Cabin 7012 Neptune, is it a Good Choice?

LewiLewi

25 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

We are afraid to take a chance with a gty. Cabin on deck 3 because of possible noise issues. Cabin 7012 is available for a lot more money. Is this a good choice?

How much more money?  I have found deck 3 to be a bit too close to the water but deck 4 is fine.  

5 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

How much more money?  I have found deck 3 to be a bit too close to the water but deck 4 is fine.  

About $1400. more than gty. Deck 3. Nothing is available except this cabin on deck 7.

FWIW ... we were given an upgrade on our first ocean cruise and were placed in 7008.  LOVED the location!!!  It is quiet and has an almost "exclusive" feel to it!  It's a short walk to the Explorer's Lounge and just a quick walk to the WC for breakfast in the mornings.  The only downsides would be the fact that at the higher levels rough seas are rougher and there is no laundry room on that floor.  It's easy enough to go down to use the ones on 6, 5, 4, or 3, but not as convenient as having one right there.

• Like 3

I'm  on Neptune now in Iceland.

In order to be of assistance I left the Explorer's lounge  (with a drink in hand) and went to cabin 7012.

I advise you not to take it.

I pressed my ear against the door and heard nothing but moaning.

This might keep you awake at night.

• Haha 6

We stayed in Cabin 7012 or 7014 on our recent 15-day Mediterranean cruise and loved it!  Never saw anyone from any other 7th deck cabins so it felt like we were on a private cruise.  Steps from the elevators, just a few more steps to Wintergarden, and the pool is just beyond.  We ate at the Word Cafe often ...  just down the deck.  It was well worth the extra cost (over 15 days it was not that much extra).

I am in it right now. Last night of this cruise sadly. It is a fantastic location. A few yards from Explorer’s Lounge and Mamsens where there is coffee and light breakfast set up each morning. Easy to get to the World Cafe and Pool Grill. The only down side as Mollymoo mentioned is the laundry. Lots of walking up and down the stairs looking for a free machine. We did have some rough nights sailing the Norwegian Sea, but that doesn’t bother us. If you are prone to seasickness it would not be a good location.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, molymoo said:

FWIW ... we were given an upgrade on our first ocean cruise and were placed in 7008.  LOVED the location!!!  It is quiet and has an almost "exclusive" feel to it!  It's a short walk to the Explorer's Lounge and just a quick walk to the WC for breakfast in the mornings.  The only downsides would be the fact that at the higher levels rough seas are rougher and there is no laundry room on that floor.  It's easy enough to go down to use the ones on 6, 5, 4, or 3, but not as convenient as having one right there.

7008 gets free laundry service.

Love the access to the Explorer’s lounge!

10 hours ago, MikeyB said:

I'm  on Neptune now in Iceland.

In order to be of assistance I left the Explorer's lounge  (with a drink in hand) and went to cabin 7012.

I advise you not to take it.

I pressed my ear against the door and heard nothing but moaning.

This might keep you awake at night.

😉😎😳

We were just in room 7014 on Jupiter.  Loved it.  I would absolutely do it again.    Near World Cafe and Explorer Lounge.  It was quiet, even when there was a loud party going on in the WIntergarden area.    I would avoid certain areas on Deck 3, especially above Torshavn Nightclub.  We made that mistake once, and had to move cabins.  

• Like 2

The booking agent from Viking originally put us in 8018.  Upon researching later, I found complaints about the loud banging door to the outside right next to it that pax use a lot.  Noisy and lets in blasts of bad weather during rough conditions.    

I called to be changed out.  I am now in 7016, and think it may indeed be a better location.  Though very close to the elevator doors.  Anyone have any issues with that cabin?  Thanks in advance.  🙂  

It has been great to read all the information on Deck 7 cabins as we are in 7014 on the August 25th Sky sailing out of Athens.  We previously had a cabin on deck 3 on the Orion out of Venice.  We spent so much time on deck 7  that  I was delighted to snag this one.  So happy to be only a hop,skip and jump from Mamsens!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

The booking agent from Viking originally put us in 8018.  Upon researching later, I found complaints about the loud banging door to the outside right next to it that pax use a lot.  Noisy and lets in blasts of bad weather during rough conditions.    

I called to be changed out.  I am now in 7016, and think it may indeed be a better location.  Though very close to the elevator doors.  Anyone have any issues with that cabin?  Thanks in advance.  🙂  

We were in 7018.  Loved it.
No issues with noise on our cruise.

Very convenient to Explorer Lounge, Wintergarden, pool grill.

That has become our corridor of choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

We were in 7018.  Loved it.
No issues with noise on our cruise.

Very convenient to Explorer Lounge, Wintergarden, pool grill.

That has become our corridor of choice.

Thanks!  Really looking forward to it!  🙂 

We were,  upgraded to a penthouse Jr suite on the 7th deck  a couple of years ago and loved the location. So we booked 7014 for Hawaiian Islands and Polynesia. So happy to hear all those positive comments! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cabins on Deck 7 are probably the best situated on board. Staterooms above and below, and little foot traffic. We did the Northern Lights in 7008 last year and it was perfect. Pro tip: the "rear" entrance to the Explorers' Lounge is at the end of the port corridor, so you won't have to trek past the elevators, the Owner's Suite, and Mamsen's to get there and back.

I would go down to the WC for coffee for Gail and myself early in the morning (before it was open) - just a short walk on one deck, but with a lot of doors, so take a tray. Easy access to Mamsen's for Success Cake, not that we are addicted...

Our next VO cruise, Hawaiian Islands Sojourn (28 Dec 2023) will be in 7014, which popped up just as I was ready to make our reservation and I called our TA to grab it!

One last thing - don't tell anybody or it'll be harder to book it next time!

• Like 2