Is there a music walk on the Oosterdam?

vicverse

Just booked this ship for an Adriatic cruise in 2024. Now I am wondering if there is BB Blues Club and Lincoln Center Stage? Is there only Bill Board on Board? The web site doesn't mention BB King or Lincoln Center Stage and I am worried. I do see them on the deck maps. Any idea?

It’s 1:34 AM on the Oosterdam right now.  This evening I’m sure plenty of folks on the ship will post their answers…probably because they will have nothing better to do. 🤣

• Haha 1

The question should not be about "Music Walk" but rather is there any entertainment in the venues on Music Walk.  HAL does a good job providing various venues for music, and an awful job putting real groups in those venues.  Kind of like have a nice modern theater with State of the Art lighting/sound and nothing but a HAL history slide show or BBC Nature Documentary.  Ooops,  

Hank

• Haha 2

Hiltner, sorry you had such a disastrous 42 days of entertainment on HAL in Japan.  Some itineraries do not need entertainment until 1 a.m. when the the best viewing begins at 7 a.m.  And, others who want to stay up later usually meet a group with similar interests and there is never a night without fun.  That's just our experience.  We seem to always meet passengers who want to get together and enjoy an "after hours" beverage.  And, I think that there is always one location on the ship open for this.  JMO. Cherie    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were on Oosterdam on a South American cruise in February/March 

of this year. This is what we had :

1. Classical quartet (I believe they may no longer be on this ship. There

seems to be some confusion about HAL’s intentions for classical

music on their cruises.)

2. A seven piece rock band in The Rolling Stone Lounge. 
3. Two pianists, Meghan and Gabe. (Gosh, they were good

and such lovely people).

They all played six nights a week and were all incredibly talented and

entertaining. As far as our tastes are concerned we thoroughly 

enjoyed every night. What’s more, they were all very friendly and

approachable. Holland America (Pinnacle and Vista Class ships)

is the only cruise line which gives us the music we like 

listening to.

• Like 2

Agree, the Rolling Stone Lounge band currently on the Oosterdam is the best we've ever heard. Three terrific singers and they play a much greater variety than BB Kings did. There were a great variety of shows on the 31 days. Never disappointed- unfortunately during their Q&A they indicated that they will probably not return when their contract ends.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 AM, montythecat said:

Two pianists, Meghan and Gabe. (Gosh, they were good

and such lovely people).

AGREE!  

Probably the best Billboard Onboard duo ever...and very patient and nice to us older folks....They were also dating when we were onboard in March/April.  Cute couple. 

We enjoyed lots of live music on the Oosterdam.  The band was great, as were the classical musicians.  Never bored w/music walk.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 11:46 PM, montythecat said:

We were on Oosterdam on a South American cruise in February/March 

of this year. This is what we had :

@montythecat We will be on Oosterdam for 31 d on the SA cruise.  I was kind of bummed to see only 2 specialty restaurants, but was wondering if they had the "pop up" Rudi's Sel de Mer on your voyage.  

On 6/6/2023 at 7:43 AM, Nodakboiler said:

Agree, the Rolling Stone Lounge band currently on the Oosterdam is the best we've ever heard. Three terrific singers and they play a much greater variety than BB Kings did. There were a great variety of shows on the 31 days. Never disappointed- unfortunately during their Q&A they indicated that they will probably not return when their contract ends.

I agree.  We were on a few weeks ago and it was the last voyage for all of the band.  They were the best I have ever heard on a ship.  Also the Dueling piano was the last voyage also. They were spectacular also.  Interesting note in the band. They had never all played together. They practiced for a month in New York and got on in February.  Everyone had a separate contract.  They were great. 

On 6/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, Hlitner said:

…Kind of like have a nice modern theater with State of the Art lighting/sound and nothing but a HAL history slide show or BBC Nature Documentary.  Ooops,  

Hank

I cannot understand why the World Stage is not used every night, or at least most nights, during a sailing. I remember when substituting a Movie for live entertainment was almost unheard of, but on nights when we were departing from a port at 9pm or later, one could understand. But to do away with evening entertainment just doesn’t make sense to me.

On the last cruise we took pre-pandemic, we had to arrive 20-30 minutes early just to get a seat for the evening show, it was standing room only every night. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3