Laundry on Sirena?

baz48

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it in a search.  We are booked on Sirena in November to South America.   I've looked at the online deck plans of Sirena and don't see any laundry facilities for guests.  Are there any available or do we have to have to pay to have our laundry done by the ship?  Our cabin does not include the 3 free bags.

2 hours ago, baz48 said:

Thanks so much - love this board!  Now that I know what to look for, it is obvious.  (insert head slap here)

Just a reminder to not use your own detergent and scented dryer sheets. The self-serve laundry provides free ocean-safe detergent.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI or two.........

It can get crowded.

There is also an ironing board, and iron, of course.

The dryers are on top and short me had to have help getting my things out. If I had been smart I would have brought a hanger to help grab everything that refused to leave the back of the machine.  

• Like 1

Our upcoming cruise is on Nautica and, like the OP, I'd looked at deck plans without success. So, thanks for the posts, I've found it now. We're in a PH so have the three "free" bags of laundry, which will be fine, but I understand these come back folded but not pressed, so I'll be needing that iron & board.

Any suggested times when it's likely to be not too crowded?

The R class ships have one very small self service laundry room. I used to go in there but gave up because they were always crowded. If you’re in a suite, take advantage of the 3 free laundry bags. You’re on vacation and you probably don’t want to spend it in a tiny crowded laundry room where you may have to wait a long time before a washer and dryer are available. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

The R class ships have one very small self-service laundry room. I used to go in there but gave up because they were always crowded.

While on Sirena 11/2022 in a B2, with 630 passengers, my wife had no trouble doing a load of laundry. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Our upcoming cruise is on Nautica and, like the OP, I'd looked at deck plans without success. So, thanks for the posts, I've found it now. We're in a PH so have the three "free" bags of laundry, which will be fine, but I understand these come back folded but not pressed, so I'll be needing that iron & board.

Any port day you should have no issues.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harters said:

You  could  try  just before dinner

Go put your  stuff in the washer  check the time   then go  to tea

Go back  when the time is up put stuff in dryer check the time  go get ready for dinner  then go get your things  when the time is up on the dryer

I have done this  as well as during lunch hours

The  trick is  to make sure you are there when the machine stops

• Like 3

Dinner time after 6:30 would likely be a good time to do laundry. I haven't tried that.

I have gone on port days and found it very crowded.

As I've said, I've given up on it and now use the ship's laundry service. I'm not going to do laundry when I should be enjoying a nice dinner. 

YMMV

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just a reminder to not use your own detergent and scented dryer sheets. The self-serve laundry provides free ocean-safe detergent.

We always stay in a PH and use the 3 included bags of laundry per segment for DH’s clothes but I have medical issues that require me to use scent-free and chemical-free detergent.  Since I have asked several times on the different ships if they use detergent without scents/chemicals with no definite answer, I have to bring my own.  It may not be the most ocean-safe way but if I want to sail on longer itineraries, I have no choice.  

Billie

2 hours ago, mountain grandma said:

We always stay in a PH and use the 3 included bags of laundry per segment for DH’s clothes but I have medical issues that require me to use scent-free and chemical-free detergent.  Since I have asked several times on the different ships if they use detergent without scents/chemicals with no definite answer, I have to bring my own.  It may not be the most ocean-safe way but if I want to sail on longer itineraries, I have no choice.  

Billie

Email O’s special services for a definitive answer.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mountain grandma said:

Billie

I have some serious fragrance sensitivity. The provided detergent is fragrance free (it has been for our first 11 O cruises). 

Does anyone know, is fragrance-free a requirement of ocean-safe detergent?? 

Edited by babysteps

24 minutes ago, babysteps said:

I have some serious fragrance sensitivity. The provided detergent is fragrance free (it has been for our first 11 O cruises). 

Does anyone know, is fragrance-free a requirement of ocean-safe detergent?? 

In an attempt to find the MSDS for the detergent I ran across the NCLH Sail and Sustain pdf. It's an interesting browse. On p. 26 they have the wastewater treatment graphic.

As for fragrance free requirements, probably not...plant based essential oils (e.g., lavender or citrus) may be allowed. I'm just guessing though...not my area of expertise.

sail-safe-esg-2021-v3-1.pdf

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, upgrayders said:

Are you able to purchase a "laundrey package".?.Pay for a valet type laundry service?.  Or is by the piece?

It depends on the length of cruise. Laundry by the piece is always available. Super long cruises (e.g. ATW and I maybe others) include laundry. If you are on a not-short cruise, a discounted by the bag special price will likely be offered (e.g., 13 night cruise with ~3 days of laundry special mid-cruise for $25/bag). I think a bag held 20 items (2 socks = 1 item), so just over $1 per item which is a bargain. I don't think I kept an order sheet for the special, but I remember there didn't seem to be a way to add special instructions like cold water and low heat, so I used the self-serve; if someone can chime in on special instructions that would make me more comfortable letting go of my inner control freak. Here's the per item price list from June:

20230611_153808.jpg