LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

2 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review Meghan, as always!  

I need to get to Greece now but I sure couldn’t do it in your pace 😀

Thanks for following along. Glad you enjoyed it. 
We like to treat things like it will be the only time we will ever do them. That’s why missing Scarlet night to sleep wasn’t that big of a deal to us since we’ve done that 2 times before. The ports were more important. I remember the first time we sailed from San Juan. Every place we went, we said we would probably never be back there. Since, we’ve been to Puerto Rico at least half a dozen times and to all the ports again besides Barbados but have an itinerary going there in February. I doubt we will go to Greece half a dozen times, but you never know where life will take you. Gotta do it big and go hard when you can. 

• Like 26

8 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Thanks for following along. Glad you enjoyed it. 
We like to treat things like it will be the only time we will ever do them. That’s why missing Scarlet night to sleep wasn’t that big of a deal to us since we’ve done that 2 times before. The ports were more important. I remember the first time we sailed from San Juan. Every place we went, we said we would probably never be back there. Since, we’ve been to Puerto Rico at least half a dozen times and to all the ports again besides Barbados but have an itinerary going there in February. I doubt we will go to Greece half a dozen times, but you never know where life will take you. Gotta do it big and go hard when you can. 

I am going back in sept on Azamara, ports I been and many I never heard of.plus some turkey. Some major dream history spots.

we only have todsy.some might not party as hard  but never miss anything off ship. Came back late too. Still her stil on ship.

what would you change about the ship.not the food or drinks but the ship..cabin..water at gangway etc.

food what was your least fave  or fave 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I am going back in sept on Azamara, ports I been and many I never heard of.plus some turkey. Some major dream history spots.

we only have todsy.some might not party as hard  but never miss anything off ship. Came back late too. Still her stil on ship.

what would you change about the ship.not the food or drinks but the ship..cabin..water at gangway etc.

food what was your least fave  or fave 

My least favorite part would be the bathroom. In those regular sea terrace cabins, the bathroom is very small. Also, I wish with the late night food options, something other than breakfast was offered. 
Favorite thing would be sailing at 50%. VV, nor I have anything control over that, but a ship under capacity now, after the restart, is a special thing. No waiting! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My least favorite part would be the bathroom. In those regular sea terrace cabins, the bathroom is very small. Also, I wish with the late night food options, something other than breakfast was offered. 
Favorite thing would be sailing at 50%. VV, nor I have anything control over that, but a ship under capacity now, after the restart, is a special thing. No waiting! 

there's also pizza until about 1:30 or 2am and secret duck ramen 10:30pm-12am at the galley. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I read those bathrooms were small. Any chance you can go up to a higher cabin,

food..I heard there was pizza ..no idea only breakfast.least favorite meal.I do not like eggs. Late night if hungry I want sushi or a sandwich. I am always full from day.

I sail from Cannes at 9 and if needed pizza.

the younger days when people went for breakfast I eat a Turkey club 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I read those bathrooms were small. Any chance you can go up to a higher cabin,

food..I heard there was pizza ..no idea only breakfast.least favorite meal.I do not like eggs. Late night if hungry I want sushi or a sandwich. I am always full from day.

I sail from Cannes at 9 and if needed pizza.

the younger days when people went for breakfast I eat a Turkey club 

The XL terrace has a NICE sized bathroom. That was not granted to me this sailing. When it’s a work trip, you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit. 😆

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The XL terrace has a NICE sized bathroom. That was not granted to me this sailing. When it’s a work trip, you get what you get and you don’t throw a fit. 😆

Is your job a blogger?still have not figure it out. Just know kids,husband,lover of food And drink. I do know  Incould not keep up with you but my GF could in drinks not food. I am thinner than her  And I can out eat her.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Is your job a blogger?still have not figure it out. Just know kids,husband,lover of food And drink. I do know  Incould not keep up with you but my GF could in drinks not food. I am thinner than her  And I can out eat her.

I am not a blogger lol and I’m currently on a detox from this cruise. Even with all the walking I gained 4 pounds. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

How many cruises do you do each year?

It just depends. Last year, we did 9 including 2 B2Bs and 2 with our kids. This year, so far, we’ve sailed 3 times, with 1 more scheduled as of now. We have 2 booked in 2024 (January & February). 
This year, I tried to focus on being more intentional with different cruise lines and/or  different itineraries. 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It just depends. Last year, we did 9 including 2 B2Bs and 2 with our kids. This year, so far, we’ve sailed 3 times, with 1 more scheduled as of now. We have 2 booked in 2024 (January & February). 
This year, I tried to focus on being more intentional with different cruise lines and/or  different itineraries. 

Have you looked at small ships? Less party lste but great ports.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

Have you looked at small ships? Less party lste but great ports.

Definitely… just have to see what fits in the schedule. I was invited to try Ama Waterways, but it just didn’t fit in my schedule for the dates offered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Definitely… just have to see what fits in the schedule. I was invited to try Ama Waterways, but it just didn’t fit in my schedule for the dates offered. 

Riverboats not done. Not a small ship

idea of small are between 500 and 1000 for me.I perfer closer to 1000.

Windstar,Ritz Carlton,Silverseas,regent etc.

before Azamara was sold many compared to oceaNia. Oceania food is better.

now Azamara shore side worse but on board ok.

I hated Regent..I am older than 50. Windstar..low key but had fun in ports.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 11:50 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Hugo and lemoncello spritz

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just got home 2 days ago from Scotland and Switzerland and learned about a Hugo and was planning on telling you about it once I caught up on your review and voila here it is. It was so refreshing especially since it was quite warm in Switzerland. 

Edited by odie1024
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, odie1024 said:

I just got home 2 days ago from Scotland and Switzerland and learned about a Hugo and was planning on telling you about it once I caught up on your review and voila here it is. It was so refreshing especially since it was quite warm in Switzerland. 

Loved the Hugo! 
Welcome back! 

• Like 2

Megan - I also check in on the chat function of the Galveston cruise cameras.  One guy just posted that he got back from his Greek isles cruise last week.  He said he won’t go back, because Greece is not a clean country with a lot of litter and tagging.   I didn’t see that from any of your pictures, and didn’t see you make any of those observations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmet0225 said:

Megan - I also check in on the chat function of the Galveston cruise cameras.  One guy just posted that he got back from his Greek isles cruise last week.  He said he won’t go back, because Greece is not a clean country with a lot of litter and tagging.   I didn’t see that from any of your pictures, and didn’t see you make any of those observations.

I didn’t see a lot of litter. There was always someone sweeping up everywhere. Now the tagging thing is true. Lots of graffiti. DH even said they should “stop selling spray paint” in Athens because it was a lot. Didn’t really bother me, but it was everywhere. 

• Like 4