm currently scheduled for dinner at Extra Virgin likely during sail away, so I wanted to try and trade that for the final evening, when I wasn't able to secure any of my desired times for any of the dining venues...

Screenshot_20230519-071305.thumb.png.28befce0b6a9be8b790d1ba414fc0ce5.png

Screenshot_20230519-071357.png

• Like 15

I've got two coworkers that have been coming to work sick all week, so I've been doing my best to avoid them... But, working in the same place, sometimes it's nearly unavoidable... Praying that I don't catch whatever they've got.

• Like 20