On Jupiter now. Is it just me?

stcroixguy

1 hour ago, stcroixguy said:

We are on Jupiter now heading to Bergen in a DV4 and the rooms seem smaller.  It has been three years since we cruised so it may be my imagination.  

Maybe you were in a different category last time? If not, it's your imagination.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Maybe you were in a different category last time? If not, it's your imagination.

I've always felt cruise ship cabins tend to be smaller towards the end of any cruise...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Selion said:

I've always felt cruise ship cabins tend to be smaller towards the end of any cruise...

Probably because we eat so much good food on the cruise, the room feels smaller at the finish!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All the DV rooms on all the Viking Ocean are the same size.  Now i thought the Jupiter DV room felt bigger because it had the 3 drawers in the closet.  We had cruised in a DV on The Star previously which did not have those drawers.

You are lucky guy!  I have to wait till June 12 till I am back in a DV cabin on the Jupiter! 

BTW, who is the resident historian and other speakers ?

How are the lectures?  

How is the weather?

On 5/23/2023 at 10:39 AM, stcroixguy said:

I’ll check on the rest but the weather is good so far. We are on the way to Skagagen and the sea is quite high. Rocking back and forth, making it a bit challenging to walk. 

I want to email  Guest relations or CD on the Jupiter. Big favor, could you provide me their email. I want to email them and ask if they will  sponsor a meet and mingle for our roll call. June 12-22 Scenic Scandinavia.

Someone on the forum did give me an email address but sadly I misplaced it.

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your cruise.  

6 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I want to email  Guest relations or CD on the Jupiter. Big favor, could you provide me their email. I want to email them and ask if they will  sponsor a meet and mingle for our roll call. June 12-22 Scenic Scandinavia.

Someone on the forum did give me an email address but sadly I misplaced it.

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your cruise.  

@Azulann Here was Kent’s previous response to you—this was helpful advice for our roll call on Saturn for July 5 out of Bergen—coming up.

Ok Azulann, here’s the scoop. I talked to Noree in customer services on Juniper who seemed a bit non-pluses by the question. She said you need to contact customer relations… customerrelations@vikingcruises.com with how many, when to meet … and they will contact the ship.  She did not indicate contacting the ship…

By the way the captain is Thomas Larsen

historian:Dr Stan Carpenter

cruise director :   Edward

• Thanks 1

Azulan -

I'm beginning to think different ships do things differently.

I had contacted Viking Saturn several days ago to discuss our June 7th Iceland Cruise Meet & Mingle - but have never heard from them.   When I had done this before with Viking Star, I heard back immediately from the Guest Services Manager.  (Nick).  They were so helpful.  They also said the Guest Services Manager is the point person for doing these, and he then reached out to the CD and Hotel Manager.

I don't think Viking is consistent.  I had called the Viking Guest Relations office again and they had told me to go ahead and contact the ship directly again.

To cover all bases, I have sent a copy of our request to customerrelations@vikingcruises.com with all the details.  We'll see what happens.   In our situation, worst case is that I know someone on the current Saturn cruise and will have them go contact the Guest Services Manager in person.

Kent

• Like 2

Thank you all , you are the best ! I will contact customer relations per St Croix guy inquiry for me. Our roll call is doing an informal gathering for sail away by the Infinity pool as we leave Stockholm . It is supposed to be spectacular ! 
Will let you know what happens with Viking . 
I will tell you I am so pumped for this cruise and we have great folks on our roll call! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Thank you all , you are the best ! I will contact customer relations per St Croix guy inquiry for me. Our roll call is doing an informal gathering for sail away by the Infinity pool as we leave Stockholm . It is supposed to be spectacular ! 
Will let you know what happens with Viking . 
I will tell you I am so pumped for this cruise and we have great folks on our roll call! 

The sail out from Stockholm is spectacular! Many hours through the Stockholm archipelago, around 30,000 islands, many with summer homes. People outside wave to passing ships as they go by. You are so close to some of the islands, it seems as though you could shake hands. I am envious!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2023 at 6:35 AM, stcroixguy said:

We are on Jupiter now heading to Bergen in a DV4 and the rooms seem smaller.  It has been three years since we cruised so it may be my imagination.  

It had probably just passed through a hot water cycle in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/26/2023 at 7:56 AM, stcroixguy said:

Ok Azulann, here’s the scoop. I talked to Noree in customer services on Juniper who seemed a bit non-pluses by the question. She said you need to contact customer relations… customerrelations@vikingcruises.com with how many, when to meet … and they will contact the ship.  She did not indicate contacting the ship…

By the way the captain is Thomas Larsen

historian:Dr Stan Carpenter

cruise director :   Edward

Agian thanks for taking time during your cruise to answer my questions. I did email customer service at he email you provided yesterday. I got  a message that there is a temporary  delay for 46 hrs, and gmail will try again ??  So I will wait and see. Our roll call will still have our informal M&G anyway .

Our cruise has no sea days unless  the ship misses a port due to  weather.

reasons. 

I did look up the CV on the resident historian you provided. Well qualified  to talk about military histories but would have hoped we had a historian who specializes in the Baltic , Scandinavia or the Hanseatic League. 

Well at least Captain Larsen either Danish or Norwegian. 😁

StCroix Guy , hope you had a great cruise and safe travels home. 

Cheer, 

Patti

Edited by Azulann