Morning Crowd at International Cafe

charliedalrymple

We've been on Princess a number of times without a beverage package, but this time we are getting Plus (on Majestic).

I love the idea of a barista coffee (or two) first thing in the morning before breakfast, but I don't love the idea of fighting crowds to get one.  Is the International Cafe a mob scene in the morning now that so many people can get coffee with the Plus Package?

4 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

We've been on Princess a number of times without a beverage package, but this time we are getting Plus (on Majestic).

I love the idea of a barista coffee (or two) first thing in the morning before breakfast, but I don't love the idea of fighting crowds to get one.  Is the International Cafe a mob scene in the morning now that so many people can get coffee with the Plus Package?

It depends on what time of the morning you get there and whether or not it’s a port day. On our most recent voyage on the Emerald (April 18 day Panama Canal) there were usually very few people up and stirring in the early morning (6:30-7:00). On early arrival port days there were a good many more but not just slammed. And of course on disembarkation day it was very crowded then. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, avonlady6390 said:

You can order on the app and delivered to your cabin no extra charge. It usually does not take too long to get it and no lines to wait in!

You can even order it on your app from a seat in the piazza, if a bar steward doesn’t first come by to get your order.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

You can order on the app and delivered to your cabin no extra charge. It usually does not take too long to get it and no lines to wait in!

If both people in the cabin have the drink package can one order for both? Or do the orders need to be per person/per medallion?

Edited by Bollycats
Mispelled word

9 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Do you know if you can get coffee from Princess live on Sky as well?

Times are always listed on the events page - hours of operation for various venues. If there are any live posts from Sky, of the Patters/events page, you can check there. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

If both people in the cabin have the drink package can one order for both? Or do the orders need to be per person/per medallion? One can order for both. 💕

• Like 1

Interestingly, I found the lines to be much shorter on Royal in Alaska last week than the lines on other ships over the last few years. This was my first cruise since the coffee pkg was discontinued, wondering if that had any impact. Royal was also good about having separate lines for food and coffee. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Interestingly, I found the lines to be much shorter on Royal in Alaska last week than the lines on other ships over the last few years. This was my first cruise since the coffee pkg was discontinued, wondering if that had any impact. Royal was also good about having separate lines for food and coffee. 

And did passengers recognize them as separate lines?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

And did passengers recognize them as separate lines?

Interestingly, yes. and it wasnt really organized that way as such, but it was just how it was working.  I am a pretty regular IC visitor and these were the smoothest lines I have seen at an IC in the morning, for whatever reason. And I had expected being in Alaska's colder weather there would be more folks there. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We never wait in line, either order on the app or find a server and order. 

Yeah, but if we want food from IC to go with the coffee, we cant do that with the app. Figure if I am going to go anyway to get food I will just wait for the coffee. We have ordered coffee to the room via the app. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Yeah, but if we want food from IC to go with the coffee, we cant do that with the app. Figure if I am going to go anyway to get food I will just wait for the coffee. We have ordered coffee to the room via the app. 

Two separate lines. 

6 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Two separate lines. 

On CB in March, the lines wanted to merge.  Folks would get food and then try to cut into the coffee line.  I was expecting fisticuffs on a couple occasions.

Guest ldtr
3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

On CB in March, the lines wanted to merge.  Folks would get food and then try to cut into the coffee line.  I was expecting fisticuffs on a couple occasions.

On Regal they stayed 2 separate lines.  Though occasionally someone would try and cut the food line by walking directly to the other end of the food counter instead of the end where the line was.

6 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

This is our go to. Works well and you don’t have to get dressed. Fun to enjoy coffee on your balcony