Current revolution schedule?

mahasamatman

Does anyone have a current schedule for the Revolution? I've been searching the web, but I can't find anything recent. I'm specifically interested in the Solstice, but it would be good if we had all the information in one place.

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

The revolution is on hold and with the financial challenges Celebrity is still facing, I don't expect them to restart it soon.

When we were on the Infinity in March, we were told it would be revolutionized in early 2024, though that's an unofficial rumour.

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

When we were on the Infinity in March, we were told it would be revolutionized in early 2024, though that's an unofficial rumour.

I would be very surprised if that rumor was true.  I suspect it is more likely the Infinity is just due for it's routine dry dock in 2024 and its possible she gets a little bit of a refresh in things like carpet, paint, furniture.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I would be very surprised if that rumor was true.  I suspect it is more likely the Infinity is just due for it's routine dry dock in 2024 and its possible she gets a little bit of a refresh in things like carpet, paint, furniture.

Totally agree...Also I would expect when full renovations resume it may be different than previously revolutionized ships as a lot of time went by so they have a chance delete things that don't work, build more "what happens if there's another pandemic?" into the design, have a new CEO, technology has improved, decor preferences change, etc...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Does anyone have a current schedule for the Revolution? I've been searching the web, but I can't find anything recent. I'm specifically interested in the Solstice, but it would be good if we had all the information in one place.

The Revolution schedule that Celebrity posted on their trade website still has the makeover date as being TBD.  There has not been anything published since then that supersedes it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Apex_Brochure_Celebrity_Revolution_Timeline_8x14_Trifold.pdf

Celebrity needs to step up their game.  The last five cruises (two of which were tired ships, Infinity and Solstice) weren't what they used to be pre pandemic.  The food, amenities, entertainment, and activities are lacking.  The ships need to be revolutionized, and NOW.  Stop with the spending and building more Edge class ships (trying to find your place between the millennial passenger and boomer passenger).   If you want to keep the boomer generation cruising and spending money, step up your game and modernize your ships.  We aren't dead yet.  It's no wonder Lisa passed the torch.  The Board probably tied her hands.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The Revolution schedule that Celebrity posted on their trade website still has the makeover date as being TBD.  There has not been anything published since then that supersedes it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Apex_Brochure_Celebrity_Revolution_Timeline_8x14_Trifold.pdf

I really feel like this document is nothing more than a marketing tease to make people feel like it's going to happen 'soon'. Whatever that means. I doubt if any of the remaining two M class ships (oldest in fleet) will ever the R process. It's iffy, at very best, that the remaining S class ships will see it, as well.

Note: From what I've seen overall the change has not been really well received by those who like the M and S class ships and it might work out best if X just leaves them alone and quits 'suggesting' that it could start again 'soon'. Again, whenever that might be.

1 hour ago, K12Guy said:

I really feel like this document is nothing more than a marketing tease to make people feel like it's going to happen 'soon'. Whatever that means. I doubt if any of the remaining two M class ships (oldest in fleet) will ever the R process. It's iffy, at very best, that the remaining S class ships will see it, as well.

Note: From what I've seen overall the change has not been really well received by those who like the M and S class ships and it might work out best if X just leaves them alone and quits 'suggesting' that it could start again 'soon'. Again, whenever that might be.

I don't disagree with your editorial, I was simply answering the OP's question. 

Investing to note that on the last investor/earning call, it was mentioned that all of their brands are profitable.    I still think it will be some time before this process starts again, and I would not be surprised to see some of the M-class ships leave the fleet.    

Also, we were just on Silhouette, and I really liked the updates.   We sailed on Reflection 4 days later and you can really see the differences.    I would say ML and SM had more dramatic upgrades versus SL but she still looked quite good.

3 hours ago, MandL said:

Celebrity needs to step up their game.  The last five cruises (two of which were tired ships, Infinity and Solstice) weren't what they used to be pre pandemic.  The food, amenities, entertainment, and activities are lacking.  The ships need to be revolutionized, and NOW.  Stop with the spending and building more Edge class ships (trying to find your place between the millennial passenger and boomer passenger).   If you want to keep the boomer generation cruising and spending money, step up your game and modernize your ships.  We aren't dead yet.  It's no wonder Lisa passed the torch.  The Board probably tied her hands.  

I did a b2b on Solstice in March. I thought the ship was overall in good shape, with admittedly an outdated decor which frankly I happen to prefer over the cold and less comfortable revolutionized furniture. The food was excellent (we were in Luminae, and had lunch at times in the buffet, which I thought was also good). The entertainment overall could be improved but I think all ships these days are struggling in that regard. There are more and more ships being launched and I think it makes it harder to find the quality of old. And I imagine cruise lines are experiencing the same issues employers across the country are experiencing as far as filling positions. And frankly, I don’t think there is a lot of interest in keeping us boomers sailing, which I find frustrating as many of us have 10-20 or more years of cruising left.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully, before they revolutionize any more ships they’ll give Kelly Hoppen the heave ho.  And find someone who actually knows how ship cabins should be designed.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I don't disagree with your editorial, I was simply answering the OP's question. 

