New Suite Deposits Effective June 1, 2023

43 minutes ago, 65Mommy said:

It seems like cruises are a big fad again and are not affordable!

If we could only get Royal to run ads celebrating Dylan Mulvaney, maybe those prices would come back down to affordability.  😉

• Haha 11

21 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

If we could only get Royal to run ads celebrating Dylan Mulvaney, maybe those prices would come back down to affordability.  😉

Post it on FB.  People believe everything on FB.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'd like to as well by I'm pretty confident my frugality (no need to use the c-word, lol) will definitely win out, and I'd only be booking an interior.

I'm also pretty confident that Utopia will be released sometime in the June 4-11 range while I'm on Wonder and not sitting here paying attention like most days.

Have your TA put a cabin on hold for you if it comes out while you are gone

• Thanks 1

I'd like to as well by I'm pretty confident my frugality (no need to use the c-word, lol) will definitely win out, and I'd only be booking an interior.

I'm also pretty confident that Utopia will be released sometime in the June 4-11 range while I'm on Wonder and not sitting here paying attention like most days.

You will most likely be back, just in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have your TA put a cabin on hold for you if it comes out while you are gone

I could but I don't really see us going. It would be cool to do an inaugural sailing based on what I've seen from others but I think my frugality would win out. I'm also not sure my wife would care as much about it being an inaugural sailing.

I'll see what Mrs. Mike says. She's got a lot going on right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:49 AM, BND said:

Just saw this.  We always book JS.  That sucks about Next Cruise bookings.  One of the draws was the lower deposit amount.  We currently have 11 cruises booked between now and spring 2025.  All are in JS (4 b2b's and 1 b2b2b). One b2b and the b2b2b were booked onboard.  Now, if they are treating JS more like GS and above, it's time to upgrade the benefits which was what I also heard was coming on our EN cruise last month.  I know I posted that before, so maybe this is a precursor to that.

I agree, if JS are to be treated like the other suites, benefits should be increased.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will most likely be back, just in time.

I was wondering if Mike had a "guy"😇  I'll bet my TA would probably put one on hold for me😱

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 11:49 AM, RFerrington said:

I don't see this as a huge deal.  It will just be less to pay at the end.

Increasing the deposit + making it nonrefundable is a problem when booking in advance and plans change. Higher price for refundable was a decent compromise for people who need flexibility. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was wondering if Mike had a "guy"😇

Only as of like 4 weeks ago when I finally realized, "crap, prices online from PC are terrible and my days of booking last minute are over, I better find another way to get better rates and book much further out." 🤣

I haven't met him in person but he's actually local, not that it matters.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I don't really see us going. It would be cool to do an inaugural sailing based on what I've seen from others but I think my frugality would win out.

4-nights on Allure next summer starts at like $600pp? I'm going to downgrade the likelihood of booking Utopia from slim to slimmer.

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

4-nights on Allure next summer starts at like $600pp? I'm going to downgrade the likelihood of booking Utopia from slim to slimmer.

We have a hard $$ cap on what we will spend on cruises, and will only book ships/categories that stay under that cap. Some of the newer ships don’t spend a lot of time on our radar, and I doubt we will even bother to look at the two new builds.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pcur said:

I found the breakfast menu in both restaurants to be pretty much identical.  Enjoy both of them.  Just point me in the right direction and I will go there.

Service for breakfast on Jewel for recent B2Bs the last few months was pretty bad, both times.  We finally gave up and went to the MDR for breakfast...and then we were surprised at how good the service was and food choices.  Plus they have breakfast burritos and the breakfast "power wrap" we both adore that we could not get in Chops.  

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have a hard $$ cap on what we will spend on cruises, and will only book ships/categories that stay under that cap. Some of the newer ships don’t spend a lot of time on our radar, and I doubt we will even bother to look at the two new builds.

Icon doesn't interest me and I only sail from PC anyway.

Utopia itself doesn't particularly excite me over any other Oasis class ship, but I think going on an inaugural sailing would be new and exciting, so since it's sailing from PC, I can't help but be interested.

• Like 2

I could but I don't really see us going. It would be cool to do an inaugural sailing based on what I've seen from others but I think my frugality would win out. I'm also not sure my wife would care as much about it being an inaugural sailing.

I'll see what Mrs. Mike says.

Mrs. Mike said have him put a hold on it... and make it a B2B if he can. 🤣 😍

We're a week away from our 21st anniversary and she still surprises me sometimes. Off to e-mail my "guy" now and see what he says.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mrs. Mike said have him put a hold on it... and make it a B2B if he can. 🤣 😍

We're a week away from our 21st anniversary and she still surprises me sometimes. Off to e-mail my "guy" now and see what he says.

Greatest wife ever!

• Like 3

Utopia itself doesn't particularly excite me over any other Oasis class ship, but I think going on an inaugural sailing would be new and exciting, so since it's sailing from PC, I can't help but be interested.

I've been on the first revenue sailings on two new class of ships (Radiance[1] and Quantum[2]).  They were the first sailings, but not considered the inaugural sailings.  While it was nice to experience a new class of ship, I wouldn't pay extra to be the first passengers.  Only booked the sailings because they were cheap!

[1] 3 night Miami, Nassau, Miami

[2] 8 night non-stop (except for Azores med-evac) Southampton to Cape Liberty.

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

While it was nice to experience a new class of ship, I wouldn't pay extra to be the first passengers.  Only booked the sailings because they were cheap!

This isn't even a new class but neither was Wonder and some of the stuff I saw on its inaugural/first revenue/don't care what you call it sailing seemed worth a small premium to me... and I'm very frugal. Thanks for the input though.

I won't know how expensive it is unless I have a cabin put on hold for me. We'll obviously decide whether it's worth it to us after that.

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

@Ourusualbeach, this might already have been addressed and I missed it but how is the deposit handled with a third or forth passenger?  Is it still 10% or is there a flat amount that would apply to passenger 3 and 4?

While your question wasn't about KSF, the answer below should explain the approach and covers the inevitable KSF question.

Q. How is the 10% deposit calculated with Kids Sail Free?

A. The 10% deposit is calculated off the full booking’s cruise fare split amongst the number of guest in the booking. If the deposit, on a per person basis, is lower than the per person standard deposit, standard deposit will be collected per person. For any fifth or more guest that are eligible for Kids Sail Free will be charged the standard deposit amount.

• Thanks 1