Embarkation day lunch

lbfluffy

We are on the Panorama in December. Last time we went to pig and anchor. We would like to try something different. I know they have the Asian and Italian restaurant. We have a large party so I was wondering what you all suggest? Thank you.

The asian and italian just serve bowls of noodles for lunch. The asian converts to Mongolian Wok for lunch and the italian is called something like the captain's pasta bar or something like that as you probably know. Not the full supper menu. But those are pretty much the options available to you, aside from Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana tacos, and the buffet.

24 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I'll suggest Cucina del Capitano (Italian) for their pasta lunch.  They are physically bigger than JiJi's so you'll all fit nicely.

Is JiJis on the panorama or do you mean the Mongolian wok is open for lunch?

I loved JiJis on vista but it's on very few ships. 

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

I'll suggest Cucina del Capitano (Italian) for their pasta lunch.  They are physically bigger than JiJi's so you'll all fit nicely.

I second the Cucina for lunch.  So many are busy packing the lido buffet that it gets missed on embark day.  It's usually a sea of calm compared to the buffet.  The menu below is from 2022, but you basically sit down and check what you want, hand it to the wait staff and wait for your food to be delivered.  No standing in line or finding a place to sit because it usually (at least my experience) isn't crowded on embark.

Panorama Pasta Bar.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Is JiJis on the panorama or do you mean the Mongolian wok is open for lunch?

I loved JiJis on vista but it's on very few ships. 

JiJi’s is on the Panorama but for lunch they have mostly noodle soup bowls. Nothing like the “real” JiJi’s at dinner—which is excellent!

1 hour ago, TreyB said:

Guy’s is kind of a tradition on embarkation day for us. Usually that’s the only time we have it, maybe once more during the course of the cruise. Very filling, even when skipping the fries. Our favorite lunch spot on sea days is the Seafood Shack.  Excellent clam chowder, worth the upcharge. 

I love the fish & chips at Seafood Shack also.  Since there’s an upcharge it usually isn’t very busy, and it’s in a nice, sheltered outdoor area on the Panorama.

• Like 1

On deck 11 aft above the buffet is where Cucina del Capitano and Jiji's are located.  The only bad thing about Cucina for lunch is that sometimes the basketball courts are being used and they are located right above you, so you hear the thump thump of the ball.  They open at 12 noon and either place would be good, but as has been mentioned, Cucina is larger so has more seats.

2 hours ago, TreyB said:

Guy’s is kind of a tradition on embarkation day for us. Usually that’s the only time we have it, maybe once more during the course of the cruise. Very filling, even when skipping the fries. Our favorite lunch spot on sea days is the Seafood Shack.  Excellent clam chowder, worth the upcharge. 

I like Guy’s for embarkation day lunch, too.  And our youngest loves Blue Iguana Cantina. (The rest of my family chooses one or the other, but don’t really have a tradition.)  So many cruisers hit the lunch buffet that first day that we try to stay away, if possible.

• Like 1