I suppose editorial and opinion are one and the same. Thanks for your thoughtful post.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Hopefully, before they revolutionize any more ships they’ll give Kelly Hoppen the heave ho.  And find someone who actually knows how ship cabins should be designed.

I often wonder if she has ever spent a week or so in any stateroom on a Trans Atlantic or Trans Pacific cruise? Maybe so, perhaps not.

5 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

I suppose editorial and opinion are one and the same. Thanks for your thoughtful post.

I sincerely apologize. I didn't word my response very well. 

Edited by mahdnc

14 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

14 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

No apology needed here. Just conversation and nothing offensive in any form. I bid you a night of great sleep and rest.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I sincerely hope so...

I used to work in a very large international hotel company and her designs would never have got past the testing stage, and frankly would not have even got that far I suspect...

Makes you wonder if they even had a testing stage, they all look like they were reviewed and approved from images only...

15 hours ago, MandL said:

Revolution.  This is not about stepping up their game - but about spending as they (RCG) are under a mountain of debt.  I totally agree that it would be nice if they could start again modernizing the older M-Class (Infinity & Constellation) as was planned.  Followed by the S-Class.  Maybe at least in strategic steps to spend the capital in a sound manner for investors.  The remaining new builds are almost finished (Ascent) and the next one planned and committed (sunk cost). Celebrity is a division and does not have its own Board.  All of the ships are sailing pretty full with all ages including Boomers.  That is the primary thing they care about.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Revolution.  This is not about stepping up their game - but about spending as they (RCG) are under a mountain of debt.  I totally agree that it would be nice if they could start again modernizing the older M-Class (Infinity & Constellation) as was planned.  Followed by the S-Class.  Maybe at least in strategic steps to spend the capital in a sound manner for investors.  The remaining new builds are almost finished (Ascent) and the next one planned and committed (sunk cost). Celebrity is a division and does not have its own Board.  All of the ships are sailing pretty full with all ages including Boomers.  That is the primary thing they care about.

The ships fine as long as they keep up the maintenance 

on the Voyager last September, the silver backing on the mirrors was flacking off , they should off replace the mirror long ago

What Celebrity needs to do is change up the itineraries for M-class, HAL are a lot more interesting for their smaller ships 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mark_K said:

....And what comfortable furniture feels like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Full ships with increased prices.  Appears that's a successful strategy for X........for now.

Constellation cancelled her Revolution with all the hype that Celebrity did prior to Covid. She seemed in decent shape to me back in March. Public areas got a refresh, but cabins not so much.  Cabins still dated, but still ok to book her again.

Royal seems to not do intense renovations to their cabins, so I don't expect it on sister line Celebrity. A clean but dated cabin is what you get. Take your usb outlets with you and don't expect any kind of upgrades cabin wise. The real deal now after revolution was cancelled on Constellation and Infinity.

Edited by coaster

I suppose the main goal/ target,  now for Celebrity -  or any other main stream cruise lines are the Millenials. I hear that a lot of the old X- loyals are turning slowly but steadly to Cunard or the more luxury brands.

I count myself among  those - booking more and more cruises with Cunard.

Don´t get me wrong Celebrity  still delivers a very nice cruise experience, depending on the destinations and therefore the age group.

They might keep Millenium Class a little longer- it seems the Baby Boomers or Generation X ( my Generation) are more in favor for those ships.

Our experience on the Infinity was in a suite.  For the record, I don’t like to complain, but for those of you that think things are fine I will point out a few things that we noticed to better explain why I think they better step up their game.  And yes, I realize they are not their own entity.  I own some stock.  In our cabin the closet doors no longer opened and closed properly, the refrigerator shelf was broken, the spot where a glass would hang next to the sink was broken, so they placed a soap dish on it trying to disguise it.  Luminae had a real problem with their wait staff, and apparently the chef did not have things under control.  Eggs Benedict English muffin was rock hard on bottom two mornings, and cold the other two mornings we tried for it. The Avocado they served in the beginning was brown, until we had a discussion with the hotel director.  The Solstice we had suite stays and Aqua class stays.  We’ll take dining in Blu any time over dining in Luminae.  The theatre seats need replacing.  The seats lean forward when you sit down.  The women’s showers are falling apart in the spa.  Half of the locks don’t work on the lockers.  The placemats are frayed in Sushi on Five.  The outside pool bottom has some staining on it that looks like exposed rebar. The soap dispensers in the Women’s public restrooms do not work properly if they even do.  There is more, but I’ll stop.  I’m a true fan of Celebrity.  This is super disappointing to me. We are Elite plus with Celebrity, and Diamond Plus with Royal. We’ll continue to sail with Celebrity, but definitely spreading our wings.  One mor comment…….the ship was never at full capacity while we were sailing, and we did a back to back last two weeks of March.  Maybe things have changed.

• Thanks 